To the blues... Pass on my 'thanks'. :)

General
So, yeah, there’s a Yuletide image of me and my little girl taken a couple of weeks ago (I'll maybe share it with some of you).

You’ll undoubtedly be shocked to know that I took the chance to get my images taken with a Diablo hat, so a little Blizzard-legend ended up being included with my beautiful 19-month old girl. But, despite choosing that hat, there was another reason that I wore it:

I’m the unlucky, and unproud, owner of a brain tumour – and to be specific, a glioblastoma.

Sucks, doesn’t it?

Except… I’ve been playing Blizzard games for just over 21 years thanks to starting it all out with my Edinburgh-friend, Christopher, back in ’97. His mum and dad’s parents slotted their ‘puter way up in the attic, so that’s where I spent some time with one of my best buddies (when we weren’t ROCKING MUSIC) and we rocked the heck out of Diablo’s church in order to woop his backside. I was such an expert that I started as a ranged girl, well equipped with the best sword and shield I could get my hands on, and got livid when the Butcher rubbed me out because I wasn’t far enough away to avoid death.

Ah, the memories.

I loved Diablo. Loved it. Prior to it, I’d been sticking with Sega consoles and I spent a lot of time after my Blizzard original experience with other control-pad boxes, but I’ve never moved away from what you’ve been spitting out. I finally got to Diablo II about ’03 or ’04, mainly because the first part of my naval career got into the way of games, and I remembered just how much I loved the entire Diablo concept. Playing a necromancer was all kinds of good, the character development was fantastic, and I just kept adoring the game.

Putting my Diablo things on one page, I had also played Warcraft III to its conclusion, and picked up its Frozen Throne and managed to get through that, too. I adored the tales of Illidan and Arthas and adored the gameplay and the stories surrounding the entire construct more than any games I’d played before them. I haven’t played the prior Warcraft games, as I’ve not had the time really, but by 2007 I’d played four Blizzard games and thought they were simply wonderful.

But come late in 2007, well, I came across the game I’ve adored more than anything else.

I started playing World of Warcraft during its Burning Crusade.

I’ve been playing it for eleven years now and, honestly, don’t feel sorry for that whatsoever. I’ve taken some breaks (I was playing Star Wars with friends, so Cataclysm got left behind for a bit, while Warlords of Draenor was easy to leave behind for just about anything) but have continuously been involved in the greatest MMORPG ever made since I got my first fun with it just prior to the 2.4 addition. My greatest time with it was during Wrath, as I played in a ten-man group with friends that I respected and adored, and we killed Arthas together (somewhat sadly) after starting with our first target of Naxxramas a couple of years before.

Wrath remains my favourite, followed by Legion and the Burning Crusade, with Mists and Cataclysm both being good expansions… I won’t mention the others.
But despite my continued commitment to World of Warcraft, I’ve not stopped playing the other games Blizzard have been releasing. The launch of Diablo 3 in 2012 was a shame, given the cash demands and the broken gear dropping, but the fixes made it into a wonderful game again that I wish I had time to play more. Did I buy the expansion and wrap that up? Of course! And 2014 saw me starting with Hearthstone, an utterly fabulous game assuming you don’t depend on a random spell to kill the right minion and it hits the one with the paladin’s Divine Shield. My favourite class is my mage, NOT JAINA, but I’m not that fabulous, sadly – the best I’ve managed is rank thirteen. :(

So given your games, I’ve been playing your stuff over two decades. All of the Diablo games, Warcraft III, the World of Warcraft and Hearthstone have seen me play them lots and lots and keep loving them. I’ve given things like Starcraft, Heroes and Overwatch a go but, sadly, they’re not really my games and I haven’t time. Making it more demanding, when you get your wife and your little girl, well… There’s less time to kill when you have a darling that wants tickled and giggled. :D

But what will I get more fun with?

I honestly don’t know. I can’t say I’ll have time for the new Warcraft III, and despite loving the plan for Classic World of Warcraft I don’t know if I’ll be able to play it. The next Diablo? I’d find a chance to play that epic too but, again, I can’t say if I’ll get that chance. The really crap thing about the glioblastoma I have is that I have a predicted continuation of eleven to fourteen months. To start with I didn’t care, because I assumed someone would have the ability to dispel it, but it seems impossible. But if I can’t get rid of it, you can auction several thousand gold that I’m going to be around longer than the averages. That’s my commitment.

So, what’s this message about?

It’s to the blues:

Thank your company for everything.

I’ve loved playing your games, I’ve loved listening to the builders and writers talk about what they adore, and I wish I had the ability to go to this years BlizzCon (I was a bit busy getting a brain cancer cut out). I’ll try and keep playing these games during radiotherapy when the time lets me, and I’ll continue looking forward to the things you guys are building and getting ready to inspire us with. Morhaime, Metzen, Kaplan, Chilton and many others that I don’t remember the name of will always be smiled at when I think of them, and I hope to one day live long enough to catch some of them somehow.

If not, well, just let them know that those who move on think they made some great time.

Love you, guys – peace. :)
11/11/2018 19:39Posted by Aviemore
Love you, guys – peace.

I wish you the best and hope things work out for you.

This is what makes World of Warcraft so special. So many memories, with the players you play with and get to know. It's always there for you to help you through what ever you are going through.

Likewise, the people are too when you get to make new friends and spend countless nights together trying to kill a boss or get something completed.

You have my condolences~ I hope you are able to stay around as long as you can. :)
11/11/2018 20:22Posted by Tymaar
You have my condolences~ I hope you are able to stay around as long as you can. :)
Thank you.

I'm going to do everything I can. :)
Love ya man!
Be the little girl’s Tank.

Make sure that the little one has that many and fond memories of you (in any case) that you have of Blizzard games :-))
sorry to hear about your current health battles i don't really know you as a person but you seem awsome :)

stay positive! and keep rocking!
I'm sorry to hear about your condition, I really wish you all the best, just never give up hope.

Stay positive! Stay strong!
12/11/2018 19:03Posted by Coyote
Make sure that the little one has that many and fond memories of you (in any case) that you have of Blizzard games :-))

Mum's trying to stop the video game love, but she will fail. ;)

12/11/2018 19:24Posted by Pixelbear

My best buddy and I actually have tickets for Metallica in a few months... Fingers crossed, haha.

12/11/2018 19:29Posted by Savoren

I'll try! I promise!
Thank you for sharing your story, it's humbling to hear of the time you've spent in our many worlds, creating memories with your friends despite everything you're dealing with. We wish you the best of luck with your battle, we have plenty more stories to tell. :)

Aka'Magosh!
Arkenon poros, friend.
got livid when the Butcher rubbed me out because I wasn’t far enough away to avoid death.

This is one of those memories all long-term Blizz fans have in common, I think...

Lots of love to you, friend. Lots of luck and strength in your fight too! Thanks for being here and for sharing your story with us <3
So, yeah, there’s a Yuletide image of me and my little girl taken a couple of weeks ago (I'll maybe share it with some of you).

You’ll undoubtedly be shocked to know that I took the chance to get my images taken with a Diablo hat, so a little Blizzard-legend ended up being included with my beautiful 19-month old girl. But, despite choosing that hat, there was another reason that I wore it:

I’m the unlucky, and unproud, owner of a brain tumour – and to be specific, a glioblastoma.

Sucks, doesn’t it?

Except… I’ve been playing Blizzard games for just over 21 years thanks to starting it all out with my Edinburgh-friend, Christopher, back in ’97. His mum and dad’s parents slotted their ‘puter way up in the attic, so that’s where I spent some time with one of my best buddies (when we weren’t ROCKING MUSIC) and we rocked the heck out of Diablo’s church in order to woop his backside. I was such an expert that I started as a ranged girl, well equipped with the best sword and shield I could get my hands on, and got livid when the Butcher rubbed me out because I wasn’t far enough away to avoid death.

Ah, the memories.

I loved Diablo. Loved it. Prior to it, I’d been sticking with Sega consoles and I spent a lot of time after my Blizzard original experience with other control-pad boxes, but I’ve never moved away from what you’ve been spitting out. I finally got to Diablo II about ’03 or ’04, mainly because the first part of my naval career got into the way of games, and I remembered just how much I loved the entire Diablo concept. Playing a necromancer was all kinds of good, the character development was fantastic, and I just kept adoring the game.

Putting my Diablo things on one page, I had also played Warcraft III to its conclusion, and picked up its Frozen Throne and managed to get through that, too. I adored the tales of Illidan and Arthas and adored the gameplay and the stories surrounding the entire construct more than any games I’d played before them. I haven’t played the prior Warcraft games, as I’ve not had the time really, but by 2007 I’d played four Blizzard games and thought they were simply wonderful.

But come late in 2007, well, I came across the game I’ve adored more than anything else.

I’ve been playing it for eleven years now and, honestly, don’t feel sorry for that whatsoever. I’ve taken some breaks (I was playing Star Wars with friends, so Cataclysm got left behind for a bit, while Warlords of Draenor was easy to leave behind for just about anything) but have continuously been involved in the greatest MMORPG ever made since I got my first fun with it just prior to the 2.4 addition. My greatest time with it was during Wrath, as I played in a ten-man group with friends that I respected and adored, and we killed Arthas together (somewhat sadly) after starting with our first target of Naxxramas a couple of years before.

Wrath remains my favourite, followed by Legion and the Burning Crusade, with Mists and Cataclysm both being good expansions… I won’t mention the others.
But despite my continued commitment to World of Warcraft, I’ve not stopped playing the other games Blizzard have been releasing. The launch of Diablo 3 in 2012 was a shame, given the cash demands and the broken gear dropping, but the fixes made it into a wonderful game again that I wish I had time to play more. Did I buy the expansion and wrap that up? Of course! And 2014 saw me starting with Hearthstone, an utterly fabulous game assuming you don’t depend on a random spell to kill the right minion and it hits the one with the paladin’s Divine Shield. My favourite class is my mage, NOT JAINA, but I’m not that fabulous, sadly – the best I’ve managed is rank thirteen. :(

So given your games, I’ve been playing your stuff over two decades. All of the Diablo games, Warcraft III, the World of Warcraft and Hearthstone have seen me play them lots and lots and keep loving them. I’ve given things like Starcraft, Heroes and Overwatch a go but, sadly, they’re not really my games and I haven’t time. Making it more demanding, when you get your wife and your little girl, well… There’s less time to kill when you have a darling that wants tickled and giggled. :D

I honestly don’t know. I can’t say I’ll have time for the new Warcraft III, and despite loving the plan for Classic World of Warcraft I don’t know if I’ll be able to play it. The next Diablo? I’d find a chance to play that epic too but, again, I can’t say if I’ll get that chance. The really crap thing about the glioblastoma I have is that I have a predicted continuation of eleven to fourteen months. To start with I didn’t care, because I assumed someone would have the ability to dispel it, but it seems impossible. But if I can’t get rid of it, you can auction several thousand gold that I’m going to be around longer than the averages. That’s my commitment.

It’s to the blues:

I’ve loved playing your games, I’ve loved listening to the builders and writers talk about what they adore, and I wish I had the ability to go to this years BlizzCon (I was a bit busy getting a brain cancer cut out). I’ll try and keep playing these games during radiotherapy when the time lets me, and I’ll continue looking forward to the things you guys are building and getting ready to inspire us with. Morhaime, Metzen, Kaplan, Chilton and many others that I don’t remember the name of will always be smiled at when I think of them, and I hope to one day live long enough to catch some of them somehow.

If not, well, just let them know that those who move on think they made some great time.

hmm, but why is it in the World of Warcraft forums? Most of this post is about Diablo.

Also, why did you choose Blizzard games? I assume it'S not because the name is similar to a ski-making company, so why Blizzard?
people like you are the reason I keep playing this game. good luck my man. life is a funny ol' thing, and it may yet throw out some surprises
I never though i'd like a blood elf, demon hunter...

you have a nice post here and thanks for playing wow with me, even as enemy
Lok'tar ogar brave warrior
13/11/2018 17:37Posted by Irondverg

Sucks, doesn’t it?

Ah, the memories.

It’s to the blues:

hmm, but why is it in the World of Warcraft forums? Most of this post is about Diablo.

Also, why did you choose Blizzard games? I assume it'S not because the name is similar to a ski-making company, so why Blizzard?

I will probably get banned for this but Irondverg do !@#$ off if you have nothing nice to say.

To the OP good luck in your battle and sharing your story with us.
I don't know who you are, but I will remember this post for the span of my life. All the best.
Aviemore is beautiful...was up there not so long ago..
best wishes..:)
Keep your hope alive as long as you can because your willpower often has huge impact on these matters and I'll pray the best for you.
13/11/2018 10:31Posted by Aviemore
12/11/2018 19:03Posted by Coyote

Mum's trying to stop the video game love, but she will fail. ;)

12/11/2018 19:24Posted by Pixelbear

My best buddy and I actually have tickets for Metallica in a few months... Fingers crossed, haha.

12/11/2018 19:29Posted by Savoren

I'll try! I promise!

I really hope u Will be able to see Metallica. I Will be there too. And i really loved your story i feel the same about blizzard games i grew up with them.
I wish you all the best in kicking cancers !@#. My old man just had to have his prostate removed, while I was also in hospital getting damaged spinal nerves burned back for pain control!

I would hazard we're similar ages and I hope you are able to share your love of Blizzard games with your little one.

All the best,

Dan