Can someone please explain for me

General
Ok so i played on Silvermoon for about 1,5 year before i decided it's to overpopulated for my taste and that i should start looking for a new "normal" home. So i found Sylvanas where according to realmpop has around 287K characters (Alliance 247k and Horde 40k) That is almost half the amount from Silvermoon. But still there are people lvling everywhere etc. How is it possible?

Dont get me wrong, i like that the game still is alive but i dont understand how there can be so much players everwhere you go, all the time on every realm? Even tried to create a character on a "new players" server and it feels kinda same there.

Have i missed something? :P
Connected realms.
10/10/2018 06:20Posted by Dazzloc
Connected realms.

Its from the cross realm technology that puts people from every realm into a zone based on population logics. (Connected realms are basically merged together, its not the same).
10/10/2018 06:31Posted by Walthon
10/10/2018 06:20Posted by Dazzloc
Connected realms.

Its from the cross realm technology that puts people from every realm into a zone based on population logics. (Connected realms are basically merged together, its not the same).

So there is no longer any reason to play on a low pop server you mean?
10/10/2018 06:48Posted by Wunyo
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So there is no longer any reason to play on a low pop server you mean?

No, it means that because of the cross realm tech and the connected realm clusters the population of a realm doesn't really matter anymore.

The only thing thats affected by the population of a realm (or a connected realm cluster) is the economy (auction house) and the max level multiplayer scene, mostly the amount of guilds (because they are only connected throughout the connected realms but not cross realm).
why would you want to move away?
Come on guys you confuse things. Connected Realms are realms that are permanently connected and act as one realm, Sylvanas isn't connected to any other realm.

The reason you see people leveling is sharding. It is a load balancer, for each zone it spreads people from all realms as evenly as it can across multiple instances of the zone.
i have an alliance character on Stormscale - i am alone.