Happy birthday, WOTLK! Expansion turns 10 today!

General
This toon was made in WotLK. I still remember the time mages were usefull. Utilities, crowd controll… Serious DPS.
Five Blood DK's (blood was dps spec in Wrath) running 5 man's, due to a heal passive, that soon got nerfed...

Dk's doing a solo job on Chillmaw, using Army of the Dead.

And the best cinematic Blizzard ever created - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

My son,
The day you were born,
The very forests of Lordaeron,
Whispered the name...
Arthas
My warrior 14 year old, my DK 10. OMG i am so old :D
The Wrathgate Event... Chilling and extremely Goosebumpy up to this date.

"Do you think we had forgotten, do you think we had forgiven? Death to the Scourge, death to the living!!"

I usually do not remember anything verbatim but this always gets to me, I cried first time I saw the cinematic.. it was heartbreaking....
I just remember the panic of tripping the traps that released those Deathbound Wards in Icc,until a rogue realised he could see the traps n disarm them,oh & having to group up to kill the Rider of blood/unholy and frost!

happy times
14/11/2018 06:49Posted by Aryliel

"Do you think we had forgotten, do you think we had forgiven? Death to the Scourge, death to the living!!"

I usually do not remember anything verbatim but this always gets to me, I cried first time I saw the cinematic.. it was heartbreaking....

I still think thats the best cut away scene in game,i do it every time I level an alt
14/11/2018 07:55Posted by Hotblack
14/11/2018 06:49Posted by Aryliel

I still think thats the best cut away scene in game,i do it every time I level an alt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKhLXoXJ7Pg
I felt like i had a reason and a connection to each of my characters back in wrath, now the rpg part of the game has gone something just isnt the same. new wow is fun but its not what it was. Shame.
I miss the days when Blood was a DPS spec and I could use a 2H wep!

The raid Ulduar was one that forever blew me away, what an epic raid and the months I spent with the 10 man guild learning the game were some of my fondest memories!
13/11/2018 11:25Posted by Annallusion
God i'm old...

I am 41 today, and this game has had me for almost 12 of those years lol
14/11/2018 15:18Posted by Warmother
God i'm old...

39 next month here! It scares me how many years it's been since I first played D2 when I was visiting Norway and sampled some local mushrooms!
14/11/2018 15:18Posted by Warmother
God i'm old...

Happy Bd! 42 in 10 days.... and i still remember the day i installed D2 ages ago...
In lk i was rolling shaman and priest ircc.... Man that was the good times

Also screw the dk that was pulling mobs with grip :)
14/11/2018 15:16Posted by Felìx

I was gutted when they made Blood the tanking spec tbh, I had spent the whole of wrath with Blood deeps, and I haven't really played the game all that much ever since, lol...

Can anyone remember the Armour Pen fiasco? with AP becoming more powerful than primary stat (above a certain point) Blizzard freaked out and declared - "A secondary stat shall never be more powerful than a primary..."

They nerfed it twice, then just gave up and removed it, lol

It's hard to say what made Wrath so good, maybe the music, the zones, the feeling of there being a threat as soon as you landed in Northrend, Naxx was huge fun and sucked many casual guilds into the raiding scene, maybe a combination of everything.

I know one thing for sure, 12 mill plus subs tells it's own story, a story that cannot be denied.

Sadly, that's a story Blizzard are not prepared to listen to anymore.
"So the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived? Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?"

Started WoW in the spring of 2010. LK was my first raid end boss. Still sends shivers up my spine to hear it... :)
Easily the single greatest expansion produced for WOW or any MMO in my opinion. A pity that they have made so many terrible changes since.

Ah for the days when you got your reps done in dungeons and could even farm Icecrown trash to reach exalted on the first morning of raid release. It was so alt friendly as well, just chain dungeons to get your raiding alts into a set of the previous tier and good to go.
WotLK - when classdesign and pvp was fun
14/11/2018 19:03Posted by Tsaritsin
14/11/2018 15:16Posted by Felìx

I was gutted when they made Blood the tanking spec tbh, I had spent the whole of wrath with Blood deeps, and I haven't really played the game all that much ever since, lol...

Can anyone remember the Armour Pen fiasco? with AP becoming more powerful than primary stat (above a certain point) Blizzard freaked out and declared - "A secondary stat shall never be more powerful than a primary..."

They nerfed it twice, then just gave up and removed it, lol

It's hard to say what made Wrath so good, maybe the music, the zones, the feeling of there being a threat as soon as you landed in Northrend, Naxx was huge fun and sucked many casual guilds into the raiding scene, maybe a combination of everything.

I know one thing for sure, 12 mill plus subs tells it's own story, a story that cannot be denied.

Sadly, that's a story Blizzard are not prepared to listen to anymore.

Also a DK with a Shadowmourne just looked the nuts with ICC 25H armour!
13/11/2018 17:52Posted by Khimorynn
Happy Birthday indeed! :)

I remember PvPing at the entrance of Icecrown Citadel while waiting for the usual guild mates who were late for the raid. So much fun though!

"My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name Arthas..."
Yeah, and now you guys suck at making games :/. Activision ftw
15/11/2018 07:15Posted by Eyebeamer
13/11/2018 17:52Posted by Khimorynn
Happy Birthday indeed! :)

I remember PvPing at the entrance of Icecrown Citadel while waiting for the usual guild mates who were late for the raid. So much fun though!

"My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name Arthas..."
Yeah, and now you guys suck at making games :/. Activision ftw

he's a forum moderator. Not a developer.