Leveling FIX! coming in 8.1

General
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Think this is done properly, if anything I would make normal outdoor mobs a bit more dangerous in terms of damage dealing.
Those are some impressive leveling buffs in the 55 - 80 ranges.

Maybe I'll finally level that Dark Iron Dorf.
Thank you Blizzard! Hopefully we’ll be getting back to pre-7.3.5 levelling, if not faster in terms of speed.

I’ll hold off leveling my Mag’har and Dark Irons until then.
07/11/2018 17:21Posted by Daecimus
'Fix' People are so amazingly dense.

You hideous crybabies who hate levelling will NEVER be happy unless they are always reducing the XP needed. In a year's time you'll be moaning about how long it takes. You know, because it takes any time at all.

I can see it now, in 5 years time it takes 5 hours to hit level 140, and people like you will be complaining "UUhh five HOURS, I can't deal with that eternity."

When you want a new alt, you shouldn't just be given it, you actually have to put some time and investment in. "I want a new character; but I don't want to do what's required to get it." Then you don't get the character.
Every time they concede to the crybabies, the value of characters reduces.
Just how long to reach cap is 'fixed'? You know considering on live is a fraction of what it was in vanilla (1-60 only as well) suggests they've rather listened too much to the likes of you. It ALREADY is ridiculous how little time you get in each continent.

The most irrational always have the loudest voices.

You hideous crybabies who love leveling will NEVER be happy unless they are always increasing the XP needed. In a year's time you'll be moaning about how little time it takes. You know, because it can't be slow enough.

I can see it now, in 5 years time it takes 5 years to hit level 140, and people like you will be complaining "UUhh five YEARS, I want to deal with it for an eternity."

When you want a new alt, you shouldn't just be given it, you actually have to put years of investment in. "I want a new character; but I don't want it to be over too fast". Then you don't get your character.
Every time they concede to the crybabies, the value of character reduces.
Just how long to reach cap is 'fixed'? You know considering on live is a fraction of what it was in Vanilla (1-60 only as well) suggests they've rather listened too much to the likes of you. It ALREADY is ridiculous how much time you get in each continent.

The most irrational always have the loudest voices.
any changes related to draenor leveling
got a velf hunter at 91
now about that potion of exp how can we get one and are the uses limited to only 1
07/11/2018 17:27Posted by Keydiam
07/11/2018 17:25Posted by Ecchì
2-3 expansion of content

The content starts at 120.

Wrong game
07/11/2018 17:53Posted by Ecchì
07/11/2018 17:27Posted by Keydiam

The content starts at 120.

Wrong game

For people that think otherwise, yes.
Glad to see the solution here is to examine each of the levels and their XP requirements (mostly), rather than just make all levels faster by a single value. It's still a quick fix, and I'd prefer more stuff to do while levelling than number tweaks, but at least now I'm closer to getting my Allied Races to 120 and claiming my heritage armour.

The XP potions are also a nice bonus, but I think they would've been enough without decreasing required experience-per-level to begin with. ^^
so many people without patience at all.
That's a good news tbh.
You ppl are so .. yea it's just not fast enough storming tru 2-3 expansion of content in a !@#$%^- day huh

2-3 expansions of content hahahahahaha what content? Kill 12 gorilla's. Go back and kill the same gorilla's but this time collect it's hide 10x. Now go to the same place and kill the big angry mother gorilla.

No thanks you can keep this content. We pay to play the content that matters.
Listen, spamming frostbolt from level 1 to 100 without your proc isn't fun.

Doing the same quest over and over again isn't fun.

Taking a year in a zone you already cleared isn't fun.

Being undergeared due to the heritage armor nerf isn't fun.
07/11/2018 18:16Posted by Vayth
You ppl are so .. yea it's just not fast enough storming tru 2-3 expansion of content in a !@#$%^- day huh

2-3 expansions of content hahahahahaha what content? Kill 12 gorilla's. Go back and kill the same gorilla's but this time collect it's hide 10x. Now go to the same place and kill the big angry mother gorilla.

Think thats your issue.

For you WoW might only be the latest Patch, for quite a few all Expansions of WoW still matter.
This is so sad...
This is a welcome change.
Oh yes finally!!!
07/11/2018 18:22Posted by Gorewolf
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Think thats your issue.

For you WoW might only be the latest Patch, for quite a few all Expansions of WoW still matter.

Yeah the raids (only the ones that drop mounts and decent tmog) are the only thing that is relevant about old content.

If you believe yourself you'd think, people are making 100s of groups each day to run old content, the world is overflowing with players doing old content, everyone has all old content locked every week etc etc etc

When in reality none of that happens. Twinks are dying out, there are maybe 2 (inactive) guilds that do old content and that is about it. You guys are a minority and you'll have to deal with it. The fact people rather farm gold for ages to turn into tokens then buy a boost or people that rather grind trash mobs over questing, really shows how "amazing" the leveling expierence is. Most people see the horrible, out-dated and irrelevant old zone questing as a chore. And thank god its getting fixed.

Majority of players and their grandma go for the fastest way of leveling, at least through the 20-80 bracket because it's the most outdated, boring and soul crushing part of the entire game and if there was a way to do those levels faster, we would gladly do it.
Happy about the changes, unhappy about how they introduced them - still no choice as to how to do it. Obviously everyone who wants fast leveling (me included), will rejoice with those news, however it takes away the slow leveling that other people like.

And lol @ all the people who couldn't want to come in and hurl insults.
I really hope Blizzard brings out a real fix next expansion. It's making no real difference if you need 3 days or now after the changes 2 days of playtime when it's still so damn boring.
But it's still a welcome bandaid to make leveling less painful.
Wouldn't say it's a fix.. more like a painkiller. A fix would be if they ravamped it and added tons of creativity, then people would be happy even if it took 200 hours to max level.
As for now I'm happy there's at least less stagnation in leveling.