Race ranking

Story
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Personally I could. It's Caribbean/South American flair. Hardly reinventing the wheel here. Certainly nothing I personally find interesting.

I meant that when you hear "troll", you don't by default think of Aztecs/ Inkas/ Mayan style.
You don't think of a race that is slender, has tusks and crazy hairstyles.
Trolls in other fantasy games looked like Ogres. This is why it makes them stand out, they dared to use a design that breaks the stereotype.

With elves the last time I saw "breaking the stereotype" was in Harry Potter.
First time where we don't see prettier, more agile, long lived, wiser human with longer ears and magic/ nature affitnity.

Just because it's unique, doesn't mean people have to love it. Or even be apathetic towards it. This is a fantasy game, people can love traditional fantasy and people can love non traditional fantasy. And people are well within their rights to hate it.

Why can't we hate something that is "unique"?

I didn't say that you're not allowed to like high fantasy, or dislike unique stuff, I was responding to Anouk because he asked why I dare to like them. In the end we're all entilted to our opinions, but we are also allowed to disagree with certain views and discuss it.

10/11/2018 02:22Posted by Thalasdin
So what? Just because something is unique doesn't mean it is good.

To me it is, especially if it's fantasy world, the more unique and outstanding the more the universe is richer. I wouldn't pay subscription for this game if it only had humans and elves, same reason why I can't be bothered to try FF14, one glance and I know it's not for me it might have amazing playstyle but the races to play as aren't tempting to me at all.

Anyway cheers.
10/11/2018 02:33Posted by Taxania
10/11/2018 02:31Posted by Telriem
I’m confused, how are Draenei born from an awful retcon? Can you please explain?? :)

Long ago, the Eredar were the beings originally responsible for corrupting Sargeras. How could his Burning Legion have corrupted them if they were responsible for corrupting the founder of the Burning Legion?

When confronted with this, Chris Metzen and Alex Afrasiabi explained that they had completely overlooked this old lore and proceeded to retcon it, so that the Draenei story made sense. That set the tone for Draenei for me.

Ahhh right I see, thank you :)
10/11/2018 02:35Posted by Zakkaru
I didn't say that you're not allowed to like high fantasy, or dislike unique stuff, I was responding to Anouk because he asked why I dare to like them. In the end we're all entilted to our opinions, but we are also allowed to disagree with certain views and discuss it.

Fair enough mate.

These threads usually involve people being shocked at others hating races they love and loving races they hate.

It just then devolves into flaming and I would rather just get the message in somewhere that it doesn't matter what others think of the things you enjoy. Everyone's opinions are equally as valid.

Even though I dislike a lot of the WoW races I am glad they are in the game for others like yourself to enjoy. At the end of the day the more people that are happier, the better.

Have a good night mate.
10/11/2018 02:48Posted by Thalasdin
10/11/2018 02:35Posted by Zakkaru

Fair enough mate.

These threads usually involve people being shocked at others hating races they love and loving races they hate.

It just then devolves into flaming and I would rather just get the message in somewhere that it doesn't matter what others think of the things you enjoy. Everyone's opinions are equally as valid.

Even though I dislike a lot of the WoW races I am glad they are in the game for others like yourself to enjoy. At the end of the day the more people that are happier, the better.

Have a good night mate.

Yeah this is why I don't make lists myself and have a goodnight too ;)
1. Blood elves / Void elves
2. Draenei/ Lightforged
3. Humans
4. Night Elves
5. Tauren
6. Dwarves
7. Gnomes
8. Worgen
9. Pandaren
10. Orcs
11. Trolls
12. Forsaken
13. Goblins
I don't know why this is needed, because fans of those races which you will put to the end of the list will fill bad...
So I will just point out my 5 most favorite races. Other races which comes in the middle and in the hate list I will not mention.

1. Night Elves (the only reason I'm playing this game).

2. Nightbourns (they did a mistake choosing Horde, but I still love them).

3. High Elves (still love them since War2).

4. Worgen (I respect their help on Darkshores).

5. Draenei (they didn't help on Darkshores, in a battle near their own home, but I still respect them because they had a chance to fly away from Azeroth, but they decided to stay, and fight for the Alliance).
1) ELVES
2) Taurens
3)Worgens
4)Dwarfs/Draenei
5)Rest alliance races not worth mentioning.
6)Trolls/Forasaken
7)Rest horde races not worth mentioning.
1. Night Elves (just like their style & story)

2. Void Elves (cool emos which also do crazy stuff with void magic.)

3. Zandalari (their accent and look)

4. (Mag'har) Orcs (Lok'tar ogar)

5. Undead (because Undead are cool)

6. (Lightforged) Draenei (like their story)

7. Blood Elves

8. Trolls

9. Worgen

10. (Dark Iron) Dwarfs

11. Goblins

12. Nightborne (scum)

13. Gnomes

14. Tauren
09/11/2018 23:49Posted by Telriem
Awhhh why is zandalari at the bottom :c

It is a bit unfair, i actually don't dislike them that much, i am just annoyed that they can be mages and druids. So a little bit jealous, especially that blizzard made yet another troll race druids before making another elven race - nightborne at the very list could have been druids thanks to Farodin and High Botnaist Tel'am, and ofc they could have made something void elves, not because it is unlikely, but because in wow druidsm is an ELVEN thing, and only one elf race can be, while it is now flooded with non-elves... it ANNOYS me.

Makes me wonder if blizzard will re-write that the night elves were the first to study and master both arcane and nature magic into the mage and druid classes. I mean they only have 3 classes to their name, mage-druid-demon hunter , the rest are introduced by other races.

Atm, I think it is the mogu that teach the Zandalari arcane magic, while the forsaken taught the darkspears. I think. I suspect it was during their alliance for MoP or was it much earlier than that? before the elves or during the time of the elves. I know the Zandalari had Arcanitals - but these are not full arcanists at all, they are like a hybrid of arcane and holy users

The trolls as well as others did use things like nature magic, arcane magic etc in some of their spell works, but it's not the same as mastering that into a full art that makes a mage or a druid. I guess i am just a bit peeved off at that. Are they now saying the Zandalari also aced that before the elves, re-writing the lore? or is it definitely a post MoP thing, thanks to the Mogu. Magecraft, Druidsm and Demon Hunting is what is most special about the night elves. THeir version of the priesthood is also special, but then so many races have priest orders firmly established, while theirs is most unique which I love, they aren't the first, nor are they the best at it, the Draenei are at least as good, as are I would reckon the Zandalari and the Thalassian Elves.

In all fairness, i like Princess Talanji's character, although in Uldir, she sounds like one of those entitled princesses, issuing commands - "Go and take it out, and come back" - like it is the easiest thing to do, and her command is the only motivation we have for undergoing this death trap experience.
10/11/2018 01:46Posted by Zakkaru
Because they're not humans, they're jungle devils, WoW trolls are truly unique and escape usual fantasy portrayal of this race. Those are not dumb bruthish creatures that live in caves/under bridge. No, those are agile and strong, cunning and versatile, they created their own civilization, they have their own rich religion and culture, specific style in basically everything.

I have yet to find a race that could top this design, In fact as an artist I am jelous of this creation.

I can understand that tastes are various and not everyone must like the same thing. But it's still mind bogging how would one put to "trash tier" race that you can bet looks nothing alike to other fantasy takes, especially when Zandalari are now here with their gorgeous mesoamerican themes.

Good for you buddy, but I don't see how being a unique brand of trash, makes you any less trash. Not only do Trolls themselves look ridiculous, their culture and themes don't interest me one bit. What looks "gorgeous" to you, may look "unimpressive" or even "ugly" to others.
Here's a concept: Blizzard tried something -> I don't like it.

While elves - LOL they look everywhere roughly the same(At least night elves have nicely developed culture), humans are everywhere the same with little tweaks there and there, and were more serving as a purpose for self insert.

Again: Why do you assume, that something needs to be unique and special in order to be liked? If something appeals to me, I don't think about whether it has been done before or if it's truly new and unique.

Stormwind Humans for example are absolutely different from regular fantasy Humans. Their culture and theme is not just regular medieval Europe stuff, but has lots of imperial roman and most important of all: American aspects.

I've seen those countless of times not only in WoW but in other games too, and I was always drawn to unique stuff.

Good for you buddy. If uniqueness is all you need to like something, wow has you covered.

Edit:
wtf I should read the thread first, as Thalasdin has already done my job lmao
Let's try...

1. Gnomes
2. Dwarves
3. Trolls
4. Goblins
5. Humans
6. Orcs
7. Pandaren
8. Blood Elves
9. Tauren
10. Draenei
11. Night Elves
12. Forsaken
13. Void Elves
Good for you buddy, but I don't see how being a unique brand of trash, makes you any less trash. Not only do Trolls themselves look ridiculous, their culture and themes don't interest me one bit. What looks "gorgeous" to you, may look "unimpressive" or even "ugly" to others.
Here's a concept: Blizzard tried something -> I don't like it.

You may dislike stuff all you want but it's the condescending language like calling them "trash" is very unfair, especially when you play asspull like velves yourself which is arguably the biggest trash at the moment.

But I don't shove it in any post out of respect for fans.

Trash means that it has completely zero value and if something has rich lore it cannot be it. Same goes to Pandaren, people are welcome to dislike them but their lore was great in MoP.

But then again every forum must have someone like Nicolas Cage I suppose.
For simplicity's sake I roll most allied dudes (Mag'har, etc) into their basic !@#$% races respectively since they're essentially the same ^-*!.

ULTRA TIER:

Pandaren.
Orcs.
Gnomes.
Goblins.

HIGH TIER:

Dwarves.
Trolls.
Zandalari.

MIDDLE TIER:

Human.
Undead.
Tauren.
Nightborne.

LOW TIER:

Worgen.
Blood Elves.
Night Elves.
Draenei.

TRASH TIER:

Void Elves.

re; velves in this thread, the big problem with the race is that they've come to essentially dominate Alliance RP (on AD alone they've already become 3rd most played for that faction @ 120), so if you want to escape their boring, wishy-washy lore you've not got much chance of that - 95% of the time they're also just played as helves or belves in a way that's just thematically lame / not playing to the point of the race in the first place

big mistake adding them honestly, tbqh fams; rly. glad i'm a horde main now. nightborne are OK and actually bring something new to the table. they're like nelves but actually cool
Is this racist?
10/11/2018 11:29Posted by Darvingar
Is this racist?

You look like a Chaos Space Marine serving Khorne...if you think this is racist just do something about it!
10/11/2018 11:04Posted by Zakkaru
You may dislike stuff all you want but it's the condescending language like calling them "trash" is very unfair, especially when you play asspull like velves yourself which is arguably the biggest trash at the moment.

But I don't shove it in any post out of respect for fans.

I don't care whether you find void elves trash or not. I couldn't care less about your opinion on them. Lots of people in this forum constantly point out how much they dislike Humans in wow. Doesn't bother me at all lol. I think they are great.

Everyone is entitled to have their own taste.

Trash means that it has completely zero value and if something has rich lore it cannot be it. Same goes to Pandaren, people are welcome to dislike them but their lore was great in MoP.

This thread is about our opinion on these races.
In my opinion Pandaren and Trolls are absolutely trash and I'm not going to take that back. This website has an ignore feature if you don't want to see it.

But then again every forum must have someone like Nicolas Cage I suppose.

*shrug* whatever you say xD
1 - Tauren
2 - Dwarf
3 - Orc
Don't really care about the rest.
Oh that's easy.

1. Northern and western races, preferably Nordic and Germanic.
2. The Southern European people, such as-

Oh, you mean like playable races in WoW, oh sh-

These are the best from worst, and not my favourite per se, just who I deem more worthy than the others. If I skip a race, they're not important at all.

1. Blood Elves, Humans, Draenei; both races were able to quickly restore their empire after near-total destruction, and they have a rather wealthy society.
2. Dwarves, who are still standing strong after thousands of years. I'd like to count the Night Elves here as well, they're Elves but not as great as the Blood Elves.
3. Gnomes, they're at least capable of inventing stuff that doesn't explode.
4. The Tauren, while they live like savages they think like a civilised race.
5. Trolls, Orcs, they're just savages.
6. Goblins and Undead.
10/11/2018 08:24Posted by Kalibas
It is a bit unfair, i actually don't dislike them that much, i am just annoyed that they can be mages and druids. So a little bit jealous, especially that blizzard made yet another troll race druids before making another elven race - nightborne at the very list could have been druids thanks to Farodin and High Botnaist Tel'am, and ofc they could have made something void elves, not because it is unlikely, but because in wow druidsm is an ELVEN thing, and only one elf race can be, while it is now flooded with non-elves... it ANNOYS me.

It's more because you don't get stuff.
Why Zandalari shouldn't have druids when they have Loa who because are Wild Gods can have access to emerald dream and that is the main reason for ability to shapeshift.
Zandalari are dinomancers, they're mostly focused on shapeshifting for the sake of direct battle or improved communication with beasts.

They're not traditional druids that are keepers of the forest so it doesn't take anything from them. The traditional druidism is still night elf and tauren trope, because of Cenarius teaching. They're focused the most about emerald dream, growth of flora and watching over how animals behave.

They don't have any ties to Zandalari because Zandalari developed their own culture and ways.

As for Mages, it's not again what you suppose, it's what I wrote to you was contained in various sources, like Chronicles and Vol'Jin's book.
They're scholar society, they study and research, and they learned it because they saw Mogu do it.

But elves took it to another reckless level. Azshara's lackeys brough Legion to the world, and nightborne's entire life was depending on Arcane magics to the point that without it they couldn't live.

Arcane magics are still their trope (highborne related elves I mean), elves were created by the well of eternity and channeled said magic in order to get an edge over others. Zandalari didn't have well with raw power but they were powerful enough to protect their territories from Saundering.

If I were you I wouldn't worry that much. elves still have their themes, Zandalari are just more versatile and it's hard to frame them all as "arcane race" or like it's with Nightborne who don't really have anything else defining or "druidic race" even with night elves still have a bit more to offer with their religion and fighting style.

They have dinomancers, beastmasters, scholars, priests, warrior/military culture, prelates, witch doctors and many more.
Zandalari mages aren't making Zandalari as a whole arcane focused society, they're part of the scholar caste.