IS wow pay to win now.

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
Prove it then. I'll get my rogue to 120, you get whatever character you want to 120. I'll gear it properly you do nothing but buy boosts.

Why would anyone wait 2 months for you to catch up lmao?
07/11/2018 13:41Posted by Trmon
The only problem is the crybabies that make these stupid and ignorant forum posts because they don't like it that someone else appears to be getting something they don't have.

The problem is that boosters will defend P2W to their deaths because they enjoy free gold from token buying casuals.

I'm defending the system, are you calling me a booster? This character I am posting on is my main, my Horde character is only 6/8, so I haven't even got AoTC yet. Highest key I've done is a +5 (+2'ing it) and a depleted +6. There is no way in hell I am a booster. And yet, I'm still saying it's not P2W.
Pay to win what ?
Pvp wise u won't advance if u are not skilled /very good
Pve wise - as stated above

If u are referring to buying items from Ah ? , i hate to brake it to ya but that's since AH actually existed
07/11/2018 13:41Posted by Trmon
The only problem is the crybabies that make these stupid and ignorant forum posts because they don't like it that someone else appears to be getting something they don't have.

The problem is that boosters will defend P2W to their deaths because they enjoy free gold from token buying casuals.

Maybe In a game that has P2W they would,

But seeing as WoW doesn't have any P2W aspects then your comment is both meaningless and irrelevant.
07/11/2018 13:42Posted by Trmon
Prove it then. I'll get my rogue to 120, you get whatever character you want to 120. I'll gear it properly you do nothing but buy boosts.

Why would anyone wait 2 months for you to catch up lmao?

My rogue is 116, will take me around 3-4 hours to get to 120. Will then only take 2-3 weeks for me to hit 350 ilvl, since I can get guildies to help me get Leather gear. That gives them enough time to get as much gear as they can through boosted services. End of this month I'll be 350 on my Rogue, what ilvl will they be, and will they be able to beat me you wonder?

Even better, probably won't even take me a week. I can just spam +2's-+5's and get 350+ gear with my guildies. So, I could be 350 within a few days. No need to wait for me then!
07/11/2018 12:41Posted by Berserka
07/11/2018 12:40Posted by Elensentier
No. /thread.

but you can pay to win?

you always could, its just there is a legal middle man to go through now

even in vanilla you could buy gold, raid gear and boe's for real money

just about all the top progression raiders bought gold for real money including Forte
07/11/2018 12:57Posted by Râlph
Define win? Yes people can buy tokens and buy m+, arena and raid boosts to get technically "paid gear"

Do they win raids? No and they know it deep inside
Do they win arena? No and they know it deep inside although often they really try to fool themselves
Do they win gear? What is even the point of the gear if you just buy boosts for everything?

The term pay to win means
you can buy an unfair advantage against another players. Which either saves you time or increases your power and at a rate beyond that someone whos not paying cant do.

For example a race to level CAP buy a boost to 110 get pay premade group to farm Heoric Islands you can go from 0-120 in about 8 hours.

Vs somone who level 1 playing normaly 4 hours a day 60 +hours

This also works for Gear and rating.

as soon as you reach 120 you get boosted through Mythic + Raid and have 5 players pooling all there drops to you pretty much 385il in a Day is possible.

While mister average is level 12 and just leaving the starting area.
Sense you still suck at the game and do less dps with your shiny gear compared to a good player with worse gear, it's not pay to win. And if you don't have a guild or anything to "show of your mad gear" (because they will kick you out after 1raid sense you suck) it doesn't realy matter. And in PvP gear scale so it's not an advantages that can carry you to 2.4k rating.

And then ofc all logs will show that you bought your gear so no one serious will take you with them on high m+ or mythic raids.

PS After 2months your gear is outdated anyway
Will then only take 2-3 weeks for me to hit 350 ilvl, since I can get guildies to help me get Leather gear.

Dude, give me enough gold and I will have stacked HC raid and M+ team with my armor type and get 370-380 in 2 weeks.
07/11/2018 13:55Posted by Berserka
07/11/2018 12:57Posted by Râlph
Define win? Yes people can buy tokens and buy m+, arena and raid boosts to get technically "paid gear"

Do they win raids? No and they know it deep inside
Do they win arena? No and they know it deep inside although often they really try to fool themselves
Do they win gear? What is even the point of the gear if you just buy boosts for everything?

you can buy an unfair advantage against another players. Which either saves you time or increases your power and at a rate beyond that someone whos not paying cant do.

For example a race to level CAP buy a boost to 110 get pay premade group to farm Heoric Islands you can go from 0-120 in about 8 hours.

as soon as you reach 120 you get boosted through Mythic + Raid and have 5 players pooling all there drops to you pretty much 385il in a Day is possible.

How is using a perfectly legitimate mechanic unfair ?
Just because you're poor or unwilling to pay some money is your problem, please don't start whining like a child about it.
Also your definition of P2W is flawed, if that was the case then paying a sub with real money would be P2W, after all, while you're grinding gold to buy a token the sub player is using that time to advance his character, is that unfair.

You're an example of someone that's seen a 'cool' buzz phrase on the internet and probably thinks you'll look real clever if you use it, despite not bothering to see what it really means

Any game policy where specific content needed to win is locked behind pay walls, forcing people to pay in order to access said content, while none can gain access to the content though other in game methods (combat, trading, etc). See, WoW not p2w.

Problem is, there is no "official" p2w definition, so either you or anyone else can twist the term to prove his point.

Anyway, ok, here we go: you're right, WoW is pay-to-win. So what?
07/11/2018 12:45Posted by Berserka
07/11/2018 12:42Posted by Elensentier

Which part of ‘No’ confused you?

Explain how buying gold with cash and then buying a boost is not pay to win?

Winning means you come first and complete everything which you do not.
If anything its p2ga
Paye to gain advantage.
And people useing name calling and insults need a perm ban from forum tbh.
and what are you going to do with your boosted toon?

-raids nobody will inv you to proper raids because your logs will not exist/godawful logs.

-high m+ nobody invs you since ilvl doesnt matter that much anyway and you wont have exp/score

-arenaye maybe you find some other high rated player that will play 1-2games with you on low rating on his 10th alt and you can waste 10minutes of his life until he ditches you

?!

+ nuke wqs like a boss 8)
+ afk in dazalor and show off oh wait it isnt vnailla-wotlk anymore
+do lower !@#$ content with 380ilvl that i do on my 2hour old alt on 120.

wow :-D

most retarded thread lately gz!

i noticed you are not the brightest but:
what is considered "win" already changed some time ago from ilvl/ingame achievements to wowlogs,xunamate and raider.io
If this was case in any other F2P MMO people would have no issue calling it P2W.

But for some reason they refuse to see it as such in WoW? I don't really get it.

Sure it's not actually P2W by its original meaning (straight up being able to buy gear that is better then what non-paying customer can get).
But by this metric P2W games died out years ago. This was only case in old F2P asian MMOs. Companies don't dare to pull stuff like that anymore. Even let's say Battlefront 2 only allowed you to get stuff much quicker by paying yet it's seen as perfect example of P2W system.

I don't have anything against WoW tokens mind you. I'm not sort of person who cries out how everything is P2W. Just saying that lot of people who are like that are being hypocritical when it comes to WoW.

IMHO
07/11/2018 12:38Posted by Berserka
I noticed that you can buy WOW token for real money and sell them for gold in the AH. Effectively your buying gold.

Gold can be used to get boosted in Mythic Raids,Mythic+ Dungeons and PVP ranking

So rather than get good find a decent group of player you can just pay Blizzard cash for gold and beat the game with money.

Does no one else see a problem here ?

By your definition the game has been pay to win since i started. Gold sellers have existed as long as I have been playing this game. They even used to spell out website addresses with dead bodies.

The quantity of gold required to get any significant amount of gear would be astronomical in pure cash for gold terms. It's ridiculous to suggest many people could even afford to do that. The people who are good at making gold in game are the kind to buy boosts for Mythic mounts, CE etc.

What the token DOES do is allow people to safely buy gold without compromising their accounts. It also allows those who are efficient at making gold to play the game for free.
Yes WoW is pay to win! It's done in a indirect way though.

Blizzard does not sell the items/gear/progression but instead the player community has created a gold commodity market. Where everything has a price. Items priced in gold in the AH now has a real dollar value associated with.

Services provided by players in mythic+ , raid, farming, leveling boosts. All have gold quests often associated with tokens. E.g token cost for one boost.

So yes you can buy yourself to the top tier and also get gear funneled to you for cash.
but you can pay to win?
Using ingame currencies, which is absolutely fine
You can argue you can use tokens to buy boosts but tokens are an additive feature to the game's currency that works both ways (you can turn gold into blizz balance = game time)
07/11/2018 12:40Posted by Elensentier
No. /thread.

but you can pay to win?

But what do you win?

Buying boost to get raids cleared for you? where is the win in that if others do the work for you while probably you lie dead in the floor in raids?

Gear? BoE stuff is garbage compared to high end stuff from raids.

PvP yea have fun with boosted character that you don't know anything about fighting against people that have played the game for 14 years.

Only thing i can think about as a P2W is the leveling if your only goal is to be level 120 then if that is what you consider winning good for you.
Well its instant win, when someone buys your token you just ruined their life
07/11/2018 14:02Posted by Pointybeard

How is using a perfectly legitimate mechanic unfair ?
Just because you're poor or unwilling to pay some money is your problem, please don't start whining like a child about it.
Also your definition of P2W is flawed, if that was the case then paying a sub with real money would be P2W, after all, while you're grinding gold to buy a token the sub player is using that time to advance his character, is that unfair.

You're an example of someone that's seen a 'cool' buzz phrase on the internet and probably thinks you'll look real clever if you use it, despite not bothering to see what it really means

1. Its unfair in the context of balance for somone who cant aford to pay for boosts has a lower GS would not be selected to raid of do Mythic + Gear makes a difference in PVP now. It makes a huge difference.

2. No ones whinning about it im making the arguement that the game is pay to win so far no one can contest it without resorting to insults.

3. paying a sub is to have access to the game which everyone who plays needs to have is not pay to win.

The people who can`t even afford to pay the sub and have to grind 170K+ gold per month for a token thats really sad that the first thing you have to do each day is grind 5.6k gold just to play.

So that poor kid grinds every day so some rich player can drop 20 mins wages on a token for a Mythic + boost

Mr Booster gets to buy gear WOW banks some cash the poor kid gets one shot in world PVP by Mr Booster while trying to keep his account alive what a great community that makes.