is this a MMO or a Singleplayer game?

General
I've played on and off since the vanilla days. I've had fun in this game and it actully felt like a legit world since there was people to be found everywhere not to mention in certain places close to big cities. But...

Since WotLK i've got the feeling like the game is being played like a singleplayer game... Daza'Alor is pretty much empty... there is no general chat spam... I never seem to see the same people more then once... If I want to see loads of people there is only one thing to do, stand outside AH in Orgirmmar...noone talks to random people anymore...

the need to communicate is only needed when you search for people for raids/mythic+ (if its even needed in that case) and people are becoming anti-social it seems. The fact that blizzards servers cant handle more than 10 people in one zone is also killing the MMO vibe... I allways feel like the zones i enter are empty... like im playing an empty server... I played on a low populated server back in the day (khadgar) and i saw alot more people then I do now. I just feel like the World in World of Warcraft is gone... a world need people in it... people that communicate!

I know guilds bring social encounters, but that is in a raid/dungeon or just in a gchat... I want the world to feel alive... not just a chatlogg.

Question: Do you feel the same? If so, what can blizzard do to try to revive the old MMO feeling that is drifting away.
Hello,

Welcome to the forums.

This is an MMO, read more about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game

Best wishes,
Thousandaire
Everyone uses each other for their single player experience.
Yeah this game is not an MMO anymore. It really feels like a singleplayer game.
It is an interactive lobby for various types of mini games.
I find a lot of chat in general in the open world. For example, the other day I was doing WQs in stormsong and someone asked a question in general chat and that somehow led to people singing what is love and being silly. Happens a lot.

I see people out in the world both in new and old zones for both factions too. The world feels far from empty to me. It's sad you feel that it is though.

Of course goldshire and stormwind gates are fairly busy at the moment with Hallows end event too.
Why don't you be the change yourself? You can talk to other people you know.
19/10/2018 15:22Posted by Gorgum

Daza'Alor is pretty much empty... there is no general chat spam... I never seem to see the same people more then once... If I want to see loads of people there is only one thing to do, stand outside AH in Orgirmmar...noone talks to random people anymore...

Are you sure you're on Draenor? Because I'm also playing on Draenor and Dazar'Alor is full of people both when I have warmode on and off. Actually, even Dalaran is still alive.

General chat is also flowing even at late hours. If you want full on spam and other things, try general chat inside Uldir, if you type /1 you can join in too. Its not for everyone though, you've been warned.
DraenorDazar'alor is full of ppl with warmode on. Strange..
The only MMO part for me is when I join RBG or Dungeon/raid. The world seems empty somehow with runing players( NPCs ) around.
It's both. You can choose, for better or worse.
19/10/2018 15:30Posted by Helvetet
Why don't you be the change yourself? You can talk to other people you know.

I am mate :)
19/10/2018 15:32Posted by Tèsla

Standing at the docks atm, there is like 10 ppl here at the most
19/10/2018 15:38Posted by Gorgum

Probably is why i play in the evening.
19/10/2018 15:30Posted by Savoren
19/10/2018 15:22Posted by Gorgum

Daza'Alor is pretty much empty... there is no general chat spam... I never seem to see the same people more then once... If I want to see loads of people there is only one thing to do, stand outside AH in Orgirmmar...noone talks to random people anymore...

Are you sure you're on Draenor? Because I'm also playing on Draenor and Dazar'Alor is full of people both when I have warmode on and off. Actually, even Dalaran is still alive.

General chat is also flowing even at late hours. If you want full on spam and other things, try general chat inside Uldir, if you type /1 you can join in too. Its not for everyone though, you've been warned.

Strange, My chat is pretty much dead most of the time compared to how it was from vanilla-WotLK. Comparing my experience from Khadgar (low pop) to Dreanor (full), its night and day difference. Might just be me being nostalgic... but wow does not feel as vibrant as before when it comes to community and how people interact in the world.
19/10/2018 15:39Posted by Tèsla

Probably is why i play in the evening.

So I have to play in the evening for the World of Warcraft to feel like a actual populated game on server marked as full? Doesn't make sence to me and kind of proves my point imo
Yes.
Ok. Unless its some RP server then I suppose communication is a bit more important lol.

But I dont play on rp servers and I simply dont get this: "EVERYONE NEEDS TO SPEAK NOOAW!" idiology? I can enter a crowded supermarket, get what I want and leave. If I start saying hellos to every person I meet there...I would probably be asked to consult a therapist lol.

So why are the some peps who are so hellbent to force people to speak to every person they see on the street lol?

edit: Typos

You see other people at the docks, at the ship containing a mission table that gives nothing really useful?

That is a lot of people for that spot, I'm surprised when I see one other player there.
19/10/2018 15:47Posted by Revash
Ok. Unless its some RP server then I suppose communication is a bit more important lol.

But I dont play on rp servers and I simply dont get this: "EVERYONE NEEDS TO SPEAK NOOAW!" idiology? I can enter a crowded supermarket, get what I want and leave. If I start saying hellos to every person I meet there...I would probably be asked to consult a therapist lol.

So why are the some peps who are so hellbent to force people to speak to every person they see on the street lol?

edit: Typos

I get what ur saying. I wanted to point out that back in the day people seem to be more social and tryed to talk to eachother. Nowdays I can talk in /p or /s and never get an answer. The fact that people stood around and talked to eachother is what made the game vibrant and feel alive in some aspects.

as to ur anology about talking to everyone in a supermarket... really? Its not even comparable... you know how social norms work in real life... would you sign up for work with random people to get ur weekly/monthly paycheck? see how it kind of doesn't work since you dont talk to randoms all over in real life... but you talk to random and interact with randoms to a much higher extent in WoW.