500g repairs

General
Why is repairing your gear still a thing.

It doesn’t add anything to the game, which it would if blacksmiths benefited from it, but they don’t, so all it is, is an annoyance.
Dont die so much?
09/11/2018 07:47Posted by Bigshlongs
Dont die so much?

You don't just need to die to damage your gear you know.

Some people have limited time playing WoW and don't have time to farm a lot of gold, especially spending 7 hours farming.. Where's the fun in that.

The gold rewards for quests are pathetic and the missions as well, repairing gear shouldn't be this expensive.
08/11/2018 20:55Posted by Retributor
go to do LFR in pandaria...1-2k per 30 mins fast

plus all the nice transmog you farm up :) im farming atm WoD raids they are quite fast when my alts are on 355 + itlv :)

wish they would add some DH themed armours to past raids :P:P oh well :)
08/11/2018 20:46Posted by Thedice
08/11/2018 20:23Posted by Nimbledigits
overral my passive gold income in BfA has been negative

As it should be. We have a 5M mounts in game because it used to be positive for so long and gold served no purpose because it was abundant. Now it's back to where it should be, constantly depleting passively but easily available with little effort.

Vendor Gold sinks are totally fine, how it has worked for BFA is not. Please define "Little effort". I've been playing the game, farming my own materials. I don't use the auction house, and I won't start using it either. You don't want the entire playbase running the AH. That's when prices start dropping, because everyone will be forced to sell. Competition between sellers will be higher, and buyers will disappear.
08/11/2018 21:11Posted by Valqirelle
You can make 200k gold in 5-7 hours of farming.

You need to have time for that, and 5-7 hours is a full day of work. Glad to hear you have time for it. I'm personally not gonna waste my time farming items for strangers instead of playing(I would ask myself why I have a subscription). I farm what I need, then do the content I have fun doing. I already spend about 2 hours pr. week hunting down Anchor Weed for own use(I craft cauldrons for the guild raids, which we have 1-2 nights of pr week). We spend 1 cauldron pr. raid as we raid for 2 1/2 hours and are 15 people(2x flasks pr. person from 1 cauldron). In other words, 1-2 cauldrons pr. week(+ potions for myself and Expulsoms), and I have to spend about 2 hours a week obtaining that. I do get some help with the herbs(Anchor Weeds are the only herbs I really need help with), but if I were gonna farm for the Auction House too, to survive my own expenses I might as well quit the game. I would not have time left to spend on the things I actually enjoy in this game.
09/11/2018 07:07Posted by Canabal

It doesn’t add anything to the game, which it would if blacksmiths benefited from it, but they don’t, so all it is, is an annoyance.

Well, can make auto-hammers that allow repairing...
Its not hard to make money, its just boring and feels like that is not why I logged into the game.
Do you think this is acceptable in the current economy? If I didn't play the Auction House I would be broke by now, overral my passive gold income in BfA has been negative, meaning that my main isn't gaining gold, only my bank alt.

SUGGESTION: Award players ~60 gold per Island Expedition win. Seems fair?

Stop dying and getting hit and you wont have repair bills.
09/11/2018 02:56Posted by Raiden
When u die make sure u are naked.

ty me later.

I used same advice on some tweenies I met once. Didn't take my advice thoughthe muppets...

Took me ages to burn those clothes...
Only way to survive now is to be alchemist and brew potions yourself. I'm just stuck at 20k gold mark.
09/11/2018 07:07Posted by Canabal

Because a game needs obstacles. I swear it's like forums are suddenly full of people who think these minor obstacles are a problem when in fact they give form to the in game world.

It's supposed to be immersive world with it's own rules of logic, like the fact that you need to care for your armor.

Stop asking to remove things from the game. That is exactly how pruning became a thing. "Ohhhh Blizz we have too many spells that server no purpose, please Blizz make spells more interesting!" "OK I GOT YOU FAM, TIME TO PRUNE BORING SKILLS!"
08/11/2018 20:53Posted by Canticle
Put your hand in your pocket pay for a token on my server it's worth 175,000 odds I think. That will last quite some time.

It's regionwide. Not your server.
Do you think this is acceptable in the current economy? If I didn't play the Auction House I would be broke by now

Good.

overral my passive gold income in BfA has been negative

Perfect.

Work for your gold or have none, WoD and Legion were far too generous.
I guess people like to waste gold? smh
WoW economy is messed up. WoD and Legion were very stupid with those missions which gave huge inflation by doing nothing.

Atm playing the game actively rewards barely anything and you still have the stupid inflated prices.

I'd like to go back to pre WoD, give cheap consumables you grind easily and doing your daily routine covers your expenses for repairs/enchants.

If you want fancy BoE's and mounts, then you better farm or play AH.

Current model sucks really bad. ppl farms herbs etc to get boosted and raiders sell boosts. Why can't you have people just play the game and get better at it in stead of having to carry people or get carried?
09/11/2018 01:00Posted by Thedice
08/11/2018 21:59Posted by Meiri
Passive income should always be positive.

Absolutely not. Everything costs so much in AH nowadays exactly because gold was constantly accumulating by just playing. This leads to poor experience on new characters and especially for new players. This has been shown countless times in the past, you need to have gold sinks or the in game economy turns for the worse constantly since gold is generated from thin air.

People are already walking around with multiple millions of gold after Legion because it was generated passively on multiple characters. This is why special mounts cost 5M, why repairs cost multiple hundreds etc. It needs to be checked, there's no way around it.

New player here (started couple weeks before BFA) - and I say that I could do with some stable income source. At the beginning of the expansion I made some gold with professions (mostly tailoring) but couple month ago price dropped drastically (probably due to professional farmers and multiboxer got their setup done) and so professions became useless in that department.

Right now I am doing some old raids and selling duplicates of rare pets to keep positive.

The thing is for a new player there is A LOT content to catch up toys, pets, mounts, transmogs, garrison upgrades, etc. Prices for those things were made with old sources like 3k missions in mind now if I wanna buy an average mount on AH (not those for 5m, 3m or 500k) well I can do it but it would cost me most of my income for a month.

If you starting from the scratch lack of raw gold supply is worse then excessive amount of it. If everyone have a tons of gold you can manage to get 1 rare drop then sell it with relative easy and have enough cash to get those 10-20k mounts from garrison reputation vendors and other "free" PVE sources. Right now new player might have problems even there.
Run all of the old Cata raids on Heroic and you'll get 5-10k gold. Run Naxx doing all wings and you can get 2-3k gold (All of this from selling everything to vendor, not even selling things on the AH).

There's plenty of ways for you to go make gold for a steady income, you shouldn't ever be able to passively get enough gold to survive, you have to go work for it. Spend 1-2 hours a week in old raids, and there you go, enough gold to be able sustain raiding and repairs with some left over.

Throughout the whole of BFA, I've gone UP in gold, never struggled to make any, and I've barely touched the AH this expansion. I started off around 200-300k gold, the most I've had in my bags is 800k gold.

I now have 400k gold at the moment, but that's due to buying the 100k motorbike, buying 3 people ALL heirlooms, buying 2 people upgrades to their Heirlooms, buying them mounts and other things. And I'm still not struggling with gold.

I can go and get Cata dungeons done within 1-2 hours and have enough gold to last my raid nights.
Stop qqing...
Pvp is where the golds at.... arena wins are 60-100 gold each and you get items to sell or de and sell... you just need to be good at arena.

Basically the game is pvp now. Beat mounts, best armor and it now even rewards chests like m+