IS wow pay to win now.

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
07/11/2018 17:58Posted by Ecchì
07/11/2018 16:42Posted by Polyzor
By your logic every game is P2W since you can just pay someone else to play it for you.

dude life is pay2win.. why do you think we pay ppl to do our garbage runs and !@#$ .. xddddddd

I can't really figure out what the point of your comment is but yes, life is most definitely P2W.
07/11/2018 17:28Posted by Berserka
07/11/2018 17:20Posted by Thedice
Definition may wary but yes, you can indirectly buy runs, BUT you can't buy guaranteed gear. You only buy the run and even then there are no guarantees that they are even that good that you'll reach the end.

Is that a problem?

If you pay for a Mythic Raid run you can pay a premuim get all the Leather drops in that run for example if there 10 Leather wearers funneling all there drops + your personal loot
Average loot per player for a full run is about 3 thats 33 items in one run for a premium run.

and what are you going to do? i understood people could consider p2w when someone in tbc bought some ebay account with bis gear to gank other people in wolrpdpv/ rape in bgs but ilvl in bfa are you !@#$ing serious? just shows how you have no clue about the game ciao
07/11/2018 12:38Posted by Berserka
I noticed that you can buy WOW token for real money and sell them for gold in the AH. Effectively your buying gold.

Gold can be used to get boosted in Mythic Raids,Mythic+ Dungeons and PVP ranking

So rather than get good find a decent group of player you can just pay Blizzard cash for gold and beat the game with money.

Does no one else see a problem here ?

we have been saying this since wow token was announced

but we were called whiny bsers...so now enjoy pay2win
07/11/2018 18:28Posted by Polyzor
life is most definitely P2W.

Evidently not true in many cases, like when so many rich actors commit suicide.
07/11/2018 21:38Posted by Thedice
07/11/2018 18:28Posted by Polyzor
life is most definitely P2W.

Evidently not true in many cases, like when so many rich actors commit suicide.

They did all the content and uninstalled?
They also had very high io score, that’s a fact.
07/11/2018 16:19Posted by Wwhelp
07/11/2018 16:14Posted by Zeleik
that's exactly what pay to win means.

You get the best items/cards etc in a game and have an easier time and stomp the competition.

When you can do it effectively with real money, guess what ?

Whether you're bad and boosted means literally nothing, the fact is you can get the cutting edge/glad achievement for real money legitimately.

Your argument stood until the moment they implemented the whole Token system, currently it's irrelevant.

By the same logic CSGO is also p2w since u can buy skins for real money and pay with them for someone to carry u to GE.

Not the same game and not the same concept.

You don't deal more damage in CS:GO after reaching a higher rank, you don't suddenly become all overpowered and die to 2 AWP headshots instead of a single body shot.

In wow it's different, you gain power with items, and you can get carried through the hard content with money, effectively gaining the power while also guaranteeing it.

Edit: Which in a sense makes community driven addons/websites mandatory => You simply cannot filter out the carried people from those that earned everything, and let's not even begin to bring titanforging into the equation.
07/11/2018 16:17Posted by Trajan

Name one

Dota 2.

Is that the same DOTA 2 that you can buy (for real money) a levelling boost from a third party ? I think so.

Try again
Yes, but you can't really buy that gear straight away.. Someone has to obtain it by playing the game.

It would be p2w if Blizzard made a cash shop where you can buy better gear for money instantly
Yes the game is p2w but the white-knight on forum say otherwise.
I suppose WoW is a pay to win, because you pay for subscription and thats the only way to play the game and therefore win at it.
In Vanilla its would be p2w, but not in BFA?
Or lets stick to logic, in wow you can’t win, so there isn’t p2w?:d
Can anyone explain me what exactly do they win by paying?
It is not pay2win. Why? Because boosting is a player made thing and not made by Blizzard, it is not an official part of the game. If i grind out herbs and ores and sell them on the AH and then use that gold to buy a boost from players, then that would be exactly the same. So no Tokens do not make this game P2W.
07/11/2018 12:53Posted by Dottie
Can you actually win at this game?

Exactly.
It depends what you consider 'winning' OP.
if your end goal is to buy a brutosaur auction mount then yes
Do you guys even know what pay to win is?WoW is not pay to win
If you can't see that WoW is a Fully p2w game then u are blind....

You can buy a boost for literally anything nowdays, Glad in arena, m+, mythic raid boss kills, anything u want.

Some of you say it's fine cause it has been like that for years... i don't know how it makes it ok just because it has been going on for long enough but before at least blizzard used to ban people who bought gold, and the community frowned upon boosts... Now half of my guild are buying PvP boosts for gold to get achievements/mounts/gear and no one actually sees it as a wrong thing to do.

You say that you win nothing by buying boosts but it is obvious that u do. There are casual people who don't do much hard content and it might take them a month to clear heroic for the curve achievement, meanwhile anyone with a bit of extra money can do it in 2 hours by just buying 4 tokens, also they would get every single item that they can use from that run.

You might say that gear and achievements mean nothing and you are not winning because you are not skilled, but the rotations and overall class complexity has been dumbed down so much that it is literally 4 buttons u press over and over on almost any given class. You have so many addons to help you with everything that it makes the mechanics on bosses trivial. So most of your DPS increase does come from gear and distinguishing between a person who got boosted and not is not a very easy task.

Granted u can not buy the VERY highest things like world first or rank 1 in pvp but that is earned only by a handful of people in the world, for most people winning in this game is clearing raids, getting those achievements and that gear. I bet more than 90% of you posting here saying it is not p2w have gear and achievements that could be easily bought for gold, so how is it not p2w if i can create a brand new account and have same !@#$ as you within a week while u spent 2 months tryharding for it.

I have sold boosts myself, and i quit the game after realizing that nothing i earn myself really matters because any person with a deep wallet can stand next to me in orgrimmar and if u inspect us both it will seem like we both have same stuff yet i earned it all myself while he just whipped out his wallet and got it. The biggest problem with this is that people are either completely blind and don't wanna admit that their beloved game is p2w or they agree with it but they think is is completely fine for it to be this way. Blizzard is to blame for allowing gold to be bought for money, but community is to blame for making boosting a regular highly available and accessible thing that everyone is doing.
reading all the comments, i really cant see how people can defend this not being P2W

everytime you run you visa card to get an advantage in a game its p2w

does it matter much here, no seen much worse

just hope they dont put tokens into classic
07/11/2018 12:45Posted by Berserka
07/11/2018 12:42Posted by Elensentier

Which part of ‘No’ confused you?

Explain how buying gold with cash and then buying a boost is not pay to win?

You can push that content yourselves. They are not buying things you cannot have , they are just buying a decent amount of time investment in the game. Seems balanced , spending 13 euros to skip a month of playing. If people do that because various reasons it's understandable.
08/11/2018 13:15Posted by Crypsi
If you can't see that WoW is a Fully p2w game then u are blind....

You can buy a boost for literally anything nowdays, Glad in arena, m+, mythic raid boss kills, anything u want.

Some of you say it's fine cause it has been like that for years... i don't know how it makes it ok just because it has been going on for long enough but before at least blizzard used to ban people who bought gold, and the community frowned upon boosts... Now half of my guild are buying PvP boosts for gold to get achievements/mounts/gear and no one actually sees it as a wrong thing to do.

You say that you win nothing by buying boosts but it is obvious that u do. There are casual people who don't do much hard content and it might take them a month to clear heroic for the curve achievement, meanwhile anyone with a bit of extra money can do it in 2 hours by just buying 4 tokens, also they would get every single item that they can use from that run.

You might say that gear and achievements mean nothing and you are not winning because you are not skilled, but the rotations and overall class complexity has been dumbed down so much that it is literally 4 buttons u press over and over on almost any given class. You have so many addons to help you with everything that it makes the mechanics on bosses trivial. So most of your DPS increase does come from gear and distinguishing between a person who got boosted and not is not a very easy task.

Granted u can not buy the VERY highest things like world first or rank 1 in pvp but that is earned only by a handful of people in the world, for most people winning in this game is clearing raids, getting those achievements and that gear. I bet more than 90% of you posting here saying it is not p2w have gear and achievements that could be easily bought for gold, so how is it not p2w if i can create a brand new account and have same !@#$ as you within a week while u spent 2 months tryharding for it.

I have sold boosts myself, and i quit the game after realizing that nothing i earn myself really matters because any person with a deep wallet can stand next to me in orgrimmar and if u inspect us both it will seem like we both have same stuff yet i earned it all myself while he just whipped out his wallet and got it. The biggest problem with this is that people are either completely blind and don't wanna admit that their beloved game is p2w or they agree with it but they think is is completely fine for it to be this way. Blizzard is to blame for allowing gold to be bought for money, but community is to blame for making boosting a regular highly available and accessible thing that everyone is doing.

He paid to reach that level you played to reach that level, in the end you both reached that level , the game it's not P2W get over it. It would be P2W if he would have gear that you couldn't access and he would be picked in groups/parties / have an advantage over you just because of the wallet. The only advantage he had by paying that money was that he skipped the time to play the actual game. 13euro value gives you a month of skipping the content via gold in game and boosting.