horde lower number of characters (horde only please)

Story
The Nightborne and Blood Elves don't need to worry about their leaderships as they are solid in both unity to each other and to the Horde.

If one city is attacked, the other will come and defend.
14/11/2018 18:54Posted by Tánariá
The Nightborne and Blood Elves don't need to worry about their leaderships as they are solid in both unity to each other and to the Horde.

If one city is attacked, the other will come and defend.

Yes, but aren't the Highmountain Tauren closer to Suramar anyway? So they would be faster to defend the Nightborne. I mean the Blood Elves could help (again..heh) but let's not get used to it ok? Not when the Highmountain Tauren are closer. The Horde territories of the Broken Isles are really well defended with these two races already in the Horde's ranks.

Although IF the Nightborne HAD a navy (at least not a big one like the Sin'dorei one, but at least if they had it at all), they could "squeeze" the Kul Tiran fleet in an attack between the Broken Isles and Zandalar's fleets joint effort..but of course the Zandalari are going to lose their own fleet (Trolls never change, they would never work with elves gladly anyway) and the Nightborne can't do anything about it because they never bothered to even make a fleet despite being on an huge isle :P
14/11/2018 19:01Posted by Sylvianna
the Nightborne can't do anything about it because they never bothered to even make a fleet despite being on an huge isle :P

Funnily enough, being encased inside a huge arcane bubble doesn't exactly demand a navy...especially if said navy means leaving the bubble and becoming Withered.

Also, the Nightborne don't need a navy. Their knowledge on telemancy is enough to get them from point A to point B.

Also, before the bubble went up, Suramar wasn't surrounded by ocean, duh!!
Tauren could use some more inspirational figures for sure…
They could start with fleshing out Mayla, Lassan and Jale more for the Highmountain tribes, perhaps some new chieftain for the remaining Bloodtotem, to add some more badassery.

But the Kalimdor Tauren need a little more help..
Maybe ol' Vol'jin can help out, by pushing Cairne's spirit into Baine's body( I can hope can't I) and have 'little' Baine's spirit housed in some adolescent, preferable one we can still 're educate' on what's proper leadership material for the future, that or some of Sylvanas' necromongering goes awry and has a similar effect.

There's Tragg Highmountain, an undead abomination for sure, but one that could be developed more in game.

Jevan Grimtotem(personal favorite), he redeemed himself and his followers by aiding Baine in the retaking of Thunder Bluff, he could add some much needed backbone to the Tauren spirit.

Perith Stormhoof, Baine's loyal friend, what role he could play, I'm not sure.

Aponi Brightmane and Dezco Dawnchaser, for Sunwalkers.(Maybe rethink the whole 'Light' worshipping thing for Tauren that somehow surfaced in Legion…)

Some more of Hamuul Runetotem, I Always respected this character, but he seems rather weakwilled and stuffed in a corner now, he is the tauren Archdruid and not a pushover when it comes to skill and power.

Magatha, yes I said it, why? She was Sylvanas staunchest ally when she and the Forsaken applied their joining into the Horde. And now would be a perfect time for the Grimtotem to rejoin the fray, really. For one, Sylvanas is under attack and needs allies, because we're supposedly losing this war, and we need more powerfull caster types, she is one of the strongest Shaman known.

Secondly, it would give a chance of redemption for Magatha and her side of the Grimtotem, in Legion the description for the Grimtotem warriors was ' Defender of the Tauren people' if I do recall correctly, and they were Always said to be Tauren supremacists, which would mean they would need to come to the aid of the other tribes now more than ever, with the Alliance readying to attack their people, and all that would follow a defeat.

It would open up more customization options for the Tauren aswell, like we saw with the Blood Elves and soon the Night Elves, or Orcs with their straightened backs.

Or Blizzard could come up with some more Bloodhoof tribesmembers, when it's just one father(dead) and one (spineless) son, that isn't much of a tribe realisticly, let alone one that could rule over all the Tauren tribes on Kalimdor.
14/11/2018 17:43Posted by Northgrave
Yeah of course we are because everything nice we have has to be shared, elsewise the people who claim to love their underdog mud hut faction because it's "so cool" get mad because they live in mud huts and are underdogs.

Really? I for one was glad when Dalaran broke neutrality and joined the Alliance pre WoD. Thought it was a great opportunity to have the Horde rely on Silvermoon and the Sunreavers as its Dalaran equivalent. After all mastery of the arcane is one of the added values Blood Elves bring to the Horde.

That Blizzard turned Dalaran neutral was done due to pure convenience of having an already existing shared city.
14/11/2018 19:38Posted by Shagosienne
After all mastery of the arcane is one of the added values Blood Elves bring to the Horde.

Although now it seems that it's the Nightborne that bring the Arcane side to the Horde and Blood Elves bring the disciplined Blood Knights and Holy Light wielders to the Horde.
I think we need a break expansion where instead of a new continent they just revamp Azeroth and we can level to 130 in any zone we want, with endgame taking place in some or all of those zones.

They’d be able to introduce a mass of new characters and plots to both factions and it’d give us a breather from continuous end of the world shenanigans.
14/11/2018 20:24Posted by Aeula
I think we need a break expansion where instead of a new continent they just revamp Azeroth and we can level to 130 in any zone we want, with endgame taking place in some or all of those zones.

That's a really good idea actually.

The only problem is though, that the content drought between patches or the expansion after would risk being huge.

Blizzard has never and will probably never dedicate all the zones in their game from every continent or world to be end-game content with end-game raids, world quests, dailies etc.
The Horde is in a worse position when it comes to leaders, but not by much. They have the characters in place, they just need to use them more.

It is pretty much ( I mean I may be wrong, but I think it is a safe bet) cemented that Rok'han is the new Darkspear Leader. He needs more screen time. I know he has done stuff in BfA, but we still don't have a feel for the character, the way you did for Vol'jin.

They need to sort out Baine. Seriously. They need to work out who or what he is, he is in a bizarre nether place at the moment. I actually -liked- what Golden did with him in 'War Crimes'. It showed this conscientious Bull, who has a crappy job to do, that he had -every- reason in the world not to want to do, but he did it anyway. Since then, he's been hit with the pacifist stick too hard.

Orcs remains to be seen. Saurfang was a solid bet, and he really does exemplify some of the Orc ideals, but then 'Lost Honour' kind of ruined him for a lot of people. Not for me, personally. I can totally see why both Saurfang and Anduin are the way they are. Saurfang knows he can't depose Sylvanas in the Orcish way, if he challenges her to a Mak'gora she can just say "Lol Nope" Its how you remove an -Orc- Warchief, not a Warchief. Saurfang was trying to be clever, have Anduin kill Sylvanas, him take over as Warchief and then fight the War -His- way. That failed. Anduin is trying to use Saurfang like the Germans used Lenin in our world "Im letting you go back so you can destabilise my enemies"

Both are being clever. I guess we'll see how it pans out.

Lor'themar is just a snark beast. They wheel him out now and then to be sarcastic to Jaina, or Alleria. He deserves more screen time. I'd love to see an actual cinematic conversation between him and Anduin..Still, he is a powerful leader who is not afraid to lead from the front, and does the job of ruler because he -has- to, not because he -wants- to. He's one of the more solid Horde Leaders right now. Couple that with the fact that he and Liadrin are a 'thing' and you have a solid power couple there, that could offset Tyrande/Malfurion.

Gallywix is a douche, but lets face it, he's a kind of loveable douche, for all the fact that you want to punch him in his face and set all four of his chins wobbling, the fact they have actually put him in game (Only took since Cata!!) and he has a unique model, hopefully shows that plot ain't done with him yet.

Nathanos...Oh Nathanos….such potential, so wasted. He should never have gotten the new model. -A- New model, yes, but he should have still looked Forsaken. It is a bit of a slap to the Forsaken playerbase that none of their leaders actually looks, well...Forsaken. It does tell us some interesting things however. Sylvanas gave him the new body because she wanted him to stay around (Because she has the Windrunner family Kink for human boy-toys). From this, we can ascertain that Forsaken are in fact mortal to an extent. They will, in their natural state, wither and die, or descend into madness and have to be put down (Not sure how giving him a new body stops this). So we do kind of get the idea that Forsaken have a 'Life expectancy' .

If I was a gambling man, which I am not, I would put money on him being the Horde 'Loss' as a character this expansion. Alliance kills him, Sylvanas is driven mad with grief, and is deposed. Its a big figure, its a blow to Sylvanas, and the Horde (Despite the fact most people hate his guts). He's been thrust into prominence too much, they're giving him screentime for a reason. I reckon he is going to be the big Alliance 'Kill' this time round.
We won't lose Sylvanas, more's the pity. She and Jaina are both well past their 'sell by' date, She won't be Warchief by the end of BfA, but they won't kill her. She'll be deposed, probably from within the Horde. You've got three credible successors, Saurfang, Baine or Lor'themar, all three of which have their attendant problems, Saurfang is seen as an Alliance puppet, Baine is seen as too peaceable, and the "Me Horde Me smash" types would hate Lor'themar, plus he doesn't want the job.

We need some fleshing out of characters, specifically Rok'han, Mayla, and I'd say Lasan Skyhorn as well. More screen time for Lor'themar and Baine.

The situation is not as bleak as it first looks. There are plenty of good Horde characters, Blizz just needs to give a bit of focus to them.
i Agree, the Horde needs new blod.

A few Orcs (Young Orcs)
A few Undeads (Normal undeads)
A few Troll (Darkspear)
A few Tauren !!

bloodelves have enough..goblins have enough Charakters, must only be Delevoped!
14/11/2018 17:58Posted by Sylvianna
Khadgar isn't neutral enough to safely walk in a Horde outpost and feeling safe about being there around Orcs, apparently. So...as I was saying I'm not really considering this kind of neutrality something that actively damages the Alliance, or the "former" position and history of those characters in the Alliance.

True neutral characters are people like Tirion or Illidan for example.

That tells more about the orcs than about Khadgar.
14/11/2018 20:58Posted by Brigante
Lor'themar is just a snark beast. They wheel him out now and then to be sarcastic to Jaina, or Alleria. He deserves more screen time.

Alleria was the one that challenged Lor'themar Rudely because he shut down her offer, to make it clear he had no intention to even consider it.
He was not sarcastic but basically just put her off her high house.

EDIT: Also he works best because he is not over-exposed.
The four 'original' Horde races really need some new blood or development of lesser-known characters. There's quite a few Orcs and Forsaken who are currently secondary characters but could become primary with some development.

For the Alliance I'd say there needs to be some setup for a bit of internal conflict (Not on a civil war scale, just some drama to give their story some life).
The economic problems Humans were facing in Cata for example, but on a much larger scale since the problem has been ignored for so long. Something to put Anduin's idealism to the test.
Night Elves trying to rebuild, a bit of tension between the three hammers as Moira makes moves to ensure her son is the sole heir to Ironforge.
Draenei trying to find a purpose now that the Legion is defeated.
Worgen reclaiming Gilneas etc...

All current plots are exhausted besides a few major ones. The only major plots left once BfA is done seem to be the Light, Dark and the (New) Lich King. There needs to be some space for plain-old adventuring every now and again so that new plots, both major and minor, can be set up.

14/11/2018 20:28Posted by Tánariá
14/11/2018 20:24Posted by Aeula

That's a really good idea actually.

The only problem is though, that the content drought between patches or the expansion after would risk being huge.

Blizzard has never and will probably never dedicate all the zones in their game from every continent or world to be end-game content with end-game raids, world quests, dailies etc.

Well, my idea for every zone in the game being relevant would be to put some form of dynamic, radiant content there like with Incursions and Legion invasions.

But that'd probably be too much for Blizzard to handle, what with their best devs being busy working on mobile projects.

Either way, gameplay and story demand an old world revamp at some point in the future. It'd be nice if that revamp was used as an excuse to give the narrative some room to breathe and unwind before ramping up again.
This thread needs some help.

BWONSAMDIIII!!!!
14/11/2018 22:51Posted by Halasibel
BWONSAMDIIII!!!!

WE HAD A DEAAAAAAAL!
14/11/2018 22:52Posted by Araphant
14/11/2018 22:51Posted by Halasibel
BWONSAMDIIII!!!!

WE HAD A DEAAAAAAAL!

That one got a nasty habit of keepin’ what she kills.

EDIT - This made me realise that the majority of my posts are digs at Sylvanas and I’m not even ashamed
You've got three credible successors, Saurfang, Baine or Lor'themar, all three of which have their attendant problems, Saurfang is seen as an Alliance puppet, Baine is seen as too peaceable, and the "Me Horde Me smash" types would hate Lor'themar, plus he doesn't want the job..
Am I crazy for adding Talanji to the list? She's got all the screen time in the world and is kind of a bad !@#.
I kinda want the next warchief to be an Orc, idk why. Just I want things to be back to normal with the Horde.

Traditionalist I guess
The orcs have no real faction leader, though. I'd go for one of those first, then that guy/gal can be established as a leader in that role first.
14/11/2018 23:38Posted by Izzifix
The orcs have no real faction leader, though. I'd go for one of those first, then that guy/gal can be established as a leader in that role first.

Saurfang

Eitrigg

Rexxar (although mok’nathal)