Leveling FIX! coming in 8.1

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
No matter what change is made, someone will always complain, that's how it always was, that how it always will be, I for one am glad I'll spend little less time leveling, which actually gives me incentive to level new characters, rather than sitting in Boralus and thinking whether leveling is worth my time.
Welcome change in my eyes. Although selfishly i’m kinda miffed as my latest allied race is now level 104, so it doesn’t come at the best time for me.

But still awesome news for the future
07/11/2018 19:51Posted by Kooki
All they're really doing is allowing people to rush through it again.

Not really, average time will go from 72h to bit less than 60. It's still a reasonable demand. In the end I expect it to make no difference on the grand scale. Anyone who thinks it's unbearable now will still think the same, it's still over two full days of playing and the content hasn't changed, like you said.
07/11/2018 18:21Posted by Jakali
Listen, spamming frostbolt from level 1 to 100 without your proc isn't fun.

Doing the same quest over and over again isn't fun.

Taking a year in a zone you already cleared isn't fun.

Being undergeared due to the heritage armor nerf isn't fun.

Exaggeration at it's finest.
too little too late,
they shouldn't have nerfed heirlooms
they shouldn't have pruned classes so much they can be played by mobile (5 buttons)
they shouldn't have added ''SCALING'' to zones/mobs
07/11/2018 21:11Posted by Retributor
too little too late,
they shouldn't have pruned classes so much they can be played by mobile (5 buttons)

So leave it as the mess where only viable way is to aoe-farm to max, mindlessly for hours? It was even more boring than 20 hours of the current leveling.

That's not leveling, and if you prefered that then you don't care for leveling at all.
07/11/2018 21:20Posted by Thedice
07/11/2018 21:11Posted by Retributor
too little too late,

So leave it as the mess where only viable way is to aoe-farm to max, mindlessly for hours? It was even more boring than 20 hours of the current leveling.

That's not leveling, and if you prefered that then you don't care for leveling at all.

what are you on about? leveling in cata/mop/wod/legion was ok, great even..
07/11/2018 21:21Posted by Retributor
07/11/2018 21:20Posted by Thedice

Doing dungeons on repeat, mindlessly aoe chainpulling everything? No it wasn't. It was like endgame without the challenge. Questing was the same except without scaling you outleveled zones and their questlines before mid-point.

It was !@#$.
07/11/2018 21:25Posted by Thedice
07/11/2018 21:21Posted by Retributor

Doing dungeons on repeat, mindlessly aoe chainpulling everything? No it wasn't. It was like endgame without the challenge. Questing was the same except without scaling you outleveled zones and their questlines before mid-point.

It was !@#$.

if you outlevelled a zone you go to next zone,

if you did dungeons, you do dungeons now the same, with less xp and less rewards (gear/levl scaling)

aoe chainpuling? did you do a dungeon recently? i did a SFK with my 20 allied void elf. it was aoe chain pulling, with ppl dying and releasing, nobody cares about anything just finish dungeon fast. now you just die more
07/11/2018 21:45Posted by Retributor
if you outlevelled a zone you go to next zone

Yeah, I had you figured for a person who thinks leveling is there just to annoy people until they get to max.

aoe chainpuling? did you do a dungeon recently? i did a SFK with my 20 allied void elf. it was aoe chain pulling, with ppl dying and releasing, nobody cares about anything just finish dungeon fast. now you just die mor

Well, at least you're getting punished for being careless then, as you should in a game.
Oh boy here we go again.. maybe I shouldn't have made this thread. Well even if I did, someone else would've.. These damn pandora boxes.
scaling (and the xp nerfs and mob health bloat that came with it) should've been an optional thing, go to some npc and enable it, like you do with disabling XP gain.
Such a drastic change should never had been enforced to the entirety of the player base.
07/11/2018 19:00Posted by Bedezee
07/11/2018 18:21Posted by Jakali
Listen, spamming frostbolt from level 1 to 100 without your proc isn't fun.

I see complaints like this a lot and it always makes me laugh. If this is how you are levelling, you are doing it so wrong that it SHOULD be horrible. I had no trouble as a frost mage, pulling groups of 5 or so mobs at a time, freezing them, blizzard etc.
Don't blame blizzard if you cba to read your spells.

Litteraly as nothing to do with what i said, Mobs have more Hp they're not harder.

They're longer to kill ofc i can pull 5 mobs ez pz.

But what kind of player would just farm mobs from lvl 1 to 60 ?
Great news!! Cheers Blizz
07/11/2018 18:58Posted by Canticle
Cant wait for all these level whiners to jump in and try classic.

Leveling in classic at least made sense.

- alive outside world ? yes, check
- learning curve ? yes, check
- could actually fail doing a quest ? yes, check
- meet new people while doing quests ? yes, check
- needed to use your brain and read stuff instead of looking for a big circle on your map ? yes, check (for this purpose checking thottbot or early wowhead counts as ''effort'')
Does anyone think this will be retroactive? So if I've levelled to 76 I'll get a few free levels?
07/11/2018 23:49Posted by Dottie
Does anyone think this will be retroactive? So if I've levelled to 76 I'll get a few free levels?

no it wont
07/11/2018 21:49Posted by Thedice
if you outlevelled a zone you go to next zone

Yeah, I had you figured for a person who thinks leveling is there just to annoy people until they get to max.

aoe chainpuling? did you do a dungeon recently? i did a SFK with my 20 allied void elf. it was aoe chain pulling, with ppl dying and releasing, nobody cares about anything just finish dungeon fast. now you just die mor

Well, at least you're getting punished for being careless then, as you should in a game.

look at my level..do i look like i care about max level?

you are a silly orc
go smash and stop trolling
Garbage change.

There's no race to max level, you just get weaker & weaker passed level 110 anyway so why bother? Classes play better between 45-110 than they do until you get to 350+ item level AT MINIMUM.

Heritage armour is basically the only content in this game currently and they're officially welfare just like the new heritage sets for BE/dwarf. Sad.