It's a damn meme

Classic Discussion
Now, it's not even nostalgia. It's not nochange. It's a damn meme. That people complain about OPTIONAL graphics improvements, but don't complain about FORCED options UI update.

Just leave it as it is. The right-click reporting could also be a bit adjusted, so it won't kick/ban/silence people because others got mad at them. It's just a game, not America, you shouldn't have to be careful about your every step
I bet Trump will love that right click report a player to silence everyone but himself and then he send WoW-ingame Twitter with #MakesWoWgreatagain
The coming of blizzcon is making at least me crazy. These forums are seeing a lot more activity also. Can't wait what they are going to say on the classic panel and what we are going to find out about the demo.
What's with UI update? Isn't it the same as in vanilla? I didn't see any screenshots of updated UI.

Or were you talking about changed "options" menu?
28/10/2018 14:51Posted by Kuunmaku
The coming of blizzcon is making at least me crazy. These forums are seeing a lot more activity also. Can't wait what they are going to say on the classic panel and what we are going to find out about the demo.

I can't wait to see what they are going to say on the opening ceremony...

28/10/2018 15:31Posted by Агграэль
What's with UI update? Isn't it the same as in vanilla? I didn't see any screenshots of updated UI.

yes, I'm talking about the options menu
28/10/2018 15:31Posted by Агграэль

As far as I can tell, they are not quite done with the UI yet. A lot of it is the modern UI with elements removed that did not exist in Vanilla. You can use the modern raid frames, but some of the features it has are gone. Focus frame is also gone. The achievements tab isn’t available normally, but can be opened through a console command. This will likely be completely inaccessible at launch.

The addon API is the modern one, so many and perhaps all Vanilla addons are unlikely to load.
Please forgive the repost I feel it's entirely relevant in this thread.

My own personal gripe is people that pretend the new models do not conflict with the old on a technical level. They do not function together, bone structures, iconic animations, casting animations, of the old models are replaced by the new. The toggle only changes the skin back which is stretched around the new bone structure and even that was removed on live - how janky and awkward the armour looked on them beggared belief - it breaks the old models/old animations and forces you to use the new animations/new model despite the "toggle."

I could sit here and regurgitate my posts about how that would undermine the goals, principles and objective of this project - to provide a museum piece - to preserve and give a legitimate means to play vanilla but I think that should be obvious to most of you. Blizzard themselves said No Changes. Vanilla means Vanilla.

That's not touching on the water which used to actually hide you if went beneath the surface.
28/10/2018 14:23Posted by Irondverg
Now, it's not even nostalgia. It's not nochange. It's a damn meme. That people complain about OPTIONAL graphics improvements

We must strive to make it an 2004 experience. Keep the graphics like sh1t for everyone. #nochanges
28/10/2018 23:17Posted by Peetah

We must strive to make it an 2004 experience. Keep the graphics like sh1t for everyone. #nochanges

At least the graphics were never as bad as your post history.
Aw yessss some no changers have gone full meme.

You never go full meme.