World of Diablo MMORPG

General
I know I am probably not the first with this idea butttttt:
if I was in charge of Blizzard...

I would create World of Diablo.
A more grown up version than World of Warcraft with nice difficulty and dark creepy and long dungeons.
Really make you feel like you went on a dark scary adventure when returning to the safety of town.
Intense weather effects like pouring rain and lightening or just foggy with bright moonlight.
Everywhere you go there is the sense of danger and dread and it is for you to make the world a little bit better.

I would create the game to be more focused around the leveling experience itself rather than only endgame. I would give the impression there was no end to leveling and thus not making it the goal to hit max level. Leveling would get slower and slower and players could get into max level content without being max level. Levels would just make life a little bit easier but it would mostly be about the gear. Ofcourse higher level would be somewhat of a power increase.
Think of it a paragon levels but just slower and not a extra after hitting max level but just be levels.

If I was Blizzard with all my money and a huge crowd of WoW players looking for the next big thing and Diablo players looking for something new in the Diablo franchise this would surely be a massive succes. I have no doubt about it. I already know quitte a few people who would die to play a game like this.

Well just sharing my topic here, a man can dream right?

Cheers.
You already have it. Its called World of warcraft.

The diablo dev team got moved to WoW, thats why WoW have those locked time gate and pruned abilities.
14/11/2018 23:22Posted by Tankforlife

The diablo dev team got moved to WoW, thats why WoW have those locked time gate and pruned abilities.

Wrong, all thats to prepare for the mobile version...
They are already working on a Diablo MMO. It's name is Diablo Immortal.

Time gated content and ability pruning is nothing to do with the D3 devs, you can thank the D3 devs for excessive RNG, Mythic plus (which is a copy of the Grift system in D3) and also probably the Legendary system that we got in Legion.
14/11/2018 23:22Posted by Tankforlife

Wrong, all thats to prepare for the mobile version...

You're getting ahead of yourself,..all that's to prepare for the console version ;)
14/11/2018 23:14Posted by Drenthar
I know I am probably not the first with this idea butttttt:
if I was in charge of Blizzard...

I would create World of Diablo.
A more grown up version than World of Warcraft with nice difficulty and dark creepy and long dungeons.
Really make you feel like you went on a dark scary adventure when returning to the safety of town.
Intense weather effects like pouring rain and lightening or just foggy with bright moonlight.
Everywhere you go there is the sense of danger and dread and it is for you to make the world a little bit better.

I would create the game to be more focused around the leveling experience itself rather than only endgame. I would give the impression there was no end to leveling and thus not making it the goal to hit max level. Leveling would get slower and slower and players could get into max level content without being max level. Levels would just make life a little bit easier but it would mostly be about the gear. Ofcourse higher level would be somewhat of a power increase.
Think of it a paragon levels but just slower and not a extra after hitting max level but just be levels.

If I was Blizzard with all my money and a huge crowd of WoW players looking for the next big thing and Diablo players looking for something new in the Diablo franchise this would surely be a massive succes. I have no doubt about it. I already know quitte a few people who would die to play a game like this.

Well just sharing my topic here, a man can dream right?

Cheers.

I would pay double the subscription fee for a Diablo MMO

But sadly it's never gonna happen, for Blizzard now, it's all about the dumbing down for the lowest common denominator, everything all...fluffy and nice, so as not to upset anyone, a nice little 'safe space' for all the snowflakes,..to gently melt in.

There's money to be made... Show me the Money!

So, why on earth would they just get on and make a good game?
15/11/2018 04:57Posted by Tsaritsin

But sadly it's never gonna happen

Diablo Immortal is a Diablo MMOARPG.
It's a world with zones similar to WoW. You'll come across other players as you run around in the game. It has dungeons where you can queue up to do them with a party of other players. It has personal loot!
Yeah you could have a cool crusader class that can tank and can use unique never before seen abilities like blessed hammer, or maybe they can summon a horse to ride on a for a short duration, and throw their shield which bounces between enemies.

Or maybe you could make a barbarian class which can spin around and do big damage to all enemies around him, or when he needs to go some where far, he can leap heroically away.

Also don't forget the wizard class with all brand new and unique abilities such as: Blizzard, frozen orb, arcane missiles, meteor and blink! so much potential.
If it was the year 2004 i would want that but today's gaming development no thanks too much loot box crap too much political correctness to ruin fun and too much general greed from publishers.
15/11/2018 06:09Posted by Jito
15/11/2018 04:57Posted by Tsaritsin

But sadly it's never gonna happen

Diablo Immortal is a Diablo MMOARPG.
It's a world with zones similar to WoW. You'll come across other players as you run around in the game. It has dungeons where you can queue up to do them with a party of other players. It has personal loot!

I dont want a MMOARPG. I want a MMORPG. Just something like vanilla wow but newer and better.
15/11/2018 06:29Posted by Brawx
Yeah you could have a cool crusader class that can tank and can use unique never before seen abilities like blessed hammer, or maybe they can summon a horse to ride on a for a short duration, and throw their shield which bounces between enemies.

Or maybe you could make a barbarian class which can spin around and do big damage to all enemies around him, or when he needs to go some where far, he can leap heroically away.

Also don't forget the wizard class with all brand new and unique abilities such as: Blizzard, frozen orb, arcane missiles, meteor and blink! so much potential.

I am not talking about the classes, i know there are simularities. Im mainly talking about the world itself and zones.
In my oppinion, I think they waited to long with the Diablo 3 release... If they released it within 5 years of Diablo 2 I would have bought it instantly.

But for me, the game ended when it was greatest, I don't need a new Diablo, when I still think Diablo 2 was perfect.

So no, I'm afraid I don't share your dream - I just want to sit in my chair and reminiscens about a game I used to play and like, while I tell my kids that they will never know the greatness in gaming as I have.
15/11/2018 10:25Posted by Moothilda
In my oppinion, I think they waited to long with the Diablo 3 release... If they released it within 5 years of Diablo 2 I would have bought it instantly.

But for me, the game ended when it was greatest, I don't need a new Diablo, when I still think Diablo 2 was perfect.

So no, I'm afraid I don't share your dream - I just want to sit in my chair and reminiscens about a game I used to play and like, while I tell my kids that they will never know the greatness in gaming as I have.

Sounds like you just want to retire from it all. Shame. Dont let the kid inside you die man.
I would actually really like a Diablo game that drew some inspiration from the world-building design of WoW. At least in terms of size and scope, I kind of feel like the world of Sanctuary is as rich as the world of Azeroth.

But please don't tell anyone on the Diablo forum I said that! That's not a kosher opinion to have over there right now :P