Disc healing on grievous week

Priest
Ok, so I'm really at a loss atm. I've been trying to heal +9/+10 keys for the last two days and it's been going terribly. Only two were in time, and we gave up on two completely. I'm 372 ilvl which should easily be enough to heal +10 but I simply lack the throughput to do it.

I spent hours trying to figure out what to do differently, how to minimize the impact of grievous but whatever I do is not enough. After a group I was in wiped twice on the first bos of +10 freehold and I couldn't figure out what I could have possibly done differently, I went to warcraft logs to see replays of other disc priests healing grievous. Turns out they don't:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/20#search=date.1539727200000.1539880732540%7C7.1.-1

Those are the top results for disc priests in the last two days. As you can see, all but three of them are from before the affix change. Only five recorded runs of a disc priest healing grievous on a 10+ run and all of them are just shadowmend spamming which isn't exactly next level tactics, just itemlevel and their teammates being good at dodging damage.

Is disc just supposed to not do mythics on grievous weeks? I feel bad even queueing for them because I feel like im sabotaging the group I join. Atonement healing has nowhere near enough throughput to outheal grievous and top someone off and shadowmend spam is only viable for fairly short fights where not too many people are taking damage at once.

Again I feel like Blizzard hasn't even tested this expansion. Is your experience different? How are other disc priests handling grievous?
I just went Holy..and relax for 1 week. Disc can't be good at everything, it's only fair
Grievous is a trash affix that needs to be changed or removed. It's unfun, annoying and boring.

I just did my one and only +10 for the week - a Siege of Boralus PUG which missed the timer by about 1 minute.

The key this week is keeping ahead of damage - I think ToF and SCov look appealing but aren't particularly great in reality as SCov has the absorb and ideally you should be stopping people getting low for ToF to proc.

I ran with my normal Schism, Solace, Sins and it worked reasonably well.

Shield everyone before each pull, use Rapture and Barrier relentlessly, DPS aggressively right from the get go - I only SWP once, no time to put it on everything before the tank gets chunked.

Shadow Mend spamming is inevitable, and part of why this week is so disgusting to play is that spamming an inefficient heal is completely against Disc gameplay style and it feels just awful

But there were many packs where people just get chunked for half their HP and atonement just cannot do the job to get them back up so you have to spam.

You also need to straight up DEMAND the group eat food after pulls. It is beyond infuriating to see dps just standing around like idiots with stacks of grievous while you've spend your entire mana bar on one trash pull.

Get a 10 done then sit it out friend. You need good dps and good tank to make this not an absolute nightmare. If they're standing in !@#$ and taking avoidable damage then you're in for a bad time and this goes for every healer, not just Disc.
Disc so bad this week it's only slightly ahead of holy :o
have had 2 mythic 10 keystones this week, one atal dazar that got depleted and where a total disaster, even with me spiking 30k hps on some pulls, if people take any sort of additional damage it is just game over for disc this week.
Also had 1 Motherload that was actually done in time, but to keep up it required being brutal with pre shielding tank, getting out 3+4 dots, start up the burst healing rotation just to kill the mobs even if people werent taking dmg, painsubs on the tank at pull, to get off those 4 gcd's before true healing could start, even with all this, there was still some miracle saves with rapture shields going off on the dps at 0-1% hp. Even had times where the tank just had to pull the next pack when i was at 15% mana since disc healing is only effecient with mobs alive to dps.
Whent trough 25 mana drinks that 1 dungeon alone, sniping in 10-15k mana whenever possible. This have by far been the most stressfull week off healing i have ever done. The debuff starting at 90% hp simply is to early considering how the dungeons are tuned.
Also shadowmend did 28% of my healing, but that was mostly to top off people when there was only 1 mob alive
Make people eat out of combat or forget about it.

Discs only way to reliably remove grievious is in combat. The party has to help.

As to the freehold boss, smite harder. You can keep atonement on the whole group for a whole bossfight with PW:R, your damage alone should heal through mechanics with a bit of extra love on the tank.
19/10/2018 12:55Posted by Monksina
have had 2 mythic 10 keystones this week, one atal dazar that got depleted and where a total disaster, even with me spiking 30k hps on some pulls, if people take any sort of additional damage it is just game over for disc this week.
Also had 1 Motherload that was actually done in time, but to keep up it required being brutal with pre shielding tank, getting out 3+4 dots, start up the burst healing rotation just to kill the mobs even if people werent taking dmg, painsubs on the tank at pull, to get off those 4 gcd's before true healing could start, even with all this, there was still some miracle saves with rapture shields going off on the dps at 0-1% hp. Even had times where the tank just had to pull the next pack when i was at 15% mana since disc healing is only effecient with mobs alive to dps.
Whent trough 25 mana drinks that 1 dungeon alone, sniping in 10-15k mana whenever possible. This have by far been the most stressfull week off healing i have ever done. The debuff starting at 90% hp simply is to early considering how the dungeons are tuned.
Also shadowmend did 28% of my healing, but that was mostly to top off people when there was only 1 mob alive

After the incoming nerf of 15% of our healing doing damage (due from damage nerf and atonement nerf) we could spend the weeks with grievous leveling alters of fishing xDD