Wrathgate was a Sylvanas psyop

General
https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-11-08-world-of-warcraft-and-the-masterplan-for-sylvanas

"That was really our goal with Sylvanas, to create enough plausible deniability in the actions she's committed where she can still have a fanbase, where she could still have people supporting her actions and saying, 'Well of course she's doing that for the Horde.'

"I've heard these discussions on the internet about 'she's going off the rails', but is she? I've been writing Sylvanas personally since 2006, and this is pretty much - the Wrathgate and the Blight and the Forsaken - in character. Those were all under Sylvanas' orders. What we're seeing now is an escalation of the plans Sylvanas has, clearly, and we're in the middle of that."

Wrathgate was an inside job! Blight can't melt Saronite beams! wake up sheeple!
So what, ive been saying that since Wrath, noone belived me. Now you have it...
10/11/2018 22:59Posted by Xemeron
So what, ive been saying that since Wrath, noone belived me. Now you have it...

We need a wrathgate truther movement
I think they misremebered the lore and that is all.
11/11/2018 00:33Posted by Moritz
I think they misremebered the lore and that is all.
I sighed when I read that as well. I don't know how the interviewer didn't go "wait.. what?"
Not gonna lie i think they just forget things. I am kind of hoping that the whole Emerald Nightmare "Her third death thing" refers to Sylvanas and they just forgot that she already died the third time when Godfrey shotgunned her in the face, just to have the undeniable proof for it...
Wut? Wrathgate? Seriously, what kind of idiots are in charge of the 'lore' these days.

No wonder that BFA pre-event was horrible when you hear things like this. :p
Shocking... She is a backstabber since WCT3.
In lact Chronicles they clearly say that she probably knew about Wrathgate plan of Varimathras team but did nothing to stop them. And yeah she always was like today, check Cata quest chain for new worgen and Silverpine forest quest chain.

And yeah she totall mad cos Lilian Woss says in Stormsong war campaign that all Forsaken going mad in some when return to life, and Sylvie returns to life not once.

They made her more edgy in BFA but since 90% of her fanbase seems to fap on it guess it was some fanservice move, or Azerite make her even more crazy since it empover character traits in those who use it(at least Taliesin have such theory don't bite me).
11/11/2018 03:50Posted by Linir
Shocking... She is a backstabber since WCT3.

Funny thing is many seem to forget that part.
Ever since she became undead she did nothing but use and then betray/backstab those that she no longer needs.
BUT I guess some people need their necroelf Waifu, I suppose... (#SaurfangForWarchief)
10/11/2018 22:48Posted by Draebet
https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-11-08-world-of-warcraft-and-the-masterplan-for-sylvanas

"That was really our goal with Sylvanas, to create enough plausible deniability in the actions she's committed where she can still have a fanbase, where she could still have people supporting her actions and saying, 'Well of course she's doing that for the Horde.'

"I've heard these discussions on the internet about 'she's going off the rails', but is she? I've been writing Sylvanas personally since 2006, and this is pretty much - the Wrathgate and the Blight and the Forsaken - in character. Those were all under Sylvanas' orders. What we're seeing now is an escalation of the plans Sylvanas has, clearly, and we're in the middle of that."

Wrathgate was an inside job! Blight can't melt Saronite beams! wake up sheeple!

Is that you Lswindrunner?
Obviously she's doing that for the Horde ;)
So they are not only giving knifu to waifu queen but also change lore.
Because officiall she knew about new plague but intended to use it against scourge only. Grand apothecary mutiny was his own initiative, untill now it seems
Your choice made to back either Sylvanas or Saurfang will play out over the story and you will find out if you are right or wrong.

that scares me much more....what if your choice is "wrong"? you can't really have major consequences in a mmo, but making a character feel bad about a in-game choice, especially with 10+ years invested in a main would be !@#$ty as hell.
We should be able to hang everyone in-game who picked Sylvanas outside Orgrimmar when the day comes.
I do not only play WoW. I also play Grand strategy games. And there I have done worse than Sylvanas. In CK2 I married my sister, burnd hundreds of cities, sent millions of levies to their deaths and sacrificed friends, family and enemies to my pagan gods. I murrdered hundreds of characters in their sleep jyst to geit their land or just for their money.

In Civilization I nuked dizens of cities in one single game. In Total war I well knowingly sacrificed soldiers for the better good. I burn and raid cities just for cash.

Therefore I can understand Sylvanas and don’t see it as evil but as necessary to win.
11/11/2018 09:46Posted by Kilean
In Civilization I nuked dizens of cities in one single game. In Total war I well knowingly sacrificed soldiers for the better good. I burn and raid cities just for cash.

Therefore I can understand Sylvanas and don’t see it as evil but as necessary to win.

That's not "winning", that's just becoming a tyrant. But feel free to convince yourself it's winning and 'for the greater good', that's what all the tyrants in history did as well.

And you know how the story ended? Spoiler alert: The tyrant dies, the world lives on, recovered from the mayhem, and the tyrant is remembered as just another failure who couldn't handle power. Hardly a winner.
We all know how seriously Sylvanus takes the Horde when Garrosh explicitly forbid her from using the plague, not only did she lie to the general and Garrosh but she also used the plague anyways. Sylvanas has always been this way.
That moment when "writers" have no clue about lore.
Nothing is suprising anymore in this game
11/11/2018 09:46Posted by Kilean
I do not only play WoW. I also play Grand strategy games. And there I have done worse than Sylvanas. In CK2 I married my sister, burnd hundreds of cities, sent millions of levies to their deaths and sacrificed friends, family and enemies to my pagan gods. I murrdered hundreds of characters in their sleep jyst to geit their land or just for their money.

Be like that in real life and you will end up with a revolution...