ATVI Blizzard stock is plummeting

General
Activision has enough capital to suffer a share price bump in the road.

To compensate they can ''restructure'' aka fire useless WoW Developers like Ion (for the horde XD) and hire competent developers who care about the game all-round, as two popular factions=2x happy gamers=2x money
WoD wasn't even bad, I don't know why it gets such a hugely negative feedback.

The ''stone age'' mixed with wild west vibes it tried to bring across was cool, the first 2 raid tiers & instances were cool and immersive and classes were still fun to play.

Oh yeah and the train. The. !@#$%^-. fricking. train. Instant win. Coolest instance ever.
WoD wasn't even bad, I don't know why it gets such a hugely negative feedback.

The ''stone age'' vibes it tried to bring across was cool, the first 2 raid tiers & instances were cool and immersive and classes were still fun to play.

I think the issue with WOD was the no flying announcement that was made. This caused outrage as people had flying mounts they were not able to use. The compromise was the pathfinder system. So right in the beginning the expansion had bad press, combine this with garrisons, the mission table, Ashran, and lack of content, WOD sank fast.
I for one welcome the fact that the battle.net forums have turned into a big investment news group this past month :D

Can we cover the real estate market next, pretty please?
13/11/2018 19:22Posted by Eighjan
If the Realms are still open
We already pay a premium price for the spastic servers to be open. Blizzard fuc!king up shouldn't change that. At least I hope a good company with great values buy Activision Blizzard.
Just pointing out Blizz shares are worth 3x as much as they were 5 years ago.

Gleefully linking a one day chart and saying "See, its cos Blizzcon sucked lel" is about as dumb as it gets.

Lets face it, the world is complicated, investments and markets are complicated and reducing it to this level is like using the words "it goes boom" to describe nuclear physics.
While it might be nice to see Activision Blizzard take an !@# kicking for the crap they've done lately, it won't last, next week things will be business as usual.
13/11/2018 19:38Posted by Xakura
Edit: Wait 2k is owned by take two also, so 2K don't own rockstar.
So 2K stock going down still makes sense, as RDR2 would not do anything for them.

Well, there's no 2K or Rockstar stock price, since Take Two owns 100% of both companies, so yes, I should have written Take Two price instead of 2K.
13/11/2018 19:36Posted by Tymaar
13/11/2018 19:16Posted by Hedda
Listen to players. Heck, even WoD was better than this many ways.

Good riddance.

This has to be trolling.

If you think for a second BfA has less and is comparable to WoD, then you are simply delusional and just looking to attack the game at this point.

Leave and let those who enjoy it, enjoy it. I enjoy BfA, and a lot more do.

I do, I think WOD was better than BFA. I certainly enjoyed the dungeons and raids far more, the zones were better and had more variety, the classes just played better and that is really important. I've never been a big world quest, rep guy so if those are the things you are basing BFA's arguable superiority on then I would understand your viewpoint but not agree with it.
Lmao it still is going down and hasnt gone up, was 55$ the day before yesterday, 52$ now xD

13/11/2018 19:39Posted by Ghazpeshi
The more greedy companies that goes down the better.

Pretty much this, gaming industry has been left unchecked to do whatever greedy thing it wants for too long, it is time to suffer for that.
Wildly off topic but, can you s t f u about stock markets?
Go post your financial "This is what I reckon ..."s on the Wall St Journal site or at Forex or the Financial Times or wherever.
13/11/2018 23:48Posted by Fluxache
Wildly off topic but, can you s t f u about stock markets? Go post your financial "This is what I reckon ..."s on the Wall St Journal site or at Forex or the Financial Times or wherever.

As much as many of the figures quoted here are bizarre, how much effort did it take for you to click on this thread and post a message with abbreviations showing laziness, as opposed to simply going "This does not interest me" and ignoring it?

Genuinely curious question.
13/11/2018 23:53Posted by Brigante
13/11/2018 23:48Posted by Fluxache
Wildly off topic but, can you s t f u about stock markets? Go post your financial "This is what I reckon ..."s on the Wall St Journal site or at Forex or the Financial Times or wherever.

As much as many of the figures quoted here are bizarre, how much effort did it take for you to click on this thread and post a message with abbreviations showing laziness, as opposed to simply going "This does not interest me" and ignoring it?

Genuinely curious question.

Unless you work for Blizzard or are some kind of forum based parapsychologist, that is, quite literally none of your business.
14/11/2018 00:01Posted by Fluxache
Unless you work for Blizzard or are some kind of forum based parapsychologist, that is, quite literally none of your business.

I think the term would be Psychologist, unless you are a supernatural being, or claim to have some extra-human abilities. It is however, assuming you are an ...entity that is not human, what we call a question, where a statement is made in a querulous fashion, so as to illicit a response. Said response, is what I am awaiting..
I mean otherwise there would be absolutely no point in your statement at all "I Don't care about this, and I came here to post about how I don't care about this!"

I mean that is almost the dictionary definition of an 'oxymoron'
13/11/2018 19:49Posted by Owlsong
biggest in 2 years
Biggest in their entire history by the looks of it
13/11/2018 20:29Posted by Jito
I for one welcome the fact that the battle.net forums have turned into a big investment news group this past month :D

Can we cover the real estate market next, pretty please?

Sure land prices are up near Stormwind, but down near zones that are impacted by the Cataclysm. Also things are looking up at the Broken Shore, if you do not mind the odd demon or two flying around.
13/11/2018 20:03Posted by Trelw
@All: According to CNN business news I have seen, companies like Apple and other tech stocks are going down hard, too. So the stock market is doing its' own thing and we should not read too much into individual stocks, when the general trend is downwards.
It's not Blizzcon, at least not totally, looking at the quarterly reports ATVI/Blizz have lost 40 million MAU (Monthly Active Users) since 4th Quarter last year, then came Diablo Immortal with a game being booed, and the absolutely tone death response to the reaction (but we thought our players wanted this) being that disconnected from your customers is a big !@# deal, and not a good sign. We could also look at the 'the Horde are now genocidal fascists' storyline in WOW and the damage that is doing, and the tone deaf 'no change of direction' that the devs for this game are doing. All that adds up to a company that is loosing or has lost the trust of it's customers (and don't get me started on the Destiny 2 price hikes), and that means the future is not 'bright' at all, unless they do some serious damage control and PR activity to make it good, including listening, and changing their minds about the we know best and trust us attitudes...because why should we have any trust left?
Good, loved wow for many years but 2018 has been a complete spit in the face to all Blizzard fans. First BFA and now Diablo Immortal

I hope they dont completely fail but I want them to learn from their lessons that they cant feed us crap and expect us to all lap it up and then thanks them
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN its still going down ALOT.

Its like if you threw a big rock in a deep pool of water.