Raider.io addon and wow

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
27/10/2018 17:53Posted by Khíll
because of the addon raider.io i cannot get invited to anything above 7+ because i havent spammed dungeons mythic+ to get that score up. my current score is only 370

You can get invited to low groups and push.
If you are decent and persistent you will get a score and will be able to proceed.
If you only tried once or twice and failed that does not mean you could never get invited.

This will also be the combination of your class' usefulness on that particular week as well as your RIO. Do not blame an addon that makes life nice and easy for many and help people form high skill groups easier.

Blame the players who are ignorant.

In the meantime, I encourage you to read up on paths and learn the dungeons as much as you can. Do as well as you can. You will be playing at a level as your skill is eventually - and if you are not quite reliable and consistent with your play that will show in RIO.

If you are good you will get better score so do not stress too much about not getting 1k+ IMMEDIATELY in the first week! :)

I do think Blizzard cloud publish all runs and have a more open scoring system so we would not need to struggle with the current limitations of the API. This would create a transparent system and shine light on who is good but may not have the time to squeeze in their 7/10+s and who is simply just not great at the game.

As an end note to this. Have you considered joining a Guild? :)
It can help you join groups and start gathering friends of your same skill level to improve together. It is an MMO after all so social interactions make more then half of the fun in the game.
27/10/2018 19:03Posted by Arenko
Imagine, the addon disappears. It's gone. So, why should I invite you then to my group?

Because its a multiplayer game and it,s part of the frigging game, Its that attitude that someone has to have some form of "resume" or before joining a PuG run that is destroying the game.

I remember back in TBC when you had to communicate with people to actually get into a group for Heroic Dungeons and being polite and being an !@# would get you a reputation which in turn would get you rejected from group requests.

When now its "Show me your IO. score or some other form of shyt.e" before joining a group.

The game has completely lost it,s multiplayer social element and exists more like a single player bastardization of a multiplayer game, All they need to do is add a way to get your followers to become bots or controllable inside Dungeons and/or Raids and make it a completely single player game anyway.
Ban all addons
Im starting to get sick with all these raiderio cries. Simply join a guild with active players and then start doing m+.
I never even checked my raiderio score and im a dps.

If you're casual player then join a casual guild there are plenty of them in the game. Should be no problem finding a group. If you cant find a group while being in big guild there's something wrong with you.
29/10/2018 18:39Posted by Showmee
Im starting to get sick with all these raiderio cries. Simply join a guild with active players and then start doing m+.

If you're casual player then join a casual guild there are plenty of them in the game. Should be no problem finding a group. If you cant find a group while being in big guild there's something wrong with you.

The problem with big guilds is that they tend to develop their "cliques" and if you are the new guy good luck in trying to get into a M+ group there, It would be the equivalent of being the new kid in school and walking up to a random person on the 1st day and saying "Would you be my friend?" bit weird no ?
get some friends on your list, make your own groups, seen this happen in wotlk with gear score.
27/10/2018 18:10Posted by Sariath
27/10/2018 18:08Posted by Khíll
Would get fixed if blizzard disabled that damn addon.

It's but a matter of time, mark my word.

The sooner the better. I used to enjoy m+ in Legion (yes one of the few things) until that pos addon came on the scene, if left unchecked its going to destroy m+ as content that can be enjoyed by the mainstream, not that I like the dungeons in BFA but for future expansions when Blizz get their act back together.

The sooner the better. I used to enjoy m+ in Legion (yes one of the few things) until that pos addon came on the scene, if left unchecked its going to destroy m+ as content that can be enjoyed by the mainstream, not that I like the dungeons in BFA but for future expansions when Blizz get their act back together.

27/10/2018 18:15Posted by Dommina
Tired of not getting into M+ runs?
Tired of scrubs in your M+ runs?

Well wait no more! Blizzards new product is fresh on the shelves!

*drumroll*

GUILDS! No more do you have to despair about your M+ runs, you can join like minded individuals and do runs at your pace in a relaxed friendly atmosphere.

BONUS FEATURE! You can get cool tabards to show your logo and give the guild a custom name.

Lots of guilds don't bother with m+, I'm in a couple of them now. And those that do generally have their m+ 'team' so you need to get a bit lucky if you want to complete m+ on a regular basis. Making your own groups won't work with pugs if you have low rio, yes there are exceptions but that is the general rule.

No, it’s a decent addon if used right. Makes finding players with experience in key completion for +10s so much better.
Im reading, if I understand correctly, that R.io, an addon that I wouldn't use, has all my information even if I would never download an addon..

WTH do they have my name and address too...Blizz ban it

BAN all addons

ty
30/10/2018 02:27Posted by Ylie
Im reading, if I understand correctly, that R.io, an addon that I wouldn't use, has all my information even if I would never download an addon..

BAN all addons

ty

I'd advise you to read it again. Or better yet: you should probably look it up to see for yourself
30/10/2018 02:27Posted by Ylie

BAN all addons

ty

What a textbook example of someone too ignorant to even try to understand what r.io is about or how it works.

Are you playing the game? Then you agreed to Blizzards ToS and they can give away any data generated ingame. Be it your name, m+ you do or whatever. And every single detail r.io shows is taken from the OFFICIAL AND NOT PRIVATE m+ leaderboard. Which is, what a suprise, open for everyone to look at. People can look that stuff up with or without r.io.
r.io just makes it a lot faster and more convienient.
Get a guild.
Problem solved.

No really, this is an MMO. So get a bloody guild.
29/10/2018 19:17Posted by Dribb
29/10/2018 18:39Posted by Showmee

The problem with big guilds is that they tend to develop their "cliques" and if you are the new guy good luck in trying to get into a M+ group there, It would be the equivalent of being the new kid in school and walking up to a random person on the 1st day and saying "Would you be my friend?" bit weird no ?
^This guy has PhD in making excuses
Calm Keystone EU community.
27/10/2018 18:21Posted by Ájmage
What happened to your key? Did you lost it by any chance? Or is it just simply not on a level you feel like you could play?

cuz sitting in LFG for 2hours waiting for tank is so much fun when you want to push your +8 key
Blizzard needs to limit their api fo third party. They allow way too much stuff to be queried. I wish I could make my account private
The community will ALWAYS find a way of measuring how good of a player you may or may not be.
In classic there was inspecting your char in the city
in WotLK there was Gear Score / Link Achievement
Then it was ilevel
Then it was raider.io

If Raider.io is removed today, something new will have emerged tomorrow.

This has always been a player-driven "problem", not Blizzard-driven.
29/10/2018 17:16Posted by Dribb
27/10/2018 19:03Posted by Arenko
Imagine, the addon disappears. It's gone. So, why should I invite you then to my group?

Because its a multiplayer game and it,s part of the frigging game, Its that attitude that someone has to have some form of "resume" or before joining a PuG run that is destroying the game.

I remember back in TBC when you had to communicate with people to actually get into a group for Heroic Dungeons and being polite and being an !@# would get you a reputation which in turn would get you rejected from group requests.

When now its "Show me your IO. score or some other form of shyt.e" before joining a group.

The game has completely lost it,s multiplayer social element and exists more like a single player bastardization of a multiplayer game, All they need to do is add a way to get your followers to become bots or controllable inside Dungeons and/or Raids and make it a completely single player game anyway.

The game has grown since Vanilla. There is a casual side of it, as it was back then too (hope you're not claiming people were clearing BWL and Naxx in friendly pugs made with random people picked from the bank roof in Orgrimmar) and there is a challenging side of it - also how it's always been, that always required some form of proof of experience. Were you getting recruited in Naxx raiding guilds back in Vanilla by simple request? I daresay you didn't. I didn't play back then, but I sure wasn't getting recruited by BT guilds in TBC with my Kara exp. That part of the game is very time consuming even for experienced people, so leaving it to complete randomness would make it (back then and now same) impossible. In mythic+, furthermore, there is a timer - so you definitely don't have the time to teach randoms.

If stuff like rio score would get removed, people would just massively decrease running high keys, because the incidence of failed runs would increase (and therefor there would be less high keys available in general) and people will just not take the risk. They will prefer running them with guild or friends. Medium runs would still find a way to filter people, probably by ilev, and choosing people most likely to outgear the place (like raiding pugs happen now). Right now, if you were unlucky with titanforges but you are a good player with a high rio score you have some chances to be accepted, without that, you would be declined for people with more TF luck. Unlike TF, people have some measure of control on their rio score - like run them at the start of reset. I did meet both people with high gear and poor performance and people with mediocre gear and very decent performance - and I'd take the 2nd kind any time. Low keys are not currently particularly influenced by rio, as I rarely saw score requirements on those.

Overall, the popularity of m+ would decrease, both because there would be a lot more failed runs to put people off, less high keys resulting from said failed runs, and a lot of people generally losing motivation without a ladder. Few days ago, when blizzard API was broken in EU and the runs weren't recording, a lot of people just didn't run m+.

That world of "people would consider this a fun game and invite anybody" never existed and never will. Not when you can end up spending 2 hours in a dungeon and not even finish it.