Good bye Old Friend! Thanks for the Fun

General
Couple of TL:DR before I start:

-No you can't have my stuff.
-Yes this is yet another "I Un-subed post"

With the usual's out of the way here I go....

So my subscription runs out Tomorrow and for the first time I felt like I wanted to say good bye, probably because for the first time I actually think I might not be coming back (I was one of those guys that used to leave a message on the "why are you leaving?" text box of the unsubscription form saying "No worries guys! i love you and Ill probably be back soon and if not I will be playing some of your other great games like Diablo, Star craft, etc!".

I was the definition of a Fanboy of Blizzard, as many of you I grew up playing their games, I started back in the 90's with the old Diablo 1 and SCI on windows 95, then WCIII and then a massive WoW fan from the beginning none stop.

I bought everything blizzard ever produced (Even overwatch despite of my dislike of FPS games and me been a 36 years old gamer with significantly slower reaction that the younger kids, I bought Diablo II with my own money from washing cars on my neighbourhood ).

I have been so emotionally invested with some of this games that the music, story and cinematic of some of what blizzard has done are deeply ingrained on my mind and send shivers down my spine, Diablo's Tristam music and phrases like "East... Always to the East ...". Grom's final sacrifice freeing the orcs from Manoroths blood, The wrath gate, and most recently Zerathul's final moments.

So I am not going to end this saying all that should be done or could be done.or how much is wrong or do's and do not's, all I have to say is Thanks for all the good times Blizz! I think probably an old gamer like me is no longer your intended market and it makes sense that you want to target the younger generations hopefully to bring them as much joy as you once brought to me

Lok'tar ogar!, Adun Toridas! Thanks for all the tons of hours of joy and fun!

Good Bye Old Friend!
Jorge
see you in 8.1 :P
Wish I had a dime for every thread like this.

Man, nobody gives a damn, unsub and leave, which 90% of you peeps didnt even do.
06/11/2018 18:34Posted by Zhorgar

Those quitters are really egoistic nowadays, don't you think?? :(
Bye !
only read tl;dr lol
06/11/2018 18:34Posted by Zhorgar
Couple of TL:DR before I start:

-Yes this is yet another "I Un-subed post"

With the usual's out of the way here I go....

So my subscription runs out Tomorrow and for the first time I felt like I wanted to say good bye, probably because for the first time I actually think I might not be coming back (I was one of those guys that used to leave a message on the "why are you leaving?" text box of the unsubscription form saying "No worries guys! i love you and Ill probably be back soon and if not I will be playing some of your other great games like Diablo, Star craft, etc!".

I was the definition of a Fanboy of Blizzard, as many of you I grew up playing their games, I started back in the 90's with the old Diablo 1 and SCI on windows 95, then WCIII and then a massive WoW fan from the beginning none stop.

I bought everything blizzard ever produced (Even overwatch despite of my dislike of FPS games and me been a 36 years old gamer with significantly slower reaction that the younger kids, I bought Diablo II with my own money from washing cars on my neighbourhood ).

I have been so emotionally invested with some of this games that the music, story and cinematic of some of what blizzard has done are deeply ingrained on my mind and send shivers down my spine, Diablo's Tristam music and phrases like "East... Always to the East ...". Grom's final sacrifice freeing the orcs from Manoroths blood, The wrath gate, and most recently Zerathul's final moments.

So I am not going to end this saying all that should be done or could be done.or how much is wrong or do's and do not's, all I have to say is Thanks for all the good times Blizz! I think probably an old gamer like me is no longer your intended market and it makes sense that you want to target the younger generations hopefully to bring them as much joy as you once brought to me

Lok'tar ogar!, Adun Toridas! Thanks for all the tons of hours of joy and fun!

Good Bye Old Friend!
Jorge

Ok bye then
Nobody cares.
Lol @ the responses. This community...is something else.
06/11/2018 19:07Posted by Shannevy

No wonder long time players are leaving the rat, snake, troll invested cadaver of what remains.

There are less and less of these, because people's subs are running out.
06/11/2018 19:11Posted by Jalisco

No wonder long time players are leaving the rat, snake, troll invested cadaver of what remains.

Show me some data...
06/11/2018 18:39Posted by Gorewolf
Man, nobody gives a damn, unsub and leave, which 90% of you peeps didnt even do.

Sheesh, you guys are mean.
06/11/2018 19:25Posted by Canabal
06/11/2018 18:39Posted by Gorewolf

Sheesh, you guys are mean.

you misspelled "Thank you guys for teaching him a free life lesson"
why is it always people we never heard of that makes these posts? i would feel more emotional if it was a regular player of the forums.
06/11/2018 19:30Posted by Penya
why is it always people we never heard of that makes these posts? i would feel more emotional if it was a regular player of the forums.

If it was me people would paye me to leave :P
06/11/2018 19:11Posted by Jalisco
06/11/2018 19:07Posted by Shannevy

There are less and less of these, because people's subs are running out.

To be fare is kind of expected, guys read thread after thread after thread like this every day and they do have a point in a way "no on cares", my guild disbanded some weeks ago so no one is going to be affected directly by me leaving in any way, Blizz don't usually read these forums much less the EU one and something they definitely don't do above else is to bother with "I unsub" posts =P.

The normal forum comer still cares enough for the game to actively try to participate and give feedback and suggestions and fight to try to make the game good (on their own vision of what "good means"). Reading some one giving up is not what they are coming to the forums too =), so I understand their position.

So no hard feelings, they are right in their on way, I use to be on the same side as them (Although I did add the TL:DR first to save some the trouble), I just realise this kind of posts are a way for some one to say "ok is probably a good idea you let go and stop caring so much about this", or at least is what I think it means to me.

But thanks for the good vibes and good byes!
Yawn....Move along.
This thread itself shows what WoW has become....a playground for toxic kids, highschool-dropout burger flippers and mentals.

I congratulate you to your decision OP, just make sure you don't get tempted again, best thing you could do is log in to any server and sport some nasty WW2 stuff to make sure your acc gets perma'd.

All things come to an end, sadly, now it's the time of WoW and Blizzard Entertainment. Metzen left for a reason (a real reason not BS he allegedly told sites like ''Kotaku'') so did Morhaime. They know their company is a sinking ship (sunk by Activision) from here on it's shallow, fast-paced crap games, quick cash grabs, and target audience of ~14 year olds.

I largely feel the same as you, I too am 36 year olds ('82 *high five), my first Blizzard experience was Warcraft 2 on my dads PC (actually it was Rock'n Roll Racing for Snes but naturally I didn't have a clue about that as a kid), followed by Starcraft, and then oh my god, Diablo 2.

Played the !@#$ out of it with all my friends on Lan parties and in battle.net. So much fun, you still had the old Blizzard interaction with their community and playerbase, you just felt ''at home''. You felt that you are playing 101% inhumane quality, and that you were treated not as a paying customer but a member of the family.

If I compare that to today......I',m almost crying. And no, it's not nostalgia googles.

And to answer the inevitable ''lol why u sub then ?????'' question, only reason I'm subbed is to pass some time till Classic. However, if I get the feeling that Classic will be or is just another 2018 iPhone zombie game then I'm out for good.
06/11/2018 21:46Posted by Riyana

I largely feel the same as you, I too am 36 year olds ('82 *high five), my first Blizzard experience was Warcraft 2 on my dads PC (actually it was Rock'n Roll Racing for Snes but naturally I didn't have a clue about that as a kid), followed by Starcraft, and then oh my god, Diablo 2.

Played the !@#$ out of it with all my friends on Lan parties and in battle.net. So much fun, you still had the old Blizzard interaction with their community and playerbase, you just felt ''at home''. You felt that you are playing 101% inhumane quality, and that you were treated not as a paying customer but a member of the family.

'82 my bro! SCII / WCIII Lan Party 10pm to 6am! most LoL and Dota2 Kids don't even know where it all started.

Thanks for reminding me of Classic, now I do understand the appeal for it, is for us old folks! so who knows I might see you there when it comes out!