Dead crowd at Blizzcon

General
02/11/2018 20:20Posted by Dreadwind
This is THE WORST BLIZZCON EVER.

Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure the worst Blizzcon was the one where the biggest announcement was the Wizard reveal for Diablo III and Metzen's Geek is! speech.

If you can't get excited about Warcraft III Reforged, then what kind of interest do you even have in Blizzard?!
02/11/2018 20:15Posted by Jito
02/11/2018 19:52Posted by Michieltjuhh
Awesome? Diablo mobile?

Looking at the Diablo panel right now, it looks pretty sweet. Not a story-focused game, but definitely a game that's true to the fast-paced Diablo hack 'n slash that the franchise is known for.

It's not Diablo IV, but if you were hoping for that, then you were bound to be disappointed. Diablo IV development is in its very early stage right now, so it's at least 3-4 years out in the future. It takes a lot of time to create a triple A game.

Can i play it on my PC? No so i have zero interest in mobile diablo or any other mobile games at all.
The Overwatch stage felt like the liveliest one. Jeff is the only person at Blizzard with social skills so he kept the crowd going. I felt really bad for the guy announcing Diablo on mobile though, he was really thrown off after the cold reaction following the cinematic.
02/11/2018 20:28Posted by Mavys
Can i play it on my PC? No so i have zero interest in mobile diablo or any other mobile games at all.

Not to mention all the money grabbing tactics that mobile games are riddled with. Urf.
02/11/2018 20:14Posted by Aerythlea
02/11/2018 20:09Posted by Ddccbbaa
They lowered the voice of the audience so you could hear the announcer.

This.

Also, there's more stuff to come about World of Warcraft in the World of Warcraft: What's Next panel at 23:30 CET (22:30 GMT) tonight. :)

Yep they lowered it so much you couldn't hear the crowd at all. Well actually you could, for the OW part. Most of the rest of it was DOA.

Aaannnnd any competent sound man would have been hyping the crowd noise in the long, painful pauses where the poor announcers were expecting applause. No dice.

This.

Also, there's more stuff to come about World of Warcraft in the World of Warcraft: What's Next panel at 23:30 CET (22:30 GMT) tonight. :)

Will there be more Diablo stuff though cause this was thorougly disappointing.
If you have had any Activision Blizzard stock bought you better sell fast before you lose all your savings haaaaaahhh.......................
02/11/2018 20:29Posted by Emelae
Jeff is the only person at Blizzard with social skills so he kept the crowd going.

It's sad they lost Ben Brode on the Hearthstone team. That guy's voice litterally sold Hearthstone packs.

But it must also be a tough act. I mean, you pursue a career as an introverted, nerdy game developer, and then you're suddenly expected go up on a stage in front of a giant crowd of people and rolling cameras and deliver a speech that gets people super excited.

I'm glad it's not me :P
02/11/2018 20:30Posted by Vunde
02/11/2018 20:28Posted by Mavys

Not to mention all the money grabbing tactics that mobile games are riddled with. Urf.

That too.

I have to say though blizzard never fails to amaze me i had no expectations at all and still i feel disappointed.
02/11/2018 20:34Posted by Zetioun
If you have had any Activision Blizzard stock bought you better sell fast before you lose all your saving haaaaaahhh.......................

Actually I intend to buy some. As much as I hate the idea of diablo going mobile, that'll probably make a lot of money.
02/11/2018 20:27Posted by Jito
If you can't get excited about Warcraft III Reforged, then what kind of interest do you even have in Blizzard?!

Welp, maybe they already played WC3 to death and would prefer, I don't know, a NEW Warcraft game perhaps?
Diablo anouncement was just a giant middle finger to the entire franchise.

a game for mobile.... RIP
02/11/2018 20:29Posted by Emelae
The Overwatch stage felt like the liveliest one. Jeff is the only person at Blizzard with social skills so he kept the crowd going. I felt really bad for the guy announcing Diablo on mobile though, he was really thrown off after the cold reaction following the cinematic.

Plus hero announcement in overwatch are a pretty hype thing anyway
I expected nothing and was disappointed.
02/11/2018 20:55Posted by Kubuntu
I expected nothing and was disappointed.

VERY VERY TRUE, that is an achievement blizzard
02/11/2018 20:43Posted by Anaisha

Welp, maybe they already played WC3 to death and would prefer, I don't know, a NEW Warcraft game perhaps?

While I wouldn't mind Warcraft 3 in crispier graphics (Hopefully not in the Starcraft 2 textures though, because honestly the simpler graphics style WC3 has really makes the game looks beautiful in its own right), I certainly do think a new entry would be pretty welcome.

Though considering World of Warcraft is the crowning leader of the whole Warcraft story, it'd be pretty hard to make a Warcraft RTS with an untapped story arch.
02/11/2018 20:20Posted by Dreadwind
This is THE WORST BLIZZCON EVER.

Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure the worst Blizzcon was the one where the biggest announcement was the Wizard reveal for Diablo III and Metzen's Geek is! speech.

I kid you not. You can't even compare. Diablo fans are raging beyond oblivion, new charity pet for WoW (xDDD) and a new SC2 mod called W3 Regorged.

I mean you can fanboy Blizz as hard as you can, the majority has spoken.

This.

I'm no expert but I think I can very well make the difference between a crowd reacting in cheers, and then the same crowd barely or not reacting at all. Why didn't they "lower" the voice in the former case ?
I still liked new OW hero, Wow Cinematic and of course WC3. Also Diablo mobile why not give it a try?