Done

General
Yeah, another "I'm quitting" post, but with a twist!

I could list out all the constructive reasons why BfA is in the state it's in, but thousands of others have already done that, and Blizzard have shown that they just don't care.

That brings me on to the purpose of this thread - to address the !@#$ty business practices going on at Blizzard right now, no doubt instigated by the empty suits in corporate HQ.

This Diablo shambles is the final straw for me. First, they announce to a paying crowd of PC gamers that rather than releasing Diablo 4, or an expansion for Diablo 3, or Diablo 2 remastered, or an MMO, they are bringing out a mobile game, and not even an original game. Diablo Immortal is a reskin of some Chinese crap. That's the big announcement. To then have the cheek to ask the booing crowd if they "Have phones" is insulting, and indicative of just how out of touch they are with their customers.

The original video has 170k+ dislikes as of this post. Not content with accepting it and taking responsibility for their mistake, they upload an unlisted video (https://youtu.be/5iajnrdSj1o) and link to that from the launcher instead, all while deleting comments en masse on both videos.

It's become increasingly clear to me that Blizzard aren't the company they used to be. I've sunk literally years, and god knows how much money, into the RTS's, WoW, Diablo, Overwatch, Hearthstone and HotS, and I'm finally done.

This isn't about the state of the games. It's about the attitude of the company. "Vote with your wallet," people say, so I am. I'm not going to tell other people to do the same, but just consider where your money's going.

I'll be waiting for RDR Online, playing Grim Dawn on Steam and being nostalgic about the times when Blizzard was a decent company who gave a %^-*.

You might not care. I'm not expecting you to. If that's the case, then by all means hit that back button and scroll on by.

If, by some miracle, they manage to return to their roots, away from the flip charts, quarterly reports and crappy business decisions, I might be back, but I really can't see that happening.

It's been a pleasure meeting people ingame and on the forums, and I wish you all the very best with whatever you do.

Press F to pay respects.

Screw you, Lizard.
well... itt's easy to sum up. Investors and shareholders are the costumers not gamers.
Will be interesting for me when my sub runs out, if I am sad or mad or relieved. Probably all of the above.

I have spent a massive amount of time enjoying the game and being a paying customer--and wanted to continue.

However, the unexplainable tangent the game development has decided to go -- in almost every way -- has ruined the game. With such a departure from reality, what hope is there really that they can remedy it? Bring back original developers, fire all current developers? Maybe that would be a sign of good faith on blizzard's part, but it is not realistic to expect such a purge and salvation.

It's just over...

Strangely, there has been the concept of "wow killer," around for a decade, and that game/competitor never came. Instead, wow killed itself internally.
Byebye.

Can I get your gold? I will make you a good deal for your stuff too.
03/11/2018 10:32Posted by Starcross
Yeah, another "I'm quitting" post, but with a twist!

I could list out all the constructive reasons why BfA is in the state it's in, but thousands of others have already done that, and Blizzard have shown that they just don't care.

That brings me on to the purpose of this thread - to address the !@#$ty business practices going on at Blizzard right now, no doubt instigated by the empty suits in corporate HQ.

This Diablo shambles is the final straw for me. First, they announce to a paying crowd of PC gamers that rather than releasing Diablo 4, or an expansion for Diablo 3, or Diablo 2 remastered, or an MMO, they are bringing out a mobile game, and not even an original game. Diablo Immortal is a reskin of some Chinese crap. That's the big announcement. To then have the cheek to ask the booing crowd if they "Have phones" is insulting, and indicative of just how out of touch they are with their customers.

The original video has 170k+ dislikes as of this post. Not content with accepting it and taking responsibility for their mistake, they upload an unlisted video (https://youtu.be/5iajnrdSj1o) and link to that from the launcher instead, all while deleting comments en masse on both videos.

It's become increasingly clear to me that Blizzard aren't the company they used to be. I've sunk literally years, and god knows how much money, into the RTS's, WoW, Diablo, Overwatch, Hearthstone and HotS, and I'm finally done.

This isn't about the state of the games. It's about the attitude of the company. "Vote with your wallet," people say, so I am. I'm not going to tell other people to do the same, but just consider where your money's going.

I'll be waiting for RDR Online, playing Grim Dawn on Steam and being nostalgic about the times when Blizzard was a decent company who gave a %^-*.

You might not care. I'm not expecting you to. If that's the case, then by all means hit that back button and scroll on by.

If, by some miracle, they manage to return to their roots, away from the flip charts, quarterly reports and crappy business decisions, I might be back, but I really can't see that happening.

It's been a pleasure meeting people ingame and on the forums, and I wish you all the very best with whatever you do.

Press F to pay respects.

Screw you, Lizard.

Good....next.
03/11/2018 12:26Posted by Xemeron
Byebye.

Nah, I'll delete my 15M gold, because why would I want to deprive you of grinding it yourself? You who loooove this game like it is.
Grind on sucker.
03/11/2018 12:48Posted by Bruuz
Nah, I'll delete my 15M gold, because why would I want to deprive you of grinding it yourself? You who loooove this game like it is.
Grind on sucker.

Hey, I make you a good deal, When I get your gold, I will make a thread every month remembering Blizzard that you left the game for good!
Byebye.

Grind on sucker.

If you won't send him all your gold there is no reason for us to believe you are actually quiting WoW.

You know how many people say they quit WoW but then keep playing the game anyway? It's demented.

At this point a lot of people feel like they are just shouting into the wind. No one is listening.

03/11/2018 12:13Posted by Thehellestdk
well... itt's easy to sum up. Investors and shareholders are the costumers not gamers.

Every time I see someone type costumer (when I presume they mean customer) I just think of a bunch of cosplayers xD
Byebye.

Grind on sucker.

Loved that comeback lmao so satisfying :)
F
03/11/2018 13:23Posted by Punyelf

At this point a lot of people feel like they are just shouting into the wind. No one is listening.

Every time I see someone type costumer (when I presume they mean customer) I just think of a bunch of cosplayers xD

Did you see the Jania cosplayer last night my word the detail in that ,all of them did really well .

We need you to go as your pala next year !!
Regarding gold, I've given it to the handful of people left on my friends list who haven't quit already.

They make Cosplay clothes?
I'm very sorry you feel like this. Sometimes people just need to move on ,that is a natural process. Maybe some day you will change your mind
About this. I have taken a long break myself. Wow is not my life, my gear tells y'all that hehe.
Good luck in your endeavours.
@OP you actually match my views word for word man its not about the games it's about the company .. the company is who is making the games what they are today and they are the ones to blame for losing touch with reality.

i'm sure D4 will come along anyway ... but i would say it will most likely be the last diablo of its kind if blizzard continue down this disruptive path (literally to meet the devil 'diablo' in person).

people see us being upset as we are just sad about the game and direction of a franchise .. but it is so much deeper than that, blizzard have literally lost trust with a large portion of their consumers.. in a attempt to appeal to a different market .. a market which is easier to con out of money.. the mobile market.

this is just the tip of the iceberg for blizzard in the years to come and anyone with sense can predict the direction blizzard are currently going.

just look at all the warning signs on all of their games and you can piece together the horrible picture yourselves.
03/11/2018 17:26Posted by Pixelbear
@OP you actually match my views word for word man its not about the games it's about the company .. the company is who is making the games what they are today and they are the ones to blame for losing touch with reality.

i'm sure D4 will come along anyway ... but i would say it will most likely be the last diablo of its kind if blizzard continue down this disruptive path (literally to meet the devil 'diablo' in person).

people see us being upset as we are just sad about the game and direction of a franchise .. but it is so much deeper than that, blizzard have literally lost trust with a large portion of their consumers.. in a attempt to appeal to a different market .. a market which is easier to con out of money.. the mobile market.

this is just the tip of the iceberg for blizzard in the years to come and anyone with sense can predict the direction blizzard are currently going.

just look at all the warning signs on all of their games and you can piece together the horrible picture yourselves.

Yeah, it's sad to see the way they're going. Looking at Blizzard years ago compared to now is like comparing a LaFerrari and a Lada with a Ferrari badge stuck on it. The badge is still there, but underneath it's just !@#$.

It's a shame, really. I want to still like Blizzard, but the way they're performing right now has made me lose all faith in a company I used to think could do no wrong.