Portuguese request to Blizzard honour Stan Lee in game

General
From the Portuguese comunity to @Blizzard - Request to Stan Lee to be Honored in game

Hello dear Blizzard,
Sadly and as you might know, Stan Lee past away. He was the creator of a big universe which filled a gap in our childhoods (and for most it went far beyond that) when it was time to play, have fun, draw, to use our imagination, to create, to amuse, to "think outside the box", to be a better person ... and so on. He created heroes from the simplest and humble characters and allowed us to accompany it progress to the grandiosity they became. Just like our own chars in WoW and many of the main NPCs from the lore. You (Blizzard) gave us something like him, the ability to create, imagine, dream and became our own heroes.

We are admins from a major Portuguese group of WoW in Facebook, and we ask in behalf of the remaining members in our group:
Could you create an in game "tribute" for our "hero" Stan Lee to be honored? We believe he (and we) is worthy.

The Admins from:
World of Warcraft: Comunidade Portuguesa
https://www.facebook.com/groups/wowcp/
Why?
Yeah... please add him as a mount~ or battle pet.
Yeah, it would be really nice. And since we have lots of non WoW related NPCs that are way less important than Stan Lee, this is something that you must do and it will mean a lot to us.
Can we also do Bruce lee? And Franny Lee ofc. Oh and Robert Lee and his brother Dave. TYVM.
13/11/2018 20:45Posted by Sindweller
Why?

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=18756/haris-pilton
Why?

Imagine being so insecure and self centered you get annoyed that someone wants to honor a popular figure who did many positive things

In b4 "But naming a random npc model after that person is taking away billions of resources from the main game"
13/11/2018 21:22Posted by Râlph
Imagine being so insecure and self centered you get annoyed that someone wants to honor a popular figure who did many positive things

Cause that can be the only reason right? I don't like when they fill up a fantasy game with real life references either. Many people escape into the fantasy world to escape RL no need to drag references (especially sad ones) to this universe, especially of people who have no relation to it. Why are you instantly attacking others just because you disagree with them?
I tried to create a moment in game to honor the 100 years since the end of WW1 but few understood my motivation which was sad. It's not wrong to try to take real life in game and try to emulate a gathering after all it's real people sitting in front of the computer and making the decision to attend or not and it would be the same in real life as in game.

Everyone has their opinion, no rights, no wrongs. Just honour the fallen that made a contribution to your life, maybe, if needed, in solitude.
13/11/2018 21:28Posted by Selranath
Cause that can be the only reason right? I don't like when they fill up a fantasy game with real life references either. Many people escape into the fantasy world to escape RL no need to drag references (especially sad ones) to this universe, especially of people who have no relation to it.

C'mon. There is no game more riddled with rl references than wow. Literally, you stumble on a rock and there's a reference crawling out of there. There's whole quest zones that are basically a big reference. Items, npc's, achievments, titles, you name it, references.
13/11/2018 22:22Posted by Espanca
C'mon. There is no game more riddled with rl references than wow. Literally, you stumble on a rock and there's a reference crawling out of there. There's whole quest zones that are basically a big reference. Items, npc's, achievments, titles, you name it, references.

Actually it's not that oversaturated with references in older content as today(maybe I just didn't understand so many back in the day?), but I think they are overdoing it either way. (Usually I'm fine with achievement names as those aren't really a part of the world but I'm not a fan of reference quests and NPCs.) The warcraft universe is expansive and interesting enough to not need them. The reason for adding something shouldn't ever be "there is already a lot of it anyway". Don't worry tho, I'm almost certain Blizz will make something in remembrance as they tend to, doesn't mean I have to like it.

The most iconic names and quests in WoW - to me - reference nothing but the good old warcraft universe.
13/11/2018 22:40Posted by Selranath
The reason for adding something shouldn't ever be "there is already a lot of it anyway".

Totally agree. Was just making a point that this isn't the best fantasy game to escape to.
I happen to think a reference for this fella is very worthy cause I (and more, I'm sure) consider him a major player in the nerd universe. And what are we but nerds? :)
Stan lee have nothing to do with wow.
Yeah but first finish the satoru iwata statue in sw...

I hope you get what I mean... not sure if.
Why do you need blizzard to do something for you
You have a facebook group and could easily organize some kind of event as a tribute, a raid, or RP event, get creative, as the man was himself
Can't say that im surprised anymore. Every time a famous person dies, the next moment im gonna log in at the forums i will guarantee see a thread asking for a tribute in-game. Been like that for years.

The guy literally only asked "why", and you go into him like that? Seems to me you're the one that's got issues.
13/11/2018 23:16Posted by Bitterborn
Stan lee have nothing to do with wow.

You don't get the point, do you?
Why?

In b4 "But naming a random npc model after that person is taking away billions of resources from the main game"

Imagine being so insecure and self centered you get annoyed that someone asks a simple question asking for an explanation.

Believe it or not there are people in this world that have never heard of Stan Lee so they would ask 'Why ?'. Not because they're trolling you but maybe simply because they're interested and want to know why ?

You're so paranoid about this subject that anyone querying it is labelled insecure, self centered, disrespectful and even indecent.

I suggest you get rid of that high horse you're on and start being a little bit more understanding and tolerant of others that either want to know 'why ?' or have a different opinion of the subject