Blizzcon 2018 Yay! or Nay! ?

General
It feels bad man. I love Blizzard and I love the gaming universes, that they create. And above all - I adore Blizzcon. I used to be so hyped for every single one. This year I dont feel like that. It seems like there won't be any significant announcements on this Blizzcon. Nothing exciting and new.
Maybe I am a spoiled Blizz child.
But.
D2 remastered - eh? I guess.
D3 on Switch - literally nobody cares.
D3 new class - cool but it def wont save the game.
OW new hero - expected
OW story mode - see this sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to that.
HS new expansion - as always.
HotS new hero and map - as always.
SC new commanders?
Wow patch 8.2
Wow all races heritage armours?

Some excitement may come from the rumoured Blizz mobile game. Hopefully they will reveal that. They could also talk about the development of the Diablo universe or the (again rumoured) Netflix series.
Urgh..
Well either way I hope we get something interesting tonight. I know that alot of people go to Blizzcon not because of the announcements but because of the community and I envy them :D.
What are your predictions?
Are you excited?
Please share your thoughts.
02/11/2018 09:47Posted by Aradya

This will be my 3rd prediction in this week, I think. The hype train is influencing my thoughts, and I keep ramping up my predictions :D

So this is my final predictions until I make some new predictions in a few hours, most likely...

New Tol Barad themed expansion for Hearthstone.
New Hero and map for Heroes of the Storm; Original Nexus lore and background.
Diablo 2 Remaster for Diablo.
Diablo III Druid Hero for Diablo.
Warcraft III Remaster for Warcraft.
New DPS Talon Hero and Storymode for Overwatch; Omnic campaign.
New Protoss Mission Campaign and Selendris CO-OP Hero for StarCraft II.

Those are my predictions for now.

The rumor mill suggests that there's something coming for StarCraft II that's hype-worthy, which I didn't expect. But I'm all aboard that hype train! Datamining has also long revealed that Selendris exists in the files as a CO-OP Hero, so it's likely that that's something that will be revealed.

The Blizzcon map speculation does also suggest two things for Diablo, and I suspect it'll be a new hero for Diablo III because that'll mix well with it being released for the Nintendo Switch, and then the Diablo II Remaster because it's difficult to imagine any other Diablo project short of Diablo IV - and that's too soon.

The map speculation also suggests that Warcraft will have two things. We know the Classic WoW demo is the one thing, so what's the other? It's obviously not patch 8.2 or anything like that, because Blizzard haven't even finished patch 8.1 yet. So again, it has to be another project, and a Warcraft III Remaster would seem ideal.

Heroes of the Storm has kept things very hidden so far, so it's pure specualtion. But the game has pushed the whole Nexus storyline recently, with the War of the Thorns. So I think Blizzard will make a new Nexus map and also introduce a character that isn't from another Blizzard franchise, but one that is born within the Nexus. An original Heroes of the Storm character.
There's also some clues that imply a slight revamp to the game currencies and such, but that's minor I think.

Overwatch is going to get hero nr. 29. That's as certain as the sun rising in the east.
But the rumor mill is also hyping up the possibility about a Story Mode announcement. Overwatch has so much lore and story, yet outside of the cinematics and a couple of comics, it actually doesn't exist anywhere - except in Blizzard's offices. It's the one thing Overwatch desperately needs to be fleshed out in a similar manner as Blizzard's other franchises: A story campaign. The PvE of Overwatch.
All those developers on the Overwatch team aren't working full-time on a new hero every 3-4 months. They're working on something else as well, something bigger. And it has to be that Story mode. It has to be.

The guesswork in regards to Hearthstone seems to lean toward a Pirate expansion; Freehold or something like that. I'm personally still leaning toward a Tol Barad Prison themed expansion, because I think the expansion calender artwork looks similar to that of Tol Barad. But either way, it's definitely going to be an expansion reveal.

And of course there'll be cinematics and trailers for all of it.

I think it'll be pretty good. It's shaping up to be a great Blizzcon for people who are Blizzard fans in the broad sense of the word, because each franchise seems to have something on the menu. There's not that one game that overshadows everything. So personally, as one who plays all Blizzard's games, I am looking forward to it very much.

And then there's the eSport. Oh boy! For me it's all about StarCraft II. The possible final between Maru and Serral would be amazing, but I'm sure there'll be an upset along the way - there tends to be :P
Heroes of the Storm will also be super exciting. Gen.G represents everything that's feared about Koreans, but Team Liquid and Tempo Storm do look strong enough to cause an upset. And there's nothing like cheering for the underdogs!

Some excitement may come from the rumoured Blizz mobile game. Hopefully they will reveal that.

Well WoW is certainly headed that direction.
For me it feels like a 'nay'.

I don't really care about Blizzard's other games and WoW panels about a patch are nice and all, but with the state of BfA it's not so much 'hyping up where the expansion is going' but rather 'trying to save what's left of the expansion'.
All i want to hear from this Blizzcon is that Blizz working on new, complex, huge, innovative multiplayer project, not some another cash grab, mobile trash game.

Or D4 which is like Lost Ark, but better....

But lets be honest, it will be boring af, so 'nay'!
This is the first time since Grunty was released that I'll not be watching live. £30 and just a cloak and banner as an incentive is not enough for me. Perhaps when it's a WoW year again I'll pay for it.
Well I'm only excited for cinematics.
Otherwise it's basically: new cards, new heroes, new maps and ofcourse esport esport esport!
DIABLO MMO. MARK MY WORDS. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.
02/11/2018 10:46Posted by Solemnasar
Well I'm only excited for cinematics.

It's rumored that there'll be a McCree cinematic for Overwatch. And the Hearthstone expansion will surely have its reveal cinematic as well, and those tend to be rather fun.

Don't think we'll see any other cinematics though, mostly just presentation trailers.

If they do a Remaster of Diablo II or Warcraft III they might show the updated cinematics, similar to how StarCraft Remastered got its cutscenes and cinematics updated.
Who knows :P
D2 remastered

If this is true, then count me hyped.
Hope for D3 remastered, but D2 remastered will be also ok
I am hoping for a new SC2 campaign arc, looking forward to watching the SC2 WCS World Championship, and having my fingers crossed for a release date to be announced for Classic WoW. Wouldn't say no to a new SC2 Terran commander either, but I don't think there will be one since mr Findley joined the fray last.
02/11/2018 10:51Posted by Sárádá
DIABLO MMO. MARK MY WORDS. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Their community manager said to keep your expectations low after everyone was posting about the new diablo game being diablo 4, diablo mmo.

I fully expect something stupid from them as always, like a diablo mobile game or a diablo 2 remastered.
02/11/2018 10:32Posted by Jito

It's the one thing Overwatch desperately needs to be fleshed out in a similar manner as Blizzard's other franchises: A story campaign. The PvE of Overwatch.
All those developers on the Overwatch team aren't working full-time on a new hero every 3-4 months. They're working on something else as well, something bigger. And it has to be that Story mode. It has to be.

[/quote]
Yes. True. But I'm a bit concerned about this im two main ways - scale and availability.
Lets start with the scale. I'm definately hyped about the story mode possibility but how are they going to do it? Missions? Full on Campaign? Story bits? I definately dont want to have 2 30min missions every 3-4 months that dont add much to the story but yet again if they do a full campaign they wont be able to incorporate all of the characters.
And that leeds to the second concern. Is this mode going to be available for everyone? Is it going to be a paid mode? Or unlockable with gold or crates? Or achievements maybe? The OW team is not small and they are very capable but something needs to pay their salaries right?
After BFA, I'm not ever getting hyped about any of Blizzards content EVER again.......................................

Unless its world of Diablo
DIablo 3 will have a new hero~ Nothing fancy like MMO
02/11/2018 13:45Posted by Jesi
DIablo 3 will have a new hero~ Nothing fancy like MMO
NO YOU ARE WRONG. MY DAD WORKS AT BLISSARD HE SAID THEY ARE GONNA RELEASE DIABLO MMO. 100% CONFIRMED BY HLTV
d2 remastered
warcraft 4 too
i guess they will release d2 remaster and something minor for d3 until they announce d4 next year. maybe even a diablo mobile game.
for wow bfa meh not hyped at all. i guess they will try to lie and stutter on stage again and say how they will fix the game in the future. classic demo will be pogchamp af.
02/11/2018 13:55Posted by Cvetelina
d2 remastered
warcraft 4 too

No way Cveti. Wc4 is a dream long gone :(