BfA is dead, please dont screw up next expansion.

General
I don't honestly think BfA is that bad as people here and on reddit state so but compared to Legion it has so few it hurts. I will make a comparison here and numbers will make it so obvious. In order to be fair i will compare Legion first tier to BfA first tier.

Legion gave us a new class ( Demon Hunter ) and a complete new specc ( Survival Hunter ). BfA has none.

In Legion 36 speccs received 36 artifact weapons with 50ish traits almost like a whole talent tree, 36 tier sets with 2 unique set bonusses each, over 100 legendary items. BfA brought 1 ( one ) artifact neck to fit all 36 specs and Azerite traits most of them not unique to class and all passive abilities with no visuals.

In legion we had 5 new zones with 5 campaigns; Suramar campaign was at least as long as the war campaign we have now if not longer. We had 12 class campaigns. 36 artifact weapon acquiring quests. In BFA we have 3 zones and a war campaign and 1 quest to go talk to Muradin to get our neck.

In legion we got 12 tier sets 1 for each class. In BfA we get 1 for armor type meaning 4.

Legion brought us mythic plus difficulty dungeons and world quests/emissaries as new content. BfA has warfronts and Island Expeditions.

In terms of mythic dungeons and mythic plus we got more or less same amount of content.

Legion had no new playable races, BFA has 6 so far with their unique heritage armors.

Even if we ignore the quality difference in content simply because tastes are subjective, numbers clearly state we got 12 times less content on release compared to latest expansion. In terms of new content BfA is imho not that better than Argus patch which introduced as much story as this war campaign and new content as whole expac ( we got the alien space ship and artifact weapon improvememt thingy inside with a rng gear vendor, legion invasion portala etc. )

Not getting any new abilities and glyphs, no new talents in 10 levels and more over loosing the ones we already had is a big cherry on top of this whole cake.

I think BfA is a lost cause already. No matter how hard you try Azerite system cant replace artifact weapons legendaries and tier sets all at once. Please start working on next expansion as soon as possible amd give us a new Legion. Faction imbalance has already killed faction identity so you should focus on class identity like Legion. Also you should have noticed by now as long as gameplay is fun we dont care much about repeating same content. ( check out billions of MoS runs in legion ). So please give us specc special artifacts and unique traits. And ffs tier sets have been most wanted items of wow since dawn of time why remove them? Make them drop from mythic + as well if you must.

Next time please do not fix what is not broken.

Ps. Not unsubbing or anything yet i still have gold to buy tokens for a while.
It's a filler expansion, just like WoD.
It's just a filler expansion that sold on faction meme hype alone, enjoy the next two years of worse than WoD content.
It’s not dead. I never get these threads, I see massive amount of people in open world, LFG always full.

It’s far from dead.
At least give them time to make things better? This is the spirit these days, a game or movie or whatever is sh**, just try again....reboot the series etc etc....not saying the game doesn't have issues, but I also think, people aren't patient, they want stuff in a very short time....BiS items....gearing up needs to happen yesterday....maybe their intention was to not make things go super fast....for me, they can just try and rework the Azerite armor concept.

For me it's too RnG, so far, upgrades I got, came with shi*ty new traits....not even mentioning the change spec aspect....I think for every new piece of Azerite armor, you should be able to get a fixed new trait per spec....so let's say, I already have traits set for elemental, and I want to change to restoration, I should be able to change/set my restoration trait. Treat them as tier sets, where bonus's changed according to the spec.

And then the neckpiece, besides the lazy way of obtaining it, I expected a quest chain tbh....nothing of the sorts....and I also expected to be able to chose traits on the Heart of Azeroth. It doesn't feel special....why not add stuff, just like we have on our artifact weapons....for me personally, after having played Legion, these few Azerite armor bonus's just don't do it for me....class specs feel empty....why not make the HoA feel powerful, instead of something so dull?

People should be able to state their opinion, but requesting for a new game already after only 2 months? I think players have become very spoiled, and very impatient. Now if the game turns out to be thrash 4-6 months from now, I'd take the decision to stop, but not yet.
22/10/2018 09:06Posted by Vanimelde
In Legion 36 speccs received 36 artifact weapons with 50ish traits almost like a whole talent tree, 36 tier sets with 2 unique set bonusses each, over 100 legendary items. BfA brought 1 ( one ) artifact neck to fit all 36 specs and Azerite traits most of them not unique to class and all passive abilities with no visuals
Azerite armour>Artifact weapons.
You actually nailed it in this post.

Of all the problems with RNG and Looting in this game, I could easily, EASILY forgive if the actual combat of the game didn't feel so .. weak?

I feel like I have leveled to 120 and become less powerful.

Obviously, number wise, I do more dmg than in Legion.. but all my characters just feel less powerful on the whole.

We have lost our legendaries, something which provided unique, fun and powerful traits that we could play around with and farm for.

We lost our Artifact (and many classes the artifact ability) but mostly, a WHOLE BUNCH of little traits that added cool things to each spell. Some of them were very strong.

So in RELATIVE terms, our characters are stronger, but compared to their environment at the time, they are weaker.

Add to that the GCD changes which make combat feel like you are having a stroke whilst playing.. and overall it just doesn't FEEL good. :(

Not when we had legion anyway. If we had arrived here from WoD, I would be over the moon with the expansion, but to have tasted what our classes COULD be like in legion, only to lose it all and become weak, is very tragic :(
It sure is taking a long time to die, I'm off to play Aeon, oh wait...
@Keébz agreed, they could have added the trait chain on the Heart of Azeroth, but didn't do that. HoA feels boring and unpowerful.

Maybe its power needs to grow, and these traits will be added at one point? Like waking up its true power? That would make sense to me. Right now, it's just a boring thing to have, with the most boring quest to obtain it. How long they thought about that? :P
Also you should have noticed by now as long as gameplay is fun we dont care much about repeating same content. ( check out billions of MoS runs in legion ).

This is the key point here. No, they haven't noticed it.
22/10/2018 09:23Posted by Keele
In Legion 36 speccs received 36 artifact weapons with 50ish traits almost like a whole talent tree, 36 tier sets with 2 unique set bonusses each, over 100 legendary items. BfA brought 1 ( one ) artifact neck to fit all 36 specs and Azerite traits most of them not unique to class and all passive abilities with no visuals
Azerite armour>Artifact weapons.

Not in a million years.
At least artifact weapons had active talents and a ton of skins to unlock, and was tied to a whole lot of quests.
Azerite armor has passive talents, and...that's it.
8.1 is actually going to be awesome.
22/10/2018 09:22Posted by Kudir
if the game turns out to be thrash 4-6 months from now, I'd take the decision to stop, but not yet.

good one
so you bought a new car...engine does not start, doors fall off, tires are flat. it stays in garage, you sitting inside for a half year, imagining you are driving it and hoping it will fix by itself
thx for giggles
22/10/2018 10:53Posted by Savola
good one
so you bought a new car...engine does not start, doors fall off, tires are flat. it stays in garage, you sitting inside for a half year, imagining you are driving it and hoping it will fix by itself
thx for giggles
Nope, BFA is a 100% functional game, regardless of how much you dislike playing it.
22/10/2018 10:53Posted by Savola
22/10/2018 09:22Posted by Kudir
if the game turns out to be thrash 4-6 months from now, I'd take the decision to stop, but not yet.

good one
thx for giggles

That is called exaggeration :-). Are there that many drama queens in this community? It's like their lives depend on it :-D.

Plus, bad comparison.
They are gonna remove titanforging next expansion (or cap it at +10ilvl). You heard it here first.
Good post Op. In my eyes BFA was rushed and and not at a level of completeness that is acceptable. My 2c.
My 2c is when the next expansion hits, a lot of people will be doing the "This expansion is terrible, go back to BFA things!". Same happened for Legion, WoD, MoP and others xD.
It yould be much better before the release of the next playable allied races Blizzard check the forums up.. I still think that the best of this expansion are the Allied races ..

I miss the Artefact Weapons . Azerite System feels a little bit empty .. Just let the neck and remove the other 3 pieces .. Bring back the Tier sets with nice bonuses :)

The content in BfA it’s interesting. We have 6 new zones not only 3.
I don’t like the whole disaster with Sylvanas. In Legion we lost so many Heroes .. the worst was with Ysera ... after the boring quest line with Tyrande and Malfurion that’s was a big shock ..
BfA it’s not so bad . People change .
People have no patience at all. The story is continuing in 8.1 with new content and I am looking forward to it.