Please don´t lock flight points behind quest chains

General
At Blizzcon you mentioned that you are looking for improving the quality of life for alts. You mentioned account-wide reputation rewards. Cool.

But how about flight points in BfA? It is really dumb that I need to progress in story, which is giving me nothing at lv 120, to be able to unlock flight points (for example in Drustvar). Because of this, doing WQs is unnecessarily long. And flying is months away.

Are we supposed to repeat those story quests on every character just to be able to move around the world efficiently?

In my opinion this is a really bad concept. Especially when you promote alting through allied races.
In 8.1 you will be able to buy boa items that unlock all flight paths from kul tiras and zandalar. I wonder if they will unlock those that are locked behind quests.
09/11/2018 18:52Posted by Shalim
At Blizzcon you mentioned that you are looking for improving the quality of life for alts. You mentioned account-wide reputation rewards. Cool.

But how about flight points in BfA? It is really dumb that I need to progress in story, which is giving me nothing at lv 120, to be able to unlock flight points (for example in Drustvar). Because of this, doing WQs is unnecessarily long. And flying is months away.

Are we supposed to repeat those story quests on every character just to be able to move around the world efficiently?

In my opinion this is a really bad concept. Especially when you promote alting through allied races.

You only need to do it on one character and then just q them up on others in the table and visit the flying points to complete those quests...
09/11/2018 19:37Posted by Cedrad
In 8.1 you will be able to buy boa items that unlock all flight paths from kul tiras and zandalar. I wonder if they will unlock those that are locked behind quests.

Buy???

Yea, they must think i am dumb and dumber.
I bought all flight trainings for all my 30 top lvls. Then they give it for free...
But now i have to pay for flightpoints?

hahaha
hahahahahhaha

NO F-ing way!
09/11/2018 20:21Posted by Лусифэр
You only need to do it on one character and then just q them up on others in the table and visit the flying points to complete those quests...

Wait, what?
Ive been at those fps with alts, but get nothing.
What do you mean "Q them up on others in the table"?
I did all the BfA outpost FP quests from the command table on my main. My alts now have those FP's available. all they have to do is visit them to unlock them (just like any other FP in the game).

If your alts don't have them then you've missed something somewhere.
FP quests?
You mean those quests you have to buy from factions quartermaster?
10/11/2018 04:29Posted by Pointybeard
I did all the BfA outpost FP quests from the command table on my main. My alts now have those FP's available. all they have to do is visit them to unlock them (just like any other FP in the game).

If your alts don't have them then you've missed something somewhere.

Sigh, why don't you read the OP more carefully? He wasn't talking about outposts, but flightpaths in Kul Tiras and given that he plays alliance it obviously couldn't be outposts. He also mentioned the flightpaths in Drustvar i.e. half of them are not accessible without quest requirements.

Currently the only way to circumvent this issue is by doing Drustvar during levelling in order to save time at 120. However, if you have many alts that can get really stale quickly. Ideally a player would want to do the three Kul Tiras areas in an equal measure.

Coincidentally I was going to create a thread about the flightpaths issue today, but hadn't got around to it yet. Saves me some time, nice ;)
Not doing Outposts either. Not even on my main.
Thats only more gated content, where there didnt use to be any.

They can f off with that bs.

Its not important to me atm anyway. If it ever is. And fully negated once we can fly. But even if it was, i might do it, but would utterly hate it. This is not new content. just more gated bs to drag it out.
Another thing is Mythic0. I've only done the unification quest line on my main.