Im out for now

General
24/10/2018 15:34Posted by Tèsla
To Darthtoon and Redoctober

Way too dramatic man. :) I actually think Ion is an intelligent game designer, insightful at times, but he seems to either have gone complacent or there is something that we are missing. Wouldn't really treat him like the enemy tbh, just someone that made a product I (or we, in case it applies to more people) do not enjoy.

24/10/2018 15:49Posted by Hairira
To me it would be a WotLK class system and feel, paired with late MoP gearing to, to some extend, weed out the use of legendaries and PvE trinkets in PvP.

I haven't enjoyed the feel of my priest as disc as much as i did in WotLK and to a lesser extend Cata and the same can be said for my mage. MoP had the same problem with glyphs as i currently have with PvP talents in that some of them feel they would give much more rewarding gameplay baseline than as a limited option (the old SW:Death glyph and current Premonition).
I've also never been a fan of the talent system they came up with in MoP and it felt like this system was heavily carried by the amout of baseline abilities still in the game back then. Once they pruned a lot of those going into WoD it really seemed to highlight just how limiting the current system is. It only got worse the more they wanted to separate the specs in terms of abilities with Legion.

There is truth in what you are saying. The thing is, I would like to play TBC again. I had so much fun playing priest back then, but somehow I think it is way too old and would conflict too much with the expectations of a large portion of the current WoW player base. Same for WotLK. MoP is however closer in time, and from what I recall, the classes were at the end of the day damn fun to play. But yes, you raised good points with the mandatory glyphs and the overly simplified talent system in MoP.

24/10/2018 15:53Posted by Gráinne
Sorry to see you go. Your posts have always been intelligent and civil.

But you're not going yet, as a poster.

Not yet. :) I genuinely find the forum fun, I like the people who agree as well as the people who disagree, with the exception of those that wouldn't go through the trouble to raise an argument for their position, even a bad one. It's fun, because at the end of the day it's a passionate little community, our forum group.

24/10/2018 16:49Posted by Punyelf
They really seem to have dropped the ball this expansion.

It does seem that way sadly. :(

24/10/2018 16:05Posted by Wwhelp
rip, I liked having a consistent poster who I could agree with regarding p much errything to the tee.

I also enjoy your posts, the ones I do get to read at least. Stay cool, fellow pvper.

24/10/2018 19:40Posted by Canabal
No worries, they just don't get us :)

Story of my life. :))

24/10/2018 17:37Posted by Clearfastplz
than play BFA for me it's classes being mindnumbingly booring, i found them to be very booring in legion aswell

24/10/2018 18:23Posted by Supahotfaya
Its sad that i cant enjoy the very cool raids or dungeons or pvp .. Blizzard created a great content pve and pvp but for me i cant enjoy it or even try it because my classes are too boring ..

Yeah, I feel exactly the same way as you guys. :(

24/10/2018 19:07Posted by Eldereth
its not that much the pruning but the new design is not fun... adding just more skills does not guaranteed will make the class more fun!

Good point, problem is the dull classes seemed to come hand in hand with the pruning. I do agree that technically just adding skills without thought doesn't make it better, but I do believe the pruning of abilities and the pruning of fun in WoW are somewhat linked.

24/10/2018 19:40Posted by Nimbledigits
You're one of my favourite posters! It's sad to see people leave :(

I don't agree that MoP class design was good though. Every class had stuns, silences, roots, etc. It was a mess. Fun maybe, but a mess.

Good points, and I do agree with you that the amount of instant CC in MoP was over the top. If only they would have pruned some of that and stopped there, not prune rotational abilities, situational stuff, buffs... one can only wish. :)

24/10/2018 20:57Posted by Sethroguen
Sorry to see you go, hope you come back when or if things pick up but until then. Have a happy, healthy life dude. All the best <3

Thanks my man, you too! <3

PS: you guys are awesome, you know that? I wasn't expecting to have so many people reply, and be this nice. Whoever says the community sucks... idk man, but it looks the other way around from my vantage point. The community seems to be the better part of WoW, not the worst.
24/10/2018 09:20Posted by Redoctober
- class design - ever since Legion pruning, I can't enjoy any class. It feels like the depth was put into fight mechanics and taken out from the classes, and I don't like that. I prefer classes like MoP. Classes are just not fun since the pruning, they are all shallow and dull.

Redoctober: Agree that class pruning went way to far. It feels like there are so many missing spells since the WoD prunathon that my classes don't feel like they flow, they feel clumsy and a bit lame.
24/10/2018 09:20Posted by Redoctober
- Azerite - feels like a moving goal posts thing. Got a better piece? Grind more AP. Traits should have been talents, not force me to keep 20 azerite pieces in my bags for different setups. Also, they are not engaging at all: you either have the good one or you are screwed, not fun.

Yup. Not really liking this system. I appreciate that Blizzard tried something new but it just feels like you're either lucky with the piece or not.

Hope you enjoy your time away. A break can work wonders whilst you decide whether or not to come back.

24/10/2018 11:25Posted by Sylvin
Honestly, if this game went back to MoP in terms of class fantasy and gearing (with a few ideas and scraps from later expansions to streamline it) I would be happy as anything.

I'm sure it's rose tinted goggles on my part, but MoP represents the time I had the most fun in WoW purely for the gameplay rather than the social aspect. The pvp was fun and rewarding, the raids were of a good difficulty with interesting fights and mechanics. Professions weren't useless, in fact I made more gold in MoP than I did off the garrison in the whole of WoD. Sure the patch progression was slow and wonky, but at least they were good sized drops of content with story progression to match.

Also I met most of my friends on wow during MoP, including Red. (thanks wow arena&bgs forum <3)

Agree with pretty much every word here :) There was never a dull moment, and it was nice to level alts to get a mix of each class experience. It felt that the balance was just right, and there was plenty for everyone.

Caro was such a nice, friendly girl. Now she looks like a malevolent ugly old hag. :(

Blizzard can be very defensive and dismissive about some things, and I doubt if they'll acknowledge the problems.

Grainne, I remember this post very well! We were lamenting how weird and unattractive the new (at the time) models looked in their forum avatars as my cute little green haired Gnomette changed overnight to an angry looking makeup addict.
Twíjfelkont!!!!!

SO great to see you here again <3
Great! About time! The sooner we can purge the other Void-Elf-Priests-wearing-tier 3-who-looks-like-me the better!

In all seriousness, I rather enjoy(ed) your posting. Not too salty, not too cheesy, and without too much wine.

Breaks are good though! I quit MoP for about a year just before Siege of Orgrimmar came out. I quit WoD after a few months and didn't come back before Hellfire Citadel was released. And I quit Legion after a month and didn't come back before The Broken Shore.
When you come back it always feels like there's so much to do, so much explore, and so much to catch up on. And that's often what's missing when you're keeping up with the cotnent and you try to find reason to log in on a daily basis.
So breaks are good!

Though I presume the WoW Classic Demo will get some focused attention for however long it's avaliable? Personally I'm going to no-life the hell out of that little demo experience :P
Yeah I have to agree with the OP here on most points. I just cancelled my subscription to take a much needed break.

-Classes feel watered down
-Azerite gear is extremely boring. We were promised that it was supposed to fill the void left from legendaries and tier sets, and it's not even close. I have 6 characters at max level and not once have I gotten truly excited about a piece of Azerite gear, like I got when a BiS legendary dropped for me in Legion, or I farmed out my 2 and 4 set items.
Most of the time I don't even notice the traits. On top of that you have the eternal grind to unlock traits when you get a new piece of gear. It feels awful to upgrade from a 340 piece to an identical 370 item because I have to unlock the exact same traits all over again.
-Tanking M+ in Legion was fun. I felt really powerful and I could actually tank things. BfA tanking is more like gain threat for 5 seconds, then run away to not die from insanely overtuned trash mobs.

Even with the changes coming for 8.1 I don't think it looks good enough. Yes they are fixing some of the more glaring issues, but the core game systems are still there and I don't like them.
After the pug I just had, I am considering stopping my sub (6months left because of dreadwake).

I've only recently got the confidence to pug with more than 1 person, after my last guild and the way I was spoken to I really lost all my confidence in game.

So I decide to form a group.

+3 Shrine of the storms, noone interrupts, ninja pulls everywhere= dead people

I'm the healer, I get the blame. Really not nice words were spoken to me.
I asked them to stop and for us to carry on.
I get told to kill myself when it's clear we will fail the instance.
As a person already depressed, it just made me think... why?

I would report it, but it's a drop in the ocean.
Like almost 1/3 of my groups ends up like this, either if it's directed towards me or someone else.

Not only is the game not so engaging anymore, the community just makes me not want to run any content unless it's with people I know. Before sharding, cross realm and all that stuff, the servers I was on really had a good dynamic, people knew you by character name and you had a reputation. If you said anything like that in a pug, you would be blacklisted... and word travels fast.
I miss wow having a community. I miss knowing all the other guilds on the server, admiring the top geared people, the same faces in Tol Barad or Wintergrasp, people having "spots" in the city to hang out...
Way too dramatic man. :) I actually think Ion is an intelligent game designer, insightful at times, but he seems to either have gone complacent or there is something that we are missing. Wouldn't really treat him like the enemy tbh, just someone that made a product I (or we, in case it applies to more people) do not enjoy.

I honestly think that pruning is somehow tied to Activision-Blizzard shareholders having their way with some player data psychology BS on retention or spending habits (like say, player gets bored of class quicker, player rerolls, player buys boost because leveling is !@#$), which puts devs in a position to try and explain %^-*ty game mechanics through the tired old "sense of pride and accomplishment" talk because they're not allowed to say "rich people at the top want more money so ur getting this thing here".
Yeah the pruning has really ruined classes in general for me as well, I genuinely miss MoP classes, even though some classes did have a ton of abilities/spells, it was so much more interesting and fun. Maybe see you another time or in classic.
if you don't like it just stop playing - how hard can it be

I can't eat anymore popcorn

Grow up and move on
24/10/2018 10:01Posted by Tèsla
Mmm. Redoctober.. I agree on every point.
Im becomin to feel alone with you all regular posters unsubbing.

If even the regulars are giving up. It’s time to wonder where it’s headed.

You wanna look into the crystal ball? See the future?

Just hop on over to the Diablo3 forums, US,EU, doesn't matter lol, It's a graveyard...

Blizzards arrogance will be their downfall,

With only the,...hopelessly addicted left,

To witness the sad and bitter end...

To serve,..as a monument serves,

To all that was Great and Good,

So long ago.
Red. You know im italian. So a little drama is in our veins ;)

Canabal: Dominos Pizza isnt Pizza at all ;)
25/10/2018 03:20Posted by Misanthrope
if you don't like it just stop playing - how hard can it be

I am, no need to get worked up mate.

24/10/2018 22:05Posted by Jito
Not too salty, not too cheesy, and without too much wine.

So not French enough, in other words? ;)

24/10/2018 22:05Posted by Jito
Breaks are good though! I quit MoP for about a year just before Siege of Orgrimmar came out. I quit WoD after a few months and didn't come back before Hellfire Citadel was released. And I quit Legion after a month and didn't come back before The Broken Shore.
When you come back it always feels like there's so much to do, so much explore, and so much to catch up on. And that's often what's missing when you're keeping up with the cotnent and you try to find reason to log in on a daily basis.
So breaks are good!

This does have the ring of truth, but only partially for me. I used to look forward to play the game every day, even after more than a year into an expansion. Maybe I changed, but the game definitely did too...

24/10/2018 21:45Posted by Twíjfelkont
my cute little green haired Gnomette changed overnight to an angry looking makeup addict

You... I remember you... in the mountains... but you...

No, seriously, I haven't seen you in a long time Twíjfelkont! It's nice to see you again. :)

Your gnomette still looks cute as a bug. :D

25/10/2018 03:13Posted by Kattwilliams
Maybe see you another time or in classic.

Definitely giving it a spin. See you there! :)

25/10/2018 04:35Posted by Tsaritsin
To witness the sad and bitter end...

To serve,..as a monument serves,

To all that was Great and Good

I have to say this reminded me of Russian literary classics. :)

"Like a magistrate grown gray in office, calmly he contemplates the just and unjust, and with indifference he notes Evil and Good, and knows not wrath nor pity..."

25/10/2018 06:29Posted by Tèsla
Red. You know im italian. So a little drama is in our veins ;)

The first ever group of people I played with in WoW other than my RL friends were Italian as well. I always seemed to get along with Italians just fine, and little bit of drama never killed anyone. ;)

24/10/2018 22:58Posted by Sylvin

:(

Some people are simply jerks unfortunately.
24/10/2018 22:58Posted by Sylvin
After the pug I just had, I am considering stopping my sub (6months left because of dreadwake).

I've only recently got the confidence to pug with more than 1 person, after my last guild and the way I was spoken to I really lost all my confidence in game.

So I decide to form a group.

+3 Shrine of the storms, noone interrupts, ninja pulls everywhere= dead people

I would report it, but it's a drop in the ocean.
Like almost 1/3 of my groups ends up like this, either if it's directed towards me or someone else.

Not only is the game not so engaging anymore, the community just makes me not want to run any content unless it's with people I know. Before sharding, cross realm and all that stuff, the servers I was on really had a good dynamic, people knew you by character name and you had a reputation. If you said anything like that in a pug, you would be blacklisted... and word travels fast.
I miss wow having a community. I miss knowing all the other guilds on the server, admiring the top geared people, the same faces in Tol Barad or Wintergrasp, people having "spots" in the city to hang out...

Join a guild or try to find friends who play regularly and just do dungeons with them. I have a couple of people from rl I play with regularly and m+ is really fun with them, just constant bants I love it. You can do the same.
Nekra. Unfortunately not all the ppl have friends in wow (ive still just one but we have different game time).
Guilds are useful but unfortunately few of them are still alive. Mine is a good one. But they run during weekend and late time. The problem is the random join.

Yesterday i tried after 1 month a dungeon for Dark Iron unlock. Heroic. Not mythic.
The first try it was a mess with a mad tank running thru 4 packs of goblin (motherlode) screaming: "follow me!" 2 wipes in a row. With him insulting all the other members. I kicked him but after the group disbanded. The next try we found a good group and it was smooth.

Im sincerely tired of this. And isnt Blizz fault. Its weird. Back in time when i was an average instancer and raider i remember few toxic runs with ppl like the one above. Probably i have a bad memory (im becomin too old to play maybe) but it's true that 1\3 of groups (island included) failed for internal reason.
My issue is my friends (I don't have many) and my boyfriend (who was in the pug and didn't blink an eye at a guy calling me a useless piece of sh*t) just accept this behaviour as normal. Maybe I'm a special snowflake for seeing an issue with it, but if your own friends/boyfriend won't back you up I have little faith in people in a guild.

The thing is with the anonymity of group finder is the fact these people know they won't be punished so it means they can do it.
I'm making my groups, so I have a small amount of control (always advertise as "chill, no pressure") but really it's a gamble to see whether I get people who aren't complete jerks or not.

In pre-lfg I would just kick them and tell their guild master of their actions and/or report as necessary. Now I just have to sit there, be berated and either deplete my key by leaving on purpose or try and grit my teeth and ignore them. The first instance wastes everyone's time so I don't do it generally, but last night was one of those instances where I just couldn't deal with some guy's rage.

I will keep trying to find a nice guild and new friends, but I'm slowly losing hope.

Anyway I will stop ranting now. I am just at the end of my tether at the game I love.
Btw red, it seems you can install the classic demo now.

But yeah i unsubbed last week, think i have like 6 days left. I reckon i'll have a big break then reevaluate if its even worth me playing. These past few weeks i've just done a 15 minute mount run on a Wednesday then logged out.

If i'm not around posting, take care for when you do leave.
25/10/2018 10:39Posted by Eggs
Btw red, it seems you can install the classic demo now.

I saw it, can't wait now! :D
I'm honestly excited for classic!

If it really is like classic was, I am sure I will enjoy it way more than current retail.

Just wish we had more news on when it might be here :(
25/10/2018 11:03Posted by Sylvin
Just wish we had more news on when it might be here :(

We have a demo version at this Blizzcon that's about to start, I'm sure they will make some sort of Classic announcement, otherwise it would make no sense having the demo in the first place.
Your gnomette still looks cute as a bug. :D

Aw thanks!

25/10/2018 10:39Posted by Eggs
But yeah i unsubbed last week, think i have like 6 days left.

This is a shame, I really like your dry humour and gentle poking fun at various things!

25/10/2018 11:03Posted by Sylvin
I'm honestly excited for classic!

Looking forward to the Classic to see what it was like, as I only joined in Wrath myself. Getting ready for the grind!
/cracks knuckles