Leveling FIX! coming in 8.1

General
1 2 3 6 Next
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288495/experience-required-to-level-reduced-in-8-1-ptr-build-28366

Seems we're back in business!
Finally leveling is back as it should be.

Edit: For those that don't like opening links, they're massively reducing XP required to hit a level between 20-110. This should be implemented with 8.1 patch.
Also we get a leveling elixir that gives us extra 10% xp as can be seen from that link.
judging from the other thread its only 22.3% i guess it's something though a few hours off of the over all playtime to reach 120
07/11/2018 17:07Posted by Pixelbear
judging from the other thread its only 22.3% i guess it's something though a few hours off of the over all playtime to reach 120

I think it's perfect, reduces amount required to level up, while still keeping leveling relevant, just look at 60-80, near 40% xp required reduction.
This is really generous of Blizzard. I like leveling, but especially the 60-80 range is spirit-breaking. I am very glad that they've decided to shorten it again, even after shortening it a bit a month or two ago.
yeah will wait and see personally tho my sub runs out before 8.1 ... i will wait and see if the leveling is back to good standard after the patch is out .. however still doesn't solve the problem which is making leveling quicker now only makes people reach 120 quicker .. and there is not much to do at 120 until patch 8.2 casual wise (bfa content) and that patch is up to 6+ months away yet ... you'll end up with people with multiple alts but nothing to do on them lol.

6 months to get all alts to 120 though, it took less than 6 months to do that before the leveling buff ... i don't get why the leveling change in 8.1 and not wait until 8.2 where it would be useful ?
07/11/2018 17:13Posted by Pixelbear
don't get why the leveling change in 8.1 and not wait until 8.2 where it would be useful ?

Don't give them ideas.
I'm on my phone so can't click the link but I'd say even 22.3% is a big chunk as it's nearly a quarter.

And if 60 - 80 is really reduced by 40% then that is gonna make a massive difference to the part people struggle with most. Good on blizz for listening and doing something even if we have to wait 6 weeks for it to be implemented.
continuation from my previous comment i guess it give everyone chance to level all classes and do the war story up till 8.2 .. this is a good thing i'm not denying that hell i would be even tempted to do that .. then take a break until 8.2
'Fix' People are so amazingly dense.

You hideous crybabies who hate levelling will NEVER be happy unless they are always reducing the XP needed. In a year's time you'll be moaning about how long it takes. You know, because it takes any time at all.

I can see it now, in 5 years time it takes 5 hours to hit level 140, and people like you will be complaining "UUhh five HOURS, I can't deal with that eternity."

When you want a new alt, you shouldn't just be given it, you actually have to put some time and investment in. "I want a new character; but I don't want to do what's required to get it." Then you don't get the character.
Every time they concede to the crybabies, the value of characters reduces.
Just how long to reach cap is 'fixed'? You know considering on live is a fraction of what it was in vanilla (1-60 only as well) suggests they've rather listened too much to the likes of you. It ALREADY is ridiculous how little time you get in each continent.

The most irrational always have the loudest voices.
You ppl are so .. yea it's just not fast enough storming tru 2-3 expansion of content in a !@#$%^- day huh
i would resub in december to level all the classes .. but generally i spend most of december getting fat drinking myself to death and watching the yogcast charity live streams.
07/11/2018 17:25Posted by Ecchì
2-3 expansion of content

The content starts at 120.

That's 10-14 hours off from the total, rather generous. Called it though, no matter if they reduce the time it takes, people will keep moaning about it as long as it takes over 2 hours.

The fix on 60-80 is good, but it still doesn't make leveling more fun than it is now. Not sure if anyone is really winning here.
07/11/2018 17:21Posted by Daecimus

Just how long to reach cap is 'fixed'? You know considering on live is a fraction of what it was in vanilla (1-60 only as well) suggests they've rather listened too much to the likes of you.

They've already announced the release date for classic servers. If you love that old leveling so much, show the patience you recommend us to have while leveling and wait for classic servers instead of trying to ruin current WoW with your nostalgia reeking ideas.
07/11/2018 17:27Posted by Keydiam
07/11/2018 17:25Posted by Ecchì
2-3 expansion of content

The content starts at 120.

Yet people are unsubsrcibing allegedly enmasse because there's nothing to do at 120. We have daily threads about lack of content.
07/11/2018 17:30Posted by Thedice

That's 10-14 hours off from the total, rather generous. Called it though, no matter if they reduce the time it takes, people will keep moaning about it as long as it takes over 2 hours.

The fix on 60-80 is good, but it still doesn't make leveling more fun than it is now. Not sure if anyone is really winning here.

agree and thank you to blizzard for making this change :) , perhaps you gave me reason to play the game next month ;)

EDIT: nah i cant keep lying to myself .. this change is good but it doesn't really change the fact there is nothing to do still so i wont be resubbing .
Hey if you like slow leveling take off those heirlooms, I myself am altoholic with nearly 20 characters, and I'll be sure to level some goblins and zandalari too once these changes hit the shelves.
07/11/2018 17:33Posted by Skyrha
Hey if you like slow leveling take off those heirlooms

Ah, the "play with Guitar Hero controller if you like challenge" argument. I'll counter with "if you like fast leveling, just farm the gold for token".
'Fix' People are so amazingly dense.

You hideous crybabies who hate levelling will NEVER be happy unless they are always reducing the XP needed. In a year's time you'll be moaning about how long it takes. You know, because it takes any time at all.

When you want a new alt, you shouldn't just be given it, you actually have to put some time and investment in. "I want a new character; but I don't want to do what's required to get it." Then you don't get the character.
Every time they concede to the crybabies, the value of characters reduces.
Just how long to reach cap is 'fixed'? You know considering on live is a fraction of what it was in vanilla (1-60 only as well) suggests they've rather listened too much to the likes of you. It ALREADY is ridiculous how little time you get in each continent.

The most irrational always have the loudest voices.

Personally, levelling is my favourite part of the game actually. I like doing quests and even have areas I will go back and re do on every alt (eastern plaguelands being one) as well as finding places I've skipped/missed or rushed through.

However, outland has always been a migraine for me, literally that whole zone is a trigger for them to me and now I can go straight to northrend for a glorious 20 levels.... yeah it's not good and speeding u 60 to 80 is a smart move (although if they take my idea to give 10 levels for 1 quest that consists of nuking the entire outlands I'll take that too)

And believe me this character is 1 of many I have a 120 a 110 a 104 and a few 20 and under waiting to level next and I will eventually get more and level them. It doesn't mean I can't also like the fact that they are speeding up the levelling process, especially in the 60 - 80 sticky zone. Less people will purchase boosts if levelling is quicker/smoother too.
The only levelling fix that would encourage me to ever do questing again would be the removal of scaling completely. Just don't understand why they don't give us the option. My guess is that all these guys blabbing on about how they love scaling would probably swap over to the old system if it were an option. The zones are so meaningless now, along with crafting and drops from mobs and the like. Pretty much destroyed the meaning of zones and expansions. Just nonsense.

By the way I have no problems with mobs being hard. They can make them as hard as they like. But there should be a recognised level relationship to the zone. And further, level differences in mobs as you progress through zones. You talk of relevance.... It's not relevant to the structure of the story in Ghostlands to be able to go the last and final quest area at Level 10 and compete with players who are Level 60. Time was that the zone graded from 10 to 20 and gave a sense of progression. There is no sense of adventure, exploration, danger or progression. They basically chucked the baby out with the bath water with scaling.

Right now you can go anywhere in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms at level 40. If none of you can see the problem with that then sorry. None of the quests have ANY relevance what so ever to your level. The game was never designed that way. Also getting quests for Pandaria at the start of Cata...... beeeeeonkers. Hate it.

You can colour it any way you want but its a game gone mad. Classic just can't come quick enough so I can finally chuck this nonsense in the recycle bin. And trust me... that is exactly where it is going. One thing I hope is that I don't meet any 'scalers' in Classic, or 'loomers' and motorbikes... Geeeeshhh!!