Affliction v. Fury

General
So, I'm going to do a 110 boost with either a Affliction Warlock or a Fury Warrior. What should I pick? My main is a Sub Rogue (don't tell me not not to cuz it's happening). Thanks
You have given no info into what you want to do or why, impossible to answer really.
That is a very difficult question to answer. You will get many different opinions and you will not get any closer to the answer you are looking for. The only thing you really do, is to try both of them as a class trial and see what you end up enjoying the most. Fun is subjective. We all have different things that we consider to be fun. So you will get mixed answers. It will not help you. Make those class trials now and see what you end up liking the most.
Pretty big difference there.

If you are a dyed-in-the-wool Melee player, you will find being a caster of any kind rather bland.

If you have never been a caster, you don't know whether you will like it or not. You could turn out to be a natural caster.

We don't know. You don't know.

USE THE 110 TRIAL. Use it to its full extent, not just through the trivial scenario and 10 minutes. Grind stuff. Whatever. Do whatever you intend to do in the game. Classes aren't much different at 120, so you will get a pretty good feel. Also, watch YouTube vids and streams of people playing these specs.

Also, it gives you a chance to play with different races - that can be a thing, if you're more comfortable with one than another.
PvP or PvE? Affly is boring in PvE but you are going to deal high dps, i find fury is also a bit boring yet very easy to play both PvE/PvP , both are viable in 3v3 if you plan to do arenas although arms is usually better in terms of instanced PvP thanks to Mortal Strike.
Affliction is very boring. I personally would say Fury warrior as they are good in both PvE and PvP right now.
09/10/2018 12:37Posted by Monken
So, I'm going to do a 110 boost with either a Affliction Warlock or a Fury Warrior. What should I pick? My main is a Sub Rogue (don't tell me not not to cuz it's happening). Thanks
Fury is very weak in my opinion, in PVE that is. My understanding is fury =PvP. Arms = PVE and prot = PVE.

Not tried lock.

Arms are great damage machines though. Fury is more fun and feels amazing, just a shame about the dmg output.
Decisions like this should be largely based on your personal experience of what you've played... current opinion should only account for a small casting vote.

Asking others will mostly result in subjective opinion.

My recommendation would be to play a small amount of content with the characters concerned to see what you personally think of the tools they have, going forward... if either/any has/have a flat out "this isn't good" feeling, you have your answer.

EDIT:
Are you looking to boost existing characters or new ones...?
Pick class with who you enjoy to play with two specs. If one of them got hard nerfs or smth, you can switch to other spec:)
Fury is the most fun iteration of the spec it has ever been, sadly it falls behind after arms.
I have lots of fun as a fury warrior, just dishing out damage constantly, and self-healing after every kill is very neat, gives you the option to round up a handful of enemies and beat them into the ground while giving them zero chance to finish you off! /cackle
09/10/2018 13:20Posted by Dappysham
09/10/2018 12:37Posted by Monken
Fury is very weak in my opinion, in PVE that is. My understanding is fury =PvP. Arms = PVE and prot = PVE.

Not tried lock.

Arms are great damage machines though. Fury is more fun and feels amazing, just a shame about the dmg output.
learn the game please....

Prot pve wtf are you smoking?????

Arms and fury are fine in pvp and pve. Fury is catching up to arms all the time it scales better arms is just good in raids due to the way the cds work with the bosses the line up perfectly.
10/10/2018 02:27Posted by Hosomaki
Prot pve wtf are you smoking?????

This comment alone got my like!! xD.

Prot Warriors are dead in PvE at the moment, avoided by a LOT of players due to being barely any mitigation/survivability. Guardian druids are not far behind them either. But yeah, Prot warriors are only useful when you overgear the content.

I dread every run that involves a prot warrior.
in mythics you'd either suffer from being melee in addon where melee unwanted or bash TAB to death applying agony