Difficulty scores of each level

General
Mythic raid is the true challanging way of a bossfight, since unlike the other difficulties it can't be overgeared easily. (maybe contents later... )
Sadly we cannot say at all that a lower difficulty meant to teach players how to beat the boss. Because you need to relearn the whole bossfight as soon as you try to go to the next difficulty level.

So tell me, how much easier is each difficulty, considering the following things:

Heroic
- flexible raid size
- lowered numbers (hp, dmg)
- a critical boss mechanic is turned off
- you can overgear the content by 15ilvl

Normal
- flexible raid size
- further lowered numbers (hp, dmg)
- several boss mechanics turned off and tuned down
- you can overgear the content by 30ilvl

LFR
- flexible raid size
-patheticly lowered numbers (hp, dmg)
- the boss is close to a patchwerk style dps meter
- you can overgear the content by 45ilvl

Each boss mechanic is different, so it is hard to put numerics into the whole fight, but if you need to make a weighted scale calculation, how hard is each difficulty level and the reward for it?

So I think LFR is almost close to a tutorial video watching difficulty, because bored players in mythic gear can boost you by dps-ing FROM the lavapool, and you can get a shiny loot, and will be still useless on higher difficulty level, because
you got the gear, but still don't know what to do...

So the task is to:
1) Write down in your own system each difficulty score.
Backing up with valid arguments is a + point

2) What was your memorable harder boss, where the "oh... so this is what this mechanis is about" thought snapped into your mind
One of my memorable realisation "recently" was Sisters of the Moon in ToS:
Even on heroic difficulty players could run around like headless chickens, and didn't really had much consequence of it.
But on Mythic, where a raidwide stackable debuff was triggered as soon someone changed lights... That mechanic was brutally punishing. And because it was turned off completely instead of tuned down, it was one of the brutal gates in the raid progress.

Suddenly any mechanic of that fight became frightening.
A bad step caused a wipe.
07/11/2018 19:07Posted by Kraivanah
Mythic raid is the intented way of a bossfight.

No it's not. All raids are done first on normal, then scaled to HC. Then they rework the mechanics for mythic. This was told back in Legion Q&A if memory serves.

EDIT: found it, it was the other way around with HC first https://www.wowhead.com/news=246507/liveblog-raids-and-dungeons-q-a-with-lead-game-designer-ion-watcher-hazzikostas#q-how-does-the-team-feel-about-the-tuning-about-the-now-3-different-difficulties

Q) When designing raid bosses, do you start with Mythic and remove abilities or vice versa?
A) Generally start with Heroic, test internally, tune and polish. Then think about that base experience and add for Mythic, as well as pare down for Normal . We don't remove abilities but we may consider that in the future. Sometimes they design a Heroic fight and realize they accidentally designed a Mythic fight. Reality is, they always get tuned but too many mechanics means diluting those numbers. One of the worst situations in an encounter is "Mechanic Soup" where you only care about 1-2 of the mechanics that are actually punishing.
Tbh raids should have all the mechanics , only thing will change with dif should be hp/damage.
Mythic raid is the intented way of a bossfight.

No it's not. All raids are done first on normal, then scaled to HC. Then they rework the mechanics for mythic. This was told back in Legion Q&A if memory serves.

EDIT: found it, it was the other way around with HC first https://www.wowhead.com/news=246507/liveblog-raids-and-dungeons-q-a-with-lead-game-designer-ion-watcher-hazzikostas#q-how-does-the-team-feel-about-the-tuning-about-the-now-3-different-difficulties

[quote]Q) When designing raid bosses, do you start with Mythic and remove abilities or vice versa?
A) Generally start with Heroic, test internally, tune and polish. Then think about that base experience and add for Mythic, as well as pare down for Normal . We don't remove abilities but we may consider that in the future. Sometimes they design a Heroic fight and realize they accidentally designed a Mythic fight. Reality is, they always get tuned but too many mechanics means diluting those numbers. One of the worst situations in an encounter is "Mechanic Soup" where you only care about 1-2 of the mechanics that are actually punishing.

Ok... So I changed the first sentence.
Apart from that mistake, what do you think about the rest of the difficulties.

Since it seems the true difficulties are:
handycapped -> easy -> normal -> heroic

Still... even heroic can be overgeared. Just look at Zul now. People instead of learning the tactic, they just BL at pull, and yerg him down before second hexxers spawn.
Memorable boss is Lich King for me. Hard boss not sure but many bosses have annoying mechanics(subjective) as difficulty goes higher.
07/11/2018 21:23Posted by Kraivanah
what do you think about the rest of the difficulties

Pertaining to your original argument:
-LFR shouldn't be a challenge you progress, it's intended use is for casual non-raiding people to see the content (mostly lore and zone).
-normal/hc are fine, hc is the intended mode with reasonable challenge for so inclined, normal is the easy version (and in my opinion could be merged with LFR at this point)
-mythic is fine, it has different mechanics that challenge the very top of players in multiple ways (mechanics, gear, raid composition). It is literally cutting edge where often some raids have mathematically impossible bosses that need to be nerfed, because they are made to deman almost perfect execution out of 25 players

So no, HC/normal should not be changed to work as training-course for mythic. Mythic is meant for a specific part of the players who are motivated and skilled. You can't design whole raiding around that level of requirements because over half don't have such motivation and/or skill. Neither do they need to have, there are other goals in this game than being the top dps/tank/healer in raid tier.
In my experience - Which is mostly Heroic raiding, never mythic I would say the following:

LFR - Kind of just a thing to see the content, pretty easy especially with the 5% buff every wipe.

Normal - Generally pretty quick and simple after the first few weeks and not too hard to pug

Heroic - Harder DPS checks and bad placements can wipe the raid pretty easily, works much better with a solid group of people you know. I think most players will hit a difficulty that feels right for them and just stick with that, especially if they're guildless. Seems to work pretty good the way it is imo.