horde lower number of characters (horde only please)

Story
14/11/2018 17:24Posted by Sylanna
i am will worry about the horde future

what do you think about this dilemma?
I think the best what can happen to the horde is the final death of Sylvanas. She is destroying the faction pride!
14/11/2018 17:46Posted by Shandyra
I think the best what can happen to the horde is the final death of Sylvanas. She is destroying the faction pride!

This again.. not really. People love her, be it on wowhead, youtube, reddit or even in our own general discussion. Only some horde players in story forums hate her. The funniest thing is that these posts usually come from Alliance players who are for some reason worried about "the soul of the Horde". Bizzarre.
14/11/2018 17:34Posted by Sylvianna
They are neutralish but still leaning Alliance. Still better than dead, overall.

Not really, being neutral is worse, since it ruins everything their characters once stood for. Also, another thing Alliance loses is concepts, just so the mud hut faction doesn't have to live in mud huts.

Paladins come to mind, or the best example, Dalaran. A former human kingdom turned neutral just because horde has no cities so we have to share. And, I'm not a night elf fan, but Horde even has wardens now, that even angers me and I hate elves.

and i am sure horde world rather have their own thing so will you stop thinking that it is our fault

And then you have horde fans who probably play a paladin, hearth the Dalaran every other day and then come online and say "lul Alliance so boring". Yeah of course we are because everything nice we have has to be shared, elsewise the people who claim to love their underdog mud hut faction because it's "so cool" get mad because they live in mud huts and are underdogs.

and i am sure horde world rather have their own thing so will you stop thinking that it is our fault
We will just replace them with Thrall and Vol'jin when he inevitably gets ressurected. And hey, maybe Calia decides she wants to join the Horde and replace Sylvanas as forsaken leader. Not that it is something I strongly desire, but anything is better than what we have now.
14/11/2018 17:26Posted by Owlsong
You're not the boss of me.

...now. And you are not so biiiig.

Couldn’t resist. Reference. Anyone?

Ps: serious answer to the topic incoming shortly. Driving atm.
Khadgar isn't neutral enough to safely walk in a Horde outpost and feeling safe about being there around Orcs, apparently. So...as I was saying I'm not really considering this kind of neutrality something that actively damages the Alliance, or the "former" position and history of those characters in the Alliance.

True neutral characters are people like Tirion or Illidan for example.
14/11/2018 17:54Posted by Darvingar
We will just replace them with Thrall and Vol'jin when he inevitably gets ressurected. And hey, maybe Calia decides she wants to join the Horde and replace Sylvanas as forsaken leader. Not that it is something I strongly desire, but anything is better than what we have now.

i can't see her as a horde character to much alliance in her

and it doesn't help on the numbers
14/11/2018 17:52Posted by Northgrave
14/11/2018 17:46Posted by Shandyra

This again.. not really. People love her, be it on wowhead, youtube, reddit or even in our own general discussion. Only some horde players in story forums hate her. The funniest thing is that these posts usually come from Alliance players who are for some reason worried about "the soul of the Horde". Bizzarre.

I think they are worried because when the “soul of the horde” diminishes world trees burn (and other !@#$ things). We don’t want the Horde to be led by a genocidal maniac. I’m sorry for that.
14/11/2018 17:58Posted by Sylvianna
Khadgar isn't neutral enough to safely walk in a Horde outpost and feeling safe about being there around Orcs, apparently. So...as I was saying I'm not really considering this kind of neutrality something that actively damages the Alliance, or the "former" position and history of those characters in the Alliance.

True neutral characters are people like Tirion or Illidan for example.

I think Khadgar is neutral yes but I think that he’s more of a pacifist when it comes to the faction war and wants to be indifferent/uninvolved.

Likely because he wants to be safe (even tho he OP af) and he knows there are more important things to worry about, plus he played a big role in legion so he is retired for that reason (for now)
14/11/2018 18:00Posted by Telriem
14/11/2018 17:52Posted by Northgrave

I think they are worried because when the “soul of the horde” diminishes world trees burn (and other !@#$ things). We don’t want the Horde to be led by a genocidal maniac. I’m sorry for that.

do not think there are many that want to be led by som one that can't react this out the boy king pep talk
The Horde is not really low on heroes.
What we are low on though are powerful people.
In contrast to the Alliance.

But well the Horde character progress became a joke since Garrosh was made a raid boss really.
with the death of garrosh vol'jin the high age of saurfang and eitrigg and everything indicates that we wil lose sylvanas maybe nathanos to. I would say we are running out.
i see garona and lilian voss present in bfa as a symptoms of that.
and blizzard tendency to kill more horde characters then there create

i am will worry about the horde future

I'm not particularly bothered, characters are easy to make. but blizzard is offing a lot, but then many of them weren't particularly good or particularly liked either, some were, but a lot aren't, maybe it will make room for some newer heroes.

I for one would like an awesome blood elf hero to arise, an heir to the Sunstrider throne has a nice buzz to it. Written well ofc
14/11/2018 18:12Posted by Kalibas
for one would like an awesome blood elf hero to arise, an heir to the Sunstrider throne has a nice buzz to it. Written well ofc

we already have Lor'themar, Liadrin, Halduron, Rommath. Captain something from the Thunder Isle.
We don't have many but our heroes are proper fleshed out, not over the top nor over-exposed.

Sure they are not the talk of the mill, but they are all nice and polished.
14/11/2018 18:18Posted by Durlan
14/11/2018 18:12Posted by Kalibas
for one would like an awesome blood elf hero to arise, an heir to the Sunstrider throne has a nice buzz to it. Written well ofc

we already have Lor'themar, Liadrin, Halduron, Rommath. Captain something from the Thunder Isle.
We don't have many but our heroes are proper fleshed out, not over the top nor over-exposed.

blood elf is good and all but i think darkspear troll tauren and goblin need more characters and orc need som that not have one foot in the grave
<span class="truncated">...</span>

blood elf is good and all but i think darkspear troll tauren and goblin need more characters and orc need som that not have one foot in the grave

Meh I think orcs are in an okay position (Saurfang, eitrigg and Rexxae - whoever else I’m missing)

Darkspear Trolls and Tauren are in the worst position surely

Obviously pandaren are just forgotten about on either side. They simply don’t exist anymore right?

EDIT - Still awaiting Zaraos Response

That is some valid concern. Taking a look at iconic character and leaders.....Sylvanas is the last WC3 hero left.

And Blizzard doesn't even bother building up substitutes after they remove certain characters from the narrative. Orcs and trolls have been officially leaderless for a while now.

Thats also one of the reasons why i vehemently argue against anything that implies removing Sylvanas too. She is the remaining figure of a list of iconic Horde characters that has been surgically erased from WoWs story.

14/11/2018 17:54Posted by Darvingar

'We'? Have you fully changed sides Orisienne?
14/11/2018 18:33Posted by Telriem

Meh I think orcs are in an okay position (Saurfang, eitrigg and Rexxae - whoever else I’m missing)

Darkspear Trolls and Tauren are in the worst position surely

Obviously pandaren are just forgotten about on either side. They simply don’t exist anymore right?

EDIT - Still awaiting Zaraos Response

as i say Saurfang and eitrigg a of high age if there don't die by blade then of age in the foreseeable future
14/11/2018 18:27Posted by Sylanna

Oh absolutely.
Tauren needs to have more heroes appear like the Plain strider rogue of Baine's seeing him just once in the actual game would be neat.

and trolls they are getting some build slowly it seems now, and gets back Vol'jin in some different form.

my Point was simply: the Blood elves really don't need any secret Sunstrider to appear, for we already have our Iconic heroes.
Thrall and Metzen are getting back as next Warchief (probably) so Orcs are covered. Everybody likes Thrall after all. For the Darkspear Trolls Blizzard could make it so that they are "annexed" into the Zandalari Empire and so Talanji will be their new leader. Darkspears will still have regional autonomy in their own territories in Kalimdor but formally Talanji will be leading them from Zandalar. I think Vol'jin and Rokhan would pretty much agree with it anyway, let the Trolls unite under a single banner for once instead of always dividing them.

Baine just needs to man up and be more like Cairne so even in this case a replacement is not really needed. As you said Blood Elves are fine for now, and despite they lost all of their characters in the RTS old games like Kael'thas or the Windrunner sisters so that's proof Blizzard can actually build a good story with new characters in a MMO-rpg too (the Void Elves are a bad example instead in my opinion)
I don’t like Thrall since Cataclysm tbh. Think it’s best he doesn’t return. Will probably steal our Azshara kill for some reason.