Diablo of RNG

General
I was doing today the Voldunai emissary (like the half of EU horde)for the 370ilvl Azarite item(and i had a healm 370 from mythic chest) 355 Shoulders and Chest Azarite and was hopeing to get one of those two for that extra ilvl.
Boy oh boy did i sure as hell got the bloody healm 370 from the emissary.

This crap system of rng on top of rng for rng is rng tiresome and exusting.
I saw it in Diablo,but i was oke with it (there has to be some carrot on the stick for that game) and the rng in farming dungeons in Seasons for targeted gear is in Diablo.
But in an sub based MMO,that you buy expansions?!?it has no place.Yes we had it on some levels with random drops in raid's,dungeons and world drops.
But since WoD its waaaaay to mutch all over the place,will your item tf,wf,mount in paragon bags,and now with quest's will it be the gear you need.Not to mention the removal of PL so you cant even gear people properly in guilds.

It is getting out of hands seing where ever i go the game has some kind of rng system in place of that system,this is turning into a slot machine.I am perfectly fine with time gating and stretching the content,but having also an rng system where you cant een target anything in the game is god awful.
Diablo is a game about loot and if that's not obvious enough even one of the senior devs said it at blizzcon, that's the essence of the game and i'm sure many of the people who complain about the Diablofication of WoW would like it.

Every time i see a post regarding BiS gear or that raiding gear isn't good enough i think of a person who plays the game like it's Diablo, but WoW deviated from that model and they don't like it.
World of Diablocraft: Battle for RNG
Stop crying.. You get just as much gold as you did back in the actually you get more.. Getting a 370 helm is not something you deserve for doing a wq.. its something you god awfull snowflakes cried untill you got.
The RNG loot system is terrable the fact cratables are also RNG is unforgivable how many people will quit after 100+ hours of grinding Matts Clearing LFR +Normal x10 just for Sanguicell

putting 1000+ items in the scrapper which takes ages and cost you about 40K in lost gold.

The end result has a 50% chance to be worthless 45% chance to be ok and 5% what you actually wanted.

The crafting system is designed to make people quit.
13/10/2018 11:40Posted by Fréyã
Stop crying.. You get just as much gold as you did back in the actually you get more.. Getting a 370 helm is not something you deserve for doing a wq.. its something you god awfull snowflakes cried untill you got.

Check me ive done hc on this and my war a few times each and never got any az gear bar chests and duplicate chests... i think i fking deserve the 370s from chest.... i farm for my !@#$ as u can see most my gear is mythic 10 crap i just have dog crap luck while plebs tf everything and cant dps for %^-*...
13/10/2018 11:40Posted by Fréyã
Getting a 370 helm is not something you deserve for doing a wq.. its something you god awfull snowflakes cried untill you got.

What are you talking about,gold where in the hell did i ever said something regarding gold.
Also i am 366ilvl equiped and 368 with some Holy stuff in my bag.Got Heroic and mutiple +9 clears.
I see you are 360 ilvl and 1 heroic kill talking to people about snowflakes.Get a grip and chek before you post.

13/10/2018 12:35Posted by Bowselecta
The RNG loot system is terrable the fact cratables are also RNG is unforgivable how many people will quit after 100+ hours of grinding Matts Clearing LFR +Normal x10 just for Sanguicell

It is horrible i need 250 for the 385 ilvl witch will have also RNG stats on it,so id have to Salavage for Sanguicel and untill i get the stats i need.
RNG from the weekly mythic chest,no metter where i look its rng involved.Horrible..at least in Diablo you are not paying for sub and is the fundation of the system.

13/10/2018 11:32Posted by Serious
World of Diablocraft: Battle for RNG

Exactly.
The ridiculous amount of RNG prevented Legion from being an excellent expansion. BFA has far less to offer in terms of content and gameplay, making the RNG problem a lot more obvious.
Most of the people hate RNG but somehow blizz fail to see that and add more. Even if i want to get warfront tier 3 set there is RNG. At first i thought it will be something similar to mage tower skins but no its RNG that you can do once a month...
I totally agree, I think we should get the best gear when we hit 120 so we don't actually have to play the game. That would be so awesomeeeee.
Diablo at least vomits a !@#$ ton of new pants at you On a regular basis with the expectation that at least one of them will eventually be able to replace your current, heavily skid-marked but dependable pair.

It works for Diablo because of the shear volume of drop instances that can be generated by constantly playing.

It does not work for World of Warcraft because of the instance-/time- gating and the requirement to partake in difficult group play.

If the emissary quest drops %^-*, you can't just do it again to try and get the item again. You have to wait a week until it turns up again. If it turns up again. Same with Conquest and Weekly Chest - 1 chance per week at something useful.

Raids, PvP and Dungeons (M+) all require you to co-operate with other people. Not always bad but it means that you can't quite just bash your way through the same content as you might have solo. Plus the team content is difficult and raids have lock-outs. So again, once per week.

RNG is not healthy gameplay. If means some people are getting !@#$ all reward for their efforts. Blizz might say that RNG gives a better feeling of happiness when it gives you something but that is at the cost of feeling utterly %^-* when it doesnt!

RNG needs to be reeled in. People are getting fantastic gear with less effort put in than others.

RNG on a piece of gear dropping.
RNG on a useful gear-slot dropping.
RNG on that piece having useful stats.
RNG on that piece being an upgrade.
RNG on that upgrade being a small bonus or a large bonus.

Too much. This is !@#$. It would be better if people could work for their gear rather than just hoping that fate favours them!
13/10/2018 15:28Posted by Voidprällen
I totally agree, I think we should get the best gear when we hit 120 so we don't actually have to play the game. That would be so awesomeeeee.

Before trying to undermind my post,inspect me first then post,makes you look lazy.Same as i tried to explain Fréyã.It's not impressive but its still higher then you.Also it scales the emisary wq azarite gear i have a 357 hunter and he has a 355ilvl reward.(so i asume 360 is the limit for 370 peaces)

13/10/2018 15:36Posted by Khyrneken
Too much. This is !@#$. It would be better if people could work for their gear rather than just hoping that fate favours them!

I sign everything..there is no clear sight of what to do,every system now has some sort of rng in it.Regardin profesion crafted items,m+ (chest),will it tf,wf,the PL is complete rng..and i could continue.
Don't need to inspect someone to disagree with a topic. You wanted a super easy to get upgrade and didn't get it. You'll have another chance within a week or so. So who cares.
But OP is not asking for easy gear or easy upgrades. He feels that people should get rewarded based on the level of effort they put into the game.

A recent 120 getting a stream of useful drops and upgrades the first time he touches each tier of end game content isn't very fair on those people who have done weeks of content and are still getting !@#$ downgrades on the same slot every time.

And that's the thing! It's scary but my RNG has seen me get the same gear-slot multiple times while other slots that desperately need an upgrade never get replaced!

RNG should not be the main source of progress. Luck should never determine progression. It would be better if gear could be worked towards with tokens or specific content for specific items. Upgrades should be available through currency as we saw by the end of WoD.

RNG should be about finish early, rather than finishing at all. An RNG drop or upgrade should be a bonus to progression rather than the only method. If you get a needed gear-slot drop then that RNG luck should enable you to save up loot currency for a different piece.

Upgrade RNG should save you having to spend on upgrading yourself. Either giving you 1, 2 or 3 tiers.

Blizzard has forced RNG because they focused on the excitement of getting a gamble drop and being able to use it immediately. They refuse to consider the feeling of utter crappyness that overshadows the gamble excitement which occurs more often when you don't get gear or someone else does, despite both of you putting in effort.
13/10/2018 16:17Posted by Khyrneken
But OP is not asking for easy gear or easy upgrades. He feels that people should get rewarded based on the level of effort they put into the game.

Exactly,was for a second worried i worded my initial post wrong and people are not getting my point.

13/10/2018 16:17Posted by Khyrneken
Blizzard has forced RNG because they focused on the excitement of getting a gamble drop and being able to use it immediately. They refuse to consider the feeling of utter crappyness that overshadows the gamble excitement which occurs more often when you don't get gear or someone else does, despite both of you putting in effort.

Uhh this is some proper wording.And yes the shear amount we are seing it in the game,be that you are raider,m+,pvp,collector no matter what part of the player base they are trying to hit that "gambling" factor in.
As i said,i dont mind timegated stuff,i really dont.But this is just so exusting to deal with no metter where i go if i want to gear up.
I was watching Preach's stream recently and he said also he misses the linear gearing progression in the game,with no rng factor in it(like in the old day's),something you also touched in couple of your paragraphs Khyrneken.
Blizzard want to hold onto your subscription for as long as possible. Hence the time-gating and RNG-gating on progressing through story and content.

They worry that people will complete content quickly, burnout on repetition and drop the subscription.

But what they fail to understand is that it is their own content set-up that "requires" this negative gating.

Instead of stutter-step "maybe, maybe not" progression, Blizzard could focus on Dynamic End Game. Instead of static repetitive content, they could give us player-led content and a more alive world.

End Game does not have to be solely instanced and providing players with the means to produce their own narrative. Zone events, challenges or even waging this so-called War can all work.

Open-World capture points seen in Outland and Southern Pandaria should come back. All over Azeroth. Give them benefits. Give them mechanics to avoid capture. Let players wage the War between Horde and Alliance properly.

If you add player-led content, where what can or must be done is based off of player actions rather than the game telling or "allowing you to do it in a rigid structure, then you have far less burn-out because the content is no-longer the same each time.

ANYWAY, might have gone on a bit there. What I mean to say is;

Linear, step-by-step, effort-based progress should be the main form of progression.

RNG should be a bonus not a requirement.

End Game should not be gated behind luck.

Time-gating should only be used for large pieces of content. Not to slice up tiny slivers to painfully draw out a small bit of story.

Dynamic End Game and a Living, Reactive World should be implemented as an addition to combat burn-out from the current repetitive instanced content. This will remove the need for such heavy negative slowdown on actually getting to the End.

Removal of negative slowdowns such as mandatory RNG then allows players to progress through their own effort. GG!
Also it scales the emisary wq azarite gear i have a 357 hunter and he has a 355ilvl reward.(so i asume 360 is the limit for 370 peaces)

it must be 365 or something.
I did it with 362 equipped and reward was also 355
the rng and randomness of items actually works really well in diablo i think personally :P.

it has no real place in this game though
13/10/2018 18:24Posted by Noctus
it must be 365 or something.
I did it with 362 equipped and reward was also 355

I think you are right,some people from the guild also confirmed it.
13/10/2018 15:17Posted by Rezista
The ridiculous amount of RNG prevented Legion from being an excellent expansion. BFA has far less to offer in terms of content and gameplay, making the RNG problem a lot more obvious.

Its also more likely to get your bis legendaries and faster in legion than getting bis azerite pieces
Also im sitting with 340 shoulders for idk how many weeks now clearing heroic every week and rolling and killing bosses doing stuff