Suramar in TFT Reforged?

Story
What do you guys think will Blizzard do with Suramar in the Reforged Frozen Throne night elven campaign? Its ruined state has been retconned in Legion and is in no way compatible with current lore. Do you think they will release it as it was or will they change that part of the campaign? Maybe they could simply say that it is a different ruin than Suramar?

With both old and new voiceover being present in the game, I am leaning more towards the former, but I have heard rumors about Blizzard possibly making some changes to the campaigns that go beyond just new maps and unit graphics.

What do you guys think? Will Blizz release something in 2019 that is no longer consistent with the current lore?
The Lore of TFT and WoW dont match on many occasions...

I mean, just look at Illidan, who was killed by Arthas in the last mission, but then suddendly came back to life for TBC.

But what to expect, they cant even keep their own lore going in WoW.

In TBC, Illidan was clearly working with demons of the Burning Legion, hell, his whole Temple was full of demons, but in Legion they kinda hoped that the people who played TBC are no longer around and just claimed Illidan was fighting the demons the whole time...
I love TBC and Outland, but Illidan's lore was horribly screwed. Not that it matters anymore, though, since it has pretty much been retconned too, at least to the point where we only THOUGHT he was the bad guy, even though he was a good guy doing lots of unnecessary evil things. It is simply a mess.

Illidan surviving the duel with Arthas was and still can be easily explained away without altering the game at all - Illidan was simply severely wounded and lost consciousness and Kael'Thas and Vashj carried him back to Outland as they retreated. The new cinematic in Reforged might even show him still breathing after being struck down and no alterations to the gameplay itself would need to be made.

I am simply curious if Blizzard tries to do something about retconns they cannot walk around that easily, like the one with Suramar. They obviously cannot remake the whole thing, but I am curious wheter they will try to bend the original a bit towards the current lore and if so, how much will it intrude on the authentic W3 experience.
Erm, they will just add a dome most likely, and point out the part of the isles visited was not the whole island mass, just 3 parts of it.

And Arthas didnt kill Illidan in TFT, Illidan flees to Outland at the end of TFT and takes itmover
08/11/2018 02:30Posted by Elandril
And Arthas didnt kill Illidan in TFT, Illidan flees to Outland at the end of TFT and takes itmover

Well, its Blizzards Story, and they are free to rewrite it as much as they like it, bit in the ending Cutscene of TFT, Illidan made hislast breath in this puddle of his own blood...

When a Character was just wounded, they always whoed movement in the game. Illidan didnt move. He was dead.
Wouldn't it be enough if they just put this giant purple dome at the rim of the campaign map and call it a day?

There are ruins around the Broken Isles anyway that weren't part of Suramar. Maiev could have been hanging around those.
08/11/2018 08:51Posted by Halasibel
Wouldn't it be enough if they just put this giant purple dome at the rim of the campaign map and call it a day?

There are ruins around the Broken Isles anyway that weren't part of Suramar. Maiev could have been hanging around those.

I always thought that purple shield is only purple inside, but makes you not visible to the outside, and some incident like the cataclysm made it seeable (like uldum)
Haha, seems that the 'creative freedom' has finally caught up with Blizzard... they will find a solution for it though.

I reckon Blizzard will use the old voice files and will no re-record them. And seeing how Maiev is clearly speaking about the ruins of Suramar, it will be hard for them to explain it. Perhaps they'll say that a part of the city was indeed ruined, and that it disappeared for some reason when we, the Adventurers, went to the Broken Isles. Or maybe they'll be 'creative' again and leave any mentioning of Suramar out of it.
Well considering that the isles they where on was the Broken shore in lore then I think it will be alright, beacause Gul'dan didn't raise the whole of the Broken Isles but the Broken Shore only and the Tomb, so it will be alright.
People forget where the Tomb of Sargeras is located: the Broken Shore. That island clearly has a broken bridge leading to mainland Suramar, and the Tomb itself was a night elf temple. It is likely that the Broken Shore was an extension of Suramar city, and before the Legion came and nearly wiped out all traces of it (which you can still find) to make their fortifications, there were enough ruins for Maiev to identify it as part of the city.
Shouldn't the Wardens be at least aware of that giant dome around Suramar actually being there?

I mean... Wardens have had their jail in the closest vicinity of Suramar for 10000 years and they didn't know about it? Some Wardens indeed.
08/11/2018 10:19Posted by Skrauhg
People forget where the Tomb of Sargeras is located: the Broken Shore. That island clearly has a broken bridge leading to mainland Suramar, and the Tomb itself was a night elf temple. It is likely that the Broken Shore was an extension of Suramar city, and before the Legion came and nearly wiped out all traces of it (which you can still find) to make their fortifications, there were enough ruins for Maiev to identify it as part of the city.

That would be a good explanation, let's hope that Blizzard can make the observation themselves, and not just release lore that goes clearly against their own retconns.

08/11/2018 10:42Posted by Halasibel
Shouldn't the Wardens be at least aware of that giant dome around Suramar actually being there?

I mean... Wardens have had their jail in the closest vicinity of Suramar for 10000 years and they didn't know about it? Some Wardens indeed.

Well, in W3, their prison was in northern Kalimdor, not in Azsuna, which was only rediscovered after Maiev followed Illidan there. But I guess the idea that Gul'dan has only raised the Broken Shore could work, however, there is no way Maiev would not notice the bubble, which brings it back to your point. It is things like this that may make people who never played W3 confused as to what is really going on.

And I really hope that Blizzard won't just write it off with a "She was so fanatical about finding Illidan that she didn't care that she discovered a lost night elven civilization and just moved on", although if the old voices are supposed to stay intact, I don't see a lot of options there.

08/11/2018 09:34Posted by Xiaopaw

I always thought that purple shield is only purple inside, but makes you not visible to the outside, and some incident like the cataclysm made it seeable (like uldum)

So Suramar as Wakanda? I like it.
08/11/2018 13:12Posted by Allastra
So Suramar as Wakanda? I like it.

Would solve the WC3 problem without big bending of the story
I also thought the big dome was invisible from outside; it explain how absolutly everyone missed it and it's Magic, so that make sense.
08/11/2018 02:19Posted by Xemeron
In TBC, Illidan was clearly working with demons of the Burning Legion,

He was not working for the legion. Not any more then player warlock is.

How rude, Elyssa here is a Warden! Well, you definitely aren't getting your spaceship back now! We shall inform the Hijackerforged how you think of your allies :P
08/11/2018 16:19Posted by Elyssarain

How rude, Elyssa here is a Warden! Well, you definitely aren't getting your spaceship back now! We shall inform the Hijackerforged how you think of your allies :P

GIVE SHIP BACK.