IS wow pay to win now.

General
Prev 1 6 7 8
08/11/2018 14:16Posted by Kellox
08/11/2018 14:10Posted by Crypsi

You either do not understand what p2w means or you do not have enough experience with the game...

Mythic raids and Gladiator level pvp is considered the hardest content in the game, so only a fraction of dedicated people reach and clear it. Most of people do not fully clear the mythic raid or get Gladiator mounts/titles yet u can do that for gold, so you can buy the tokens and get it. I don't know how to explain it better to you but it is OBVIOUSLY a p2w game.

The whole definition of p2w game is a game where rewards from the hardest content in the game can be acquired by paying for it with real life money. Which in WoW's case is 100% true.
You are clearly the only one here that doesn't understands what p2s is

This ^.

Crypsi this is the definition of paid to win : Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

I tried to highlight the key words in it , to give you a better understanding of P2W , because clearly you have no freakin ideea about what you are saying and you are just mad that you played the game ( which is the general ideea of a game) and others skipped that part by paying money, and reached the same level as you.

The game is not unbalanced in any way , seeing everyone can reach the same level paying or not paying and the advantage of paying players it's just another token bought by an actual player that wants to play and reach a certain level.

So to me it's all good, someone pays to skip a month of grinding / farming whatever, someone else who enjoys the game , get's to benefit of those money that the guy invested, to play and farm the same thing the payer skipped.

I find it hard to believe that there are actual players who consider WoW P2W just because someone else grinded to the same level as him in less time just by paying..."SAME LEVEL" not above or to a level you cannot reach by playing normal .
I am with OP - I see problem in game ethics.

WoW token introduced to stop gold sellers - Many people has not experienced gold sellers like old days. Its good thing imo. Giving more benifit than its side perks.

On other hand - boosting with gold is AIDS in game. Kinda destroying community pugs and engagement.

Lvl up boost - it just personal preferance, it wont affect anyone. If person dont like lvling just buy boost and use em.
07/11/2018 12:40Posted by Elensentier
No. /thread.

Of course you can pay to win !!

Buy tokens sell them & go grab all BOE in the acution house

Or/And

Buy Tokens sell them & go buy your self a boost in the most recent raid while average guilds still struggle on it !
Its not about game token. You could buy in-game gold from gold sellers on web (it is illegal) and spend that gold for some boost. After token, what changed? It becomes legal with game token. There is no pay to win.
I love tokens. Without them I doubt I would be playing. Farming gold is not what I want to spend my time on - I did enough of that as a kid :D
07/11/2018 17:12Posted by Berserka
1. You can pay for enough M+ to get a Raid IO of 1200

2. Indirectly they are.

3. Thats Not an argument your sayin i must be poor and bad at the game for pointing out its possible to pay to win. Nice logic.

1. Ridiculous amount of gold would be involved. No one in their right mind would spend that on faking their raider io. This is just fuss about nothing. Who is going to spend 10 x at least token price to get their raider IO that high, it's not common practice. It would take someone with considerable disposable income to burn that kind of money.

2. They aren't. It's not in the store.

3. You have no logic. You are hell bent claiming the game is something it's not. Or that people are buying astronomical amounts of tokens to buy things in game which they are not. The people who hit gold cap don't do it by buying tokens.
3. You have no logic. You are hell bent claiming the game is something it's not. Or that people are buying astronomical amounts of tokens to buy things in game which they are not. The people who hit gold cap don't do it by buying tokens.

Look up some statistics about how much money some people spend if game allows them to.

You would be surprised.

Of course die hard veterans do not buy tokens.. It is more about casuals, who buy some here and there, and then people who are actually rich and people who get addicted and spend hundreds to thousands.
Long story short, only butthurt people think the game is P2W. Check all the indie chinese copies of other mmorpgs who deliberately have you invest money into moving faster on the map, and the mechanics are intended for you to move fast on the map but only if you pay. That's freaking P2W. WoW is not.

People bought gold with money before tokens were introduced...
09/11/2018 15:58Posted by Vaaleera
Long story short, only butthurt people think the game is P2W. Check all the indie chinese copies of other mmorpgs who deliberately have you invest money into moving faster on the map, and the mechanics are intended for you to move fast on the map but only if you pay. That's freaking P2W. WoW is not.

People bought gold with money before tokens were introduced...

Meh, even indie chinese copies of other mmorpgs have people like you who will defend P2W of that game till the end (because they are too invested)
I am as i believe a 352 ilvl rogue, i don't do much raid to be honest i did one last week. I don't pay for dungeons or raid. I don't get killed in warmode all the time so i am not the only low ilvl char out there. And too me it feels like i am winning every day. I do what ever i like and when i like doing that. So i am happy.

Some people should try that sometimes. Not worring about getting the highest ilvl, is a huge relief
Its Pay-to-Win in 20-29 PvP bracket. 20 level F2P vs 29 level P2W fat twinks.