polling system WOW

General
I think we all know blizzard is out of touch with the community right now they should ad a polling system in game so if the community actualy want a change
they can vote if they want things removed or not like masterloot and stuff it should have been asked before removing it it realy feels like they dont care at all anymore
They've sent mails with a questionnaire to a lot of players recently. I didn't get one myself, but I've been asked to give my opinion when i unsubbed.

Bringing Vanilla back shows they actually care, even if it took time and a lot of effort.

Generally: Sometimes I think they care too much, try to satisfy all sorts of complaints instead of targeting a more narrow player group and making them happy.
15/11/2018 11:11Posted by Eulalia
They've sent mails with a questionnaire to a lot of players recently. I didn't get one myself, but I've been asked to give my opinion when i unsubbed.

Bringing Vanilla back shows they actually care, even if it took time and a lot of effort.

Generally: Sometimes I think they care too much, try to satisfy all sorts of complaints instead of targeting a more narrow player group and making them happy.

The thing that worries me with vanilla is was that a move done because it was wanted or was it done to quash the private server craze?

Personally Id love to see an official progressive server system running parallel to wow where you can level a char then transfer to the sever running the next expansion pack, can you imagine forming a guild in vanilla and then progressing through the entirety of wows raiding content as it was when it was the latest, newest content?
15/11/2018 11:21Posted by Annallusion
The thing that worries me with vanilla is was that a move done because it was wanted or was it done to quash the private server craze?

I think this has a lot more to do with it. They were forced to protect their intellectual property.
15/11/2018 10:59Posted by Majix
right now they should ad a polling system in game so if the community actualy want a change
they can vote if they want things removed or not

I wouldnt want that game, I am against most things that makes this game any easier than it already is

Most players on this forum seems to want maximum reward for minimal effort witch is not very satisfying in the long run
What you are suggesting is not a poll, it's a suggestion box, which, surprise surprise, already exists.
15/11/2018 11:21Posted by Annallusion
15/11/2018 11:11Posted by Eulalia

Personally Id love to see an official progressive server system running parallel to wow where you can level a char then transfer to the sever running the next expansion pack, can you imagine forming a guild in vanilla and then progressing through the entirety of wows raiding content as it was when it was the latest, newest content?

I'd say it's both. They see an opportunity, a market, that's nr 1. And 2: when Classic servers are up and going they can police the private ones hard and shut them down because people can no longer complain there is no Vanilla.

I'm not a Vanilla no changes purist and like your idea. :) But I have another thing in mind. First recreate Vanilla up to Naxx, accurately. Then patch with new content, in the same style of Classic. Maybe all those scrapped zones, Emerald Dream, Azharah BG etc. Would love to see the game restart, take a different path and learning from the mistakes. Like never ever implement LFG, keep it hard with CC and kill order etc.
15/11/2018 11:39Posted by Shwosh
I wouldnt want that game, I am against most things that makes this game any easier than it already is
I really don't want to be one of those people, but you don't do anything that is difficult. How could you possible be against things getting easier? Or why would you think these are the sorts of changes Blizzard would allow us to vote on before implementing?

It is by far the easiest way to gauge community feedback without the obligatory 6 month waiting period, inevitable apology and policy change. No one is saying a 51% no vote means they can't do it, but being against it for the sake of being against it is stupid.
No thanks.

I dont trust the playerbase enough for them to know what's good for the game.

It would be like asking a 3 year old to decide what you're eating for each meal. You'd get icecream 3x per day.
If they would listen to this community game would be ultra casual .
As much as I love the polling system on Old School Runescape, I'm afraid it will never work on World of Warcraft because the community is too largely diverse.
RuneScape has polls, for any kind of content.

If WoW were to have polls too I certain that it wouldn’t work. WoW is full of trolls and literally stupid people (which isn’t a surprise considering that only stupid people play slotmachines, which is what WoW is today), who would corrupt the results to something negative.

As opposed to RuneScape who are mature, with the most in their 20 and 30s.
15/11/2018 11:43Posted by Dottie
What you are suggesting is not a poll, it's a suggestion box, which, surprise surprise, already exists.

no im asking a poll system so if they want to add stupid !@#$ like azerite and removing masterloot so ppl can vote yes or no when its added its to late
15/11/2018 15:34Posted by Lindissä
RuneScape has polls, for any kind of content.

If WoW were to have polls too I certain that it wouldn’t work. WoW is full of trolls and literally stupid people (which isn’t a surprise considering that only stupid people play slotmachines, which is what WoW is today), who would corrupt the results to something negative.

As opposed to RuneScape who are mature, with the most in their 20 and 30s.

thats where i got the idea from but if you put it like that i can tell pll are actualy stupid in this game u are right
15/11/2018 15:51Posted by Majix
15/11/2018 11:43Posted by Dottie

no im asking a poll system so if they want to add stupid !@#$ like azerite and removing masterloot so ppl can vote yes or no when its added its to late

I'd say the azerite system is too complex for a simple poll of yes and no in advance. Same goes for most changes. That's why we have alpha, beta and PTR. You need to experience it to really know what you think.