Rogue
Hello Fellas,

Is sub viable again in PvP >
03/11/2018 17:10Posted by Elpololocco
Hello Fellas,

Is sub viable again in PvP >

Ask again in 8.3
sub rogues are just stunbot at the moment
it's playable, but not good. sub rogue still has the ability to cover and set things up really well. burst is pretty meh and sustained is much worse than that. you can still play it if you play with someone who does enough damage to counteract that you're not pulling your weight dps wise, like a fire mage. 50+50 is 100, but 70+30 is as well.
04/11/2018 19:47Posted by Retierx
you can still play it if you play with someone who does enough damage to counteract that you're not pulling your weight dps wise, like a fire mage. 50+50 is 100, but 70+30 is as well.

Watching some RMP streams, Mage always outdamages the rogue and priest is often just behind rogue in damage sometimes equal sometimes just ahead...
05/11/2018 16:41Posted by Söze
Watching some RMP streams, Mage always outdamages the rogue and priest is often just behind rogue in damage sometimes equal sometimes just ahead...

I think you're missing the point why they bring the rogue. If arena is all about damage, why isn't the comp called Mage Mage Priest?
06/11/2018 08:26Posted by Saro
05/11/2018 16:41Posted by Söze

I think you're missing the point why they bring the rogue. If arena is all about damage, why isn't the comp called Mage Mage Priest?

Not missing the point at all. The rogue is there for the same reason the mage is there. The fact is though, whilst having just as much CC/utility and mobility as a rogue, the mage gets to do the bulk of the damage. This is even often true if you watch Disc/Frost/Assa games.

My point is though for Sub to have zero sustained damage and below average burst damage and frequently be out damaged by a healing spec is not really where I or many other people who enjoy Sub spec want the spec to be.
Spamming shadowstrike and hitting low damage eviscerates is very underwhelming for what has always been a burst & control spec.

If we have to lose something fine, take away some mobility, and give us burst along the lines of late WoD design or even Late MoP.

And if the current situation of sub wasn't bad enough, bliiz is further nerfing out ability to crit in 8.1...
07/11/2018 14:29Posted by Söze
06/11/2018 08:26Posted by Saro

Not missing the point at all. The rogue is there for the same reason the mage is there. The fact is though, whilst having just as much CC/utility and mobility as a rogue, the mage gets to do the bulk of the damage. This is even often true if you watch Disc/Frost/Assa games.

My point is though for Sub to have zero sustained damage and below average burst damage and frequently be out damaged by a healing spec is not really where I or many other people who enjoy Sub spec want the spec to be.
Spamming shadowstrike and hitting low damage eviscerates is very underwhelming for what has always been a burst & control spec.

If we have to lose something fine, take away some mobility, and give us burst along the lines of late WoD design or even Late MoP.

And if the current situation of sub wasn't bad enough, bliiz is further nerfing out ability to crit in 8.1...

funny thing is its just, Removed.
Nothing else to compensate, no more changes, just Removed. 35% to 10% to Removed to don't play it guys.