What is wrong with you, blizz?

General
Seriously tho.. stop f***ing around...

Give us a full length cgi movie already!!!! we, the fans, demand it!

No, really, it's about time... I won't discuss the live action movie cause I understand why it needed to be flawed (to say the least) and why most gamers didn't like it but at the same time i don't understand why you havn't produced a more niche movie for the people who play wow... it can be about anything.. i mean i bet the culling of stratholme is a pretty safe bet but you could literally throw us anything and we'd be rolling in our fanboy sweat in a moment..

If you didn't get it by now this isn't a rant but a cry for more of those sweet !@# cinematics you're producing lately...
soooo.
gooooood.

EDIT:
i mean have you even seen stormwind's harbor in "lost honor"????
Those things are extremely expensive, wont happen.
Its a service to the game, they do that well, i know it sucks man :l
If only they thought about the money they would make... We'd have it in an instant!

Joke aside, it would require a huge amount of resource to make a full feature movie, but! They could easily focus on a mini series, of 30 min each and space them out so they got enough time and resource to make them. I'd be happy with that.
Yes! That would be very cool indeed.
04/11/2018 10:53Posted by Eltharynd

Shut up, little boy, and don't lump me together with you.
They have more important concerns to address, such as the sorry state of BfA, and I'd rather have them deal with that.

Oof~ That is a really bad word there my friend, might not wanna use that.

Whilst I also would adore a full on CGI movie from Blizzard, it comes down to if they have the time, resources and can estimate if they get out more than they put in with it.
I loved the movie :(
I kept asking for it. A deal with Netflix to get a mini series as Star Wars did with Clone Wars. That would be insane.
who allowed you to talk on my behalf?
If they can make 10min for free... they can make 120 for cash~
I disagree with the tone, but I love the sentiment. Have a +1.

04/11/2018 11:56Posted by Ssassenach
Joke aside, it would require a huge amount of resource to make a full feature movie, but! They could easily focus on a mini series, of 30 min each and space them out so they got enough time and resource to make them. I'd be happy with that.
Blizzard Animation Studio Inc.? The resources available are a matter of how much money they can make out of it. If they do it for free for the fans, then yes, we'll only get small projects. But if they see this as a separate premium product, like the books, then the math changes and we could see bigger projects. Also I wouldn't mind if they copied Riot and made a Warcraft Universe Website.

04/11/2018 12:38Posted by Henoriel
They have more important concerns to address, such as the sorry state of BfA
Because the cinematics team is going to help Blizzard fix BfA...NOT :P
Maybe if they open it as kickstarter option it would work, but people like to scream about money blizz would make and not about money they would spend, because they have no clue avout cost of such product(check any animation with much less detalization for example Moana cost 175 million) and since WoW movie was not that successive guess what no one gonna throw money on such thing to make fans happy unless they pay for it directly.
nothing is wrong with blizzard .... i'll show you the problem ..

https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/global-games-market-reaches-137-9-billion-in-2018-mobile-games-take-half/

the problem with this graph is they are comparing P2w mobile gaming to conventional gaming .. ofc p2w would win..

but look at wow in it's hayday and fortnite now .. it shows there is still a massive platform for gaming wait for tes 6 ... and star citizen ... pc sales will rise again.

the prob why pcgames arent doing well is you offer nothing good on the platforms .. the companies trying to make mobile gaming the main choice are purposely flooding the pc and console with !@#$ game imo.

give us quality and good game and we will show you just how much we will collectively pay for them.

EDIT: if you look at console gaming recently .. the week one sales have never been higher ... it just shows .. give us good games and we will buy them.

but for the love of god ... never compare a mobile gaming p2w market to a conventional gaming ...
04/11/2018 15:49Posted by Pixelbear
nothing is wrong with blizzard .... i'll show you the problem ..

https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/global-games-market-reaches-137-9-billion-in-2018-mobile-games-take-half/

[/quote]

That's only a problem cause you make it such... if you ask me:

• There's plenty of low budget (indie) GREAT games out there
  • You saying this makes me think you only look into "AAA" games
  • The fact enough people boicotted battlefront 2 to have lucasfilm revoke EA's license tells me there's still plenty of market for "moral" pc games
  • I don't need a game to have awesome, stunning, photorealistic graphics to consider it good

And since i know you're about to say "oh but those games suck and make no money" think about this:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/features/13384-stardew-valleys-single-developer-has-made-over-30-million
https://wccftech.com/divinity-original-sin-2-85m-revenue-2017/

and that's only two examples and since you're about to say: "oh but they make nowhere near as much money as AAA games" i'd like to reply with: "yeah but triple A games's revenue has to be shared across companies that have huge !@# structural costs..."
04/11/2018 11:04Posted by Lizq
Those things are extremely expensive, wont happen.
Its a service to the game, they do that well, i know it sucks man :l

the movie budget was 160mill plenty of room for a CGI movie, they produce some of the best animated cinematics i have ever seen, a full blown movie would be amazing
04/11/2018 12:38Posted by Henoriel

Shut up, little boy, and don't lump me together with you.
They have more important concerns to address, such as the sorry state of BfA, and I'd rather have them deal with that.

If you didn't get it by now this isn't a rant but a cry for more of those sweet !@# cinematics you're producing lately...

I love BFA.. you think it's in a sorry state but i love almost everything about it