IS wow pay to win now.

General
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
07/11/2018 12:51Posted by Berserka
07/11/2018 12:44Posted by Shortbolts
You could have been boosted to the best gear in the game through this system, that doesn't mean you win. Just means you shouldn't play an MMORPG. Put someone who got boosted against someone who didn't, and they'll be destroyed. That doesn't sound like a win to me.

Your argument dosnt make any sence so two equally skilled players

One is rich one is not money wins

If they were both of equal skill, then they both would not spend gold to get the boosts to get the gear. The ONLY people who pay for boosts are the ones unable to do the content themselves, so they want a free ride to the best gear. No good player out there would pay for any boost, since they can just work towards the gear themselves, and then MAKE money off of the people wanting the boosts.
Define win? Yes people can buy tokens and buy m+, arena and raid boosts to get technically "paid gear"

Do they win raids? No and they know it deep inside
Do they win arena? No and they know it deep inside although often they really try to fool themselves
Do they win gear? What is even the point of the gear if you just buy boosts for everything?
Unless you pay in gold no.
07/11/2018 12:53Posted by Berserka
07/11/2018 12:47Posted by Elensentier

Easy...what do you win? Nothing!

You are so late to this party it’s embarrassing

07/11/2018 12:47Posted by Elensentier

Easy...what do you win? Nothing!

You are so late to this party it’s embarrassing

you clearly dont understand what pay to win means

pay-to-win
Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Yes I do, as do ALL the other posters in this thread, it seems you are the confused one here, or are we all wrong?
No good player out there would pay for any boost, since they can just work towards the gear themselves, and then MAKE money off of the people wanting the boosts.

Why not? Heroic raid boost is a nice service. Same as M10 boost for chest.

If I had more money I would just buy those for my undergeared alts instead of doing it the normal way or begging for free boost from guild.

And I bet people do things like this seeing how popular boost runs are.

But some people are just either too dumb to see P2W or even prefer it.
No no, it's has not become a freemium game as you might think of it...

I might be wrong, but I believe the buying gold for real money was implemented because of the huge amount of gold farmers that appeared in game.

And yes, you can buy a lot for the gold you just purchased. But you can't buy your way through the game.
Elite players hate him!
This guy is winning 24/7 in WoW
with this simple trick
while you're farming anchor weed
CLICK HERE to know how!
07/11/2018 12:54Posted by Shortbolts
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Your argument dosnt make any sence so two equally skilled players

One is rich one is not money wins

If they were both of equal skill, then they both would not spend gold to get the boosts to get the gear. The ONLY people who pay for boosts are the ones unable to do the content themselves, so they want a free ride to the best gear. No good player out there would pay for any boost, since they can just work towards the gear themselves, and then MAKE money off of the people wanting the boosts.

If there were eqaully bad or good at the game and one spent gold for better gear he then beats the other guy who didn`t and paid to win.

I dont get your argument are you saying you cant spend money to boost your Characters power? because unless your in a top end Mythic raiding guild you clearly can.
Yes it is pay to win, when u can ding 120 and buy ilvl 395 boe equipment from AH...

While u cant even craft ilvl 385 equipment without first farming a !@#$ ton of %^-* and get lucky with recepies.
Hello!

But what does "buying ilvl" win somebody? Nothing. Because as soon as they get into any content people will see how terrible they are and they'll be removed - they've won nothing.

Boosting to say you've "cleared the content"? Yeah, nice parses, bro.

The person with the highest ilvl, does not "win" anything.

Buying gold to spend on BoEs or gear boost runs is like buying a Ferrari but not having any clue how to drive it. It's pointless.
07/11/2018 13:04Posted by Berserka
one spent gold for better gear

You don't even need to do that. You get free mythic tier gear from doing warfront on repetition. No gold required.

Gear hasn't been considered winning for a long time now, no one cares about your ilvl. You can't even get to M+ or PUG raids with ilvl alone. All it gives you is slightly faster killing in solo-content (and even that is scaled to your ilvl). It doesn't even make you stomp people in pvp because of the scaling.

Gear means nothing and even still, buying a token and using that gold for a boost doesn't guarantee gear for you any more than running warfront repeatedly. All it gives you is less time spent gearing. If that counts as winning to you, then yeah, it's pay-to-win, but that's stretching the definition really far.
07/11/2018 13:00Posted by Trmon
Why not? Heroic raid boost is a nice service. Same as M10 boost for chest.

If I had more money I would just buy those for my undergeared alts instead of doing it the normal way or begging for free boost from guild.

And I bet people do things like this seeing how popular boost runs are.

But some people are just either too dumb to see P2W or even prefer it.

It's a nice service for people who are unable to do it, be life restrictions or the fact they are just not good enough.

You're a very skilled player, did you get there by being good at the game, or buying boosts?

If you brought boosts for your alts, you would still be a good player. Buying a boost for an alt doesn't make you a bad player, I was more referring to people who do it for mains, the ones who are too unskilled to get the things they want and want a free ride too it.

I do not like the boosting scene, I think it should be removed from the game. But, at the same time, I would do much more in raids than the person who got boosted JUST for the achievement, same with M+'s. I know the mechanics and can deal with them better than the person who got boosted to M+10 for their weekly cache.

Being boosted does not automatically make you good at the game. You could be given all the best gear in the game, all your BiS gear at 400 ilvl, and you'll STILL only do half the damage as someone who earned it, maybe even less.
If there were eqaully bad or good at the game and one spent gold for better gear he then beats the other guy who didn`t and paid to win.

I dont get your argument are you saying you cant spend money to boost your Characters power? because unless your in a top end Mythic raiding guild you clearly can.

If they were equally bad and one brought boosts and got 380 ilvl, then yes, you would be better. But, you wouldn't be considered better, since you will then be at the point of facing the better players of the game. If a Mythic raid team invites you because of your ilvl, and you pull less than 10k DPS, you'll be kicked. If you get invited into PvP 2k rating and almost die easily and not dodge simple spells, they will not run with you anymore.

All the buying boosts does is get you the gear, it doesn't automatically make you good at the game, and it doesn't automatically make you a winner. I'm half decent at my class (Could do with more improvements, but I'm working on it), yet you put someone who got boosted to my ilvl in a raid with me as another Affliction Warlock, and I'll beat them in damage easier.

I have another Affliction lock in my guild, doesn't know how to play the class and is the same ilvl as me, and yet I pull almost double their DPS, and that's because I spent time with my class to learn to do things, rather than getting someone to carry me through it all.
07/11/2018 12:38Posted by Berserka
I noticed that you can buy WOW token for real money and sell them for gold in the AH.

Market relations
Gold can be used to get boosted in Mythic Raids,Mythic+ Dungeons and PVP ranking

Market relations [2]
Does no one else see a problem here ?

No. Come back when a ilevel 500 ULTRA EXCALIBUR 3000 with a 75% chance on every hit to stun, freeze, ignite, knockback, root and silence your opponent is available in the cash shop.
There's nothing to 'win' in WoW... as the game doesn't have a distinct end "roll credits" to it.
ill just look for a none pay to win game.

Cleary the people on these forums are

07/11/2018 13:21Posted by Shortbolts

If they were equally bad and one brought boosts and got 380 ilvl, then yes, you would be better. But, you wouldn't be considered better, since you will then be at the point of facing the better players of the game. If a Mythic raid team invites you because of your ilvl, and you pull less than 10k DPS, you'll be kicked. If you get invited into PvP 2k rating and almost die easily and not dodge simple spells, they will not run with you anymore.

All the buying boosts does is get you the gear, it doesn't automatically make you good at the game, and it doesn't automatically make you a winner. I'm half decent at my class (Could do with more improvements, but I'm working on it), yet you put someone who got boosted to my ilvl in a raid with me as another Affliction Warlock, and I'll beat them in damage easier.

I have another Affliction lock in my guild, doesn't know how to play the class and is the same ilvl as me, and yet I pull almost double their DPS, and that's because I spent time with my class to learn to do things, rather than getting someone to carry me through it all.[/qu

[quote="176234278749"]If there were eqaully bad or good at the game and one spent gold for better gear he then beats the other guy who didn`t and paid to win.

I have another Affliction lock in my guild, doesn't know how to play the class and is the same ilvl as me, and yet I pull almost double their DPS, and that's because I spent time with my class to learn to do things, rather than getting someone to carry me through it all.

what your trying to sat is you cant pay to get good if think thats the case with anygame you have to be able to play it. oh but w8 a minute there selling PVP training for gold as well so you actally can once you have brought

Level boost get boosted to max get content all bosted for you and the get PVP training for gold from the top ranking players is being offered now in game lol.

You can litterally buy everything for cash
First off, the WoW token was introduced in March 2015, so you'e over 3 years late to the party. It was introduced as a proven way to combat third party gold sellers.

Secondly, you're not buying the gold from Blizzard, you're buying it from other players by selling a game time token that you purchased from Blizzard.

Thirdly, WoW isn't (and has never been) Pay to Win. Pay to Win has absolutely nothing to do with how you attain in game currency. Just because you can buy boosted runs from other players (something that has been in the game almost from the start) doesn't make it P2W.

Definition of P2W is the ability to purchase for real money an item that isn't available through normal gameplay. getting a boost or running an instance is normal gameplay. you're confusing it with 'Pay for convenience' which is a totally different thing altogether.

The only problem is the crybabies that make these stupid and ignorant forum posts because they don't like it that someone else appears to be getting something they don't have.
07/11/2018 13:34Posted by Berserka
ill just look for a none pay to win game.

Cleary the people on these forums are

Cya later then

what your trying to sat is you cant pay to get good if think thats the case with anygame you have to be able to play it. oh but w8 a minute there selling PVP training for gold as well so you actally can once you have brought

Level boost get boosted to max get content all bosted for you and the get PVP training for gold from the top ranking players is being offered now in game lol.

Prove it then. I'll get my rogue to 120, you get whatever character you want to 120. I'll gear it properly you do nothing but buy boosts. Once we hit the same ilvl, we'll see who comes out on top. Even better, I'll be 20-30 ilvls under you, and I BET you I would still win.

But no, WoW is a Pay to win game. Must by why there are more Mythic raiders than LFR raiders, and more people doing M+10's to M0's as there end content, right?
Hello!

I want to buy mythic world first for the next raid. How much? Thank you.
The only problem is the crybabies that make these stupid and ignorant forum posts because they don't like it that someone else appears to be getting something they don't have.

The problem is that boosters will defend P2W to their deaths because they enjoy free gold from token buying casuals.