Still good people out there.

General
I just got the dungeon quest to go to Tol Dagor as part of the Jaina story. As I've mentioned before my eyesight is bad and my guild is dead. I haven't used random LFD since WOD when Everbloom destroyed what little enjoyed I had in dungeons.

So I decided to try an experiment, I started a group in the Premade LFG dungeon section. I called it "Blind player needs help with quests". I planned to do my daily emissary while I waited to see what happened. I thought maybe some player might contact me before I'd done all my WQs.

I went to the ship to check the mission table and by the time I'd sent off one mission I had a ping. Whilst saying hello to this DK who joined I had another ping with two others. While welcoming them another ping.
The group was filled in about ten minutes. They decided to do it on Mythic even though I'm a poorly geared ele shammy with poor eyesight.
We ploughed through it and they kept me on the right track. I did die twice and I'm sure whatever dps I did was pitiful (I don't even have Recount active anymore). They even gave me a bunch of gear.

I shouldn't really be so surprised as most people are friendly and helpful.
I know there are a few more dungeon quests on this story but I'm more hopeful now that I've had a positive experience. I won't be rejoining the regular dungeoneering folk but at least I'm not quite so put-off of dungeons.

I wish the random LFD were so patient and sociable. I feel the same way in real life, when people see my white cane they are always very helpful and I am always very grateful. Sometimes I think I shouldn't need the cane for folk to be so helpful though...

If you were one of those helpful players, thanks again :)
Nice people are everywhere, they just need a sign to point their goodness towards as they too fear the nasty ones.
yesterday i was doing lfr ghuun, mid-fight someone said "kick offline"
i reply "why so we can lock someone outside?"
they did not kick the offliner :)
everyone is capable of good things , there is only a very very small portion of people who are truly bad.

glad you found some helpful folks :) , if i was still playing i would of joined if i saw it.
No worries, there are enough people like that in LFD.

I generally don't start or talk much because I'm an introvert but if people are friendly/or just ask I don't mind talking or helping out.
Hi all!

So I am currently leveling my Paladin and once I got to Azsuna I needed to do Eye of Azshara for the quest, I understand that is not required but it was nice to run a dungeon after leveling for so long. Anyways, I joined a group and right from the start something happened to our healer.

We started to pull and fight without him/her, hoping he/she will come back. Thank gawd for our fast flash heal... After downing 2 bosses without healer, Tank wanted to kick him/her even though I was healing him and others without any issues and dpsing also. Of Course I refused to click yes and thank goodness other's also did the same.

On the last boss healer came back and advised us that his/her apartment got hit by lightning and he/she lost power along with internet. After further conversing with him/her I found out that healer only needed the last boss for a quest similar to mine and that because everyone is mostly doing BFA the queues are even long for healers...

It was very uplifting knowing that we as a group had similar mindset when it came to kicking or not kicking the healer.
For the alliance <3
thats such a nice thing to hear

imho experience there are lovely people everywhere, but here they only appear when you truly ask for/need help
People can be nice. But people can also be dicks. But is any one ever needs help don't be affraid to ask.
people might surprise you more
Bad eyesight, isent there some kind of glass you can use to fix that?
There are glass for ppl who cant see colors, there are for ppl who cant see stuff to far / to near, there are for ppl who dont have a sight at all (some robotic stuff)...so, it cant be all that bad?

When thats is said, i too can be kind to ppl, as long as i understand they need help, but, if i dont see ppl saying stuff like they are new or dont know tact, i simple expect them to know what we are vs or how to use thier class, so, i can totally be a dick aswell to ppl if they play bad without telling me beforhand (tho, thats mostly for PvP, i dont care about bad ppl in PvE, sure it can be anoying to wipe on a boss for a few time, but hey, in PvE you can just tell ppl the tact after a wipe when you figure out they dont know anything, while in PvP you dont really get a second chance).
... simple expect them to know what we are vs or how to use thier class, so, i can totally be a dick aswell to ppl if they play bad without telling me beforhand
In WOD in Everbloom I once said at the start of a LFD run that my eyesight was bad and I'd struggle with the wall jumping (good to be up-front about these things) I was kicked immediately. I guess the premade LFG is the way to go so people know what's going on.
Also there is no way I would expect to be in content where my eyesight would be a critical failure, such as Mythic+, raiding outside of LFR (maybe normal with a very helpful group). The group today were comfortable attempting Mythic (even though I would have been happy with normal simply to do the quests).

I never attempted the Mage Tower but I was happy it was there for other people to have some challenging content. I didn't miss it as it was optional content for cosmetic reward.
Wholesome stories like this are the best
Here I am baffled how a blind player can play Video Games.
The light will guide your path, brothers and sisters <3.
09/11/2018 19:13Posted by Bolotar
Wholesome stories like this are the best
I thought this post would be a good antedote to all those "I got kicked for saying hello" threads we see every other day.

09/11/2018 20:28Posted by Gorewolf
Here I am baffled how a blind player can play Video Games.
I not completely blind, I have a little vision left (for now) but there was a story about a completely blind raider a few years ago. He is a shaman called Hexu. Blizzard put a tribute item in the game named after this player:
https://www.wowhead.com/item=87456/hexus-amplifying-helm

The story is here:
https://www.engadget.com/2012/01/12/guide-dog-player-and-guild-embrace-sightless-guildmate-steer/
I dont belive in good people~ I have a quest in my quest log for over two years without a hope for completing it.

You just were at best a minor annoyance during easy run.
Not even close to real help since there was not much effort put into this help.
10/11/2018 11:55Posted by Jesi

It was great help to me as it allows me to continue the story (which I assume will also be part of Kul Tiran allied race). Four other people did dedicate half an hour of their time to help me and they won't have gotten much reward from it apart from my thanks and a warm fuzzy feeling.
I now have the quest for Shrine of Storms, so time to repeat this experiment tomorrow or monday.
10/11/2018 11:55Posted by Jesi
I dont belive in good people~ I have a quest in my quest log for over two years without a hope for completing it.

You just were at best a minor annoyance during easy run.

Damn, aren't you optimistic lmao. There are good people out there who are willing to help people who need it, but with that type of attitude you have, it makes sense no one would help you.

10/11/2018 16:18Posted by Gram
I now have the quest for Shrine of Storms, so time to repeat this experiment tomorrow or monday.

If you add me on Bnet at Bubblebutt#21908, I'm sure me and my friends will run you through the rest of the dungeons on Mythic, to get you some more gear and get the quests done for you! Just let us know when you're free and we'll get a group sorted!

We'll also get you into Normal Uldir runs as well, if you feel up for it! Just let us know and we'll help wherever we can
I admit I was baited into this thread expecting a full on ironic rant :D

Was pleasantly surprised :) Refreshing really. Good on you op
09/11/2018 15:17Posted by Gram
They even gave me a bunch of gear.

After dying, the player I'm in group with says, 'hey guys I can't see too well, can we pull a bit slower?', I would whisper the tank asking him to do so and I would use my CDs on my Monk to help keep the player from dying.

After the run, if I had any gear that's beneficial to the player that I don't need, I would give it to them, you on the other hand I wouldn't have help or gave anything to.

So why?
09/11/2018 15:17Posted by Gram
I called it "Blind player needs help with quests".

This ^ is why.

Your vision impairment isn't really a disability, it's an Advantage.