Your Perfect Next Expansion

General
OK, I fully get the furore over the changes in BfA. There are many things I'm not happy with (damn I really miss tier sets and their accompanying t-mogs) but a lot of the content on these forums isn't entirely constructive.

I'd like to ask the whole community:
What would be your perfect next expansion?

What/Who would be "the big bad"?
What would you have reintroduced to the game? Forging? A glyph system?
What would you like to see removed? Anything Azerite is already catered for, I doubt anyone wants it to stay
What changes should be made to make this a 8m+ sub game again?

I'll be really interested to hear everyone's views on how best to move forward both in terms of game mechanics, design and class customisation.
WoW Classic sounds like a deal to me
My perfect next expansion would be a stream where we can see as the activision fire Ion and the blizz devs. And maybe give them a few slaps for ruining this game.
Wrath of the Lich King with mop class design and I'd pay twice as much for it.
17/10/2018 14:25Posted by Bitterborn
My perfect next expansion would be a stream where we can see as the activision fire Ion and the blizz devs. And maybe give them a few slaps for ruining this game.

ill pay 200+ euros to have a chance to participate in this event
The Burning Crusade
17/10/2018 14:31Posted by Bukachu
17/10/2018 14:25Posted by Bitterborn

If you can throw Ion's pet "Lore" in there with them I'd pay £600.
WoW Legion 2.0 instead of this boring Legion 0.000001 alpha we play now.
Cata with a better last raid
It seems the general consensus is that the game was great before Ion arrived, or at least was great when Ghost Crawler was at Blizzard?
MoP minus the pandas, but with Legion style dungeons and M+.
raid bosses drop tokens you can save up to buy gear from vendor
different tier tokens in LFR/Norm/HC/Mythic
they also have a guaranteed drop of 1 item token that can be traded in at vendor for slightly better version of the ones you buy with normal tokens

so 1 boss drop 10 x tokens per player, and 1 x armour token

50 x 1 token - 1 armour piece
1 x armour token - 1 improved armour piece (this piece will be spec specific)

tokens can be sent to alts

numbers can be tinkered with obviously, but you get the idea
17/10/2018 14:36Posted by Balloonknot
17/10/2018 14:31Posted by Bukachu

If you can throw Ion's pet "Lore" in there with them I'd pay £600.

1400 euros if ghostcrawler is also in this goodie bag
- A twist in the story that makes sense (Referring to war of the thorns failure)
- Long and interesting quest chains per region (as in Legion) + different quest chains between Horde and Alliance (as in BfA)
- Dense cities and zones with lots happening (Suramar was huge, there was a lot happening in Thornheim, Highmountain, Val'Sharah, etc... Zuldazar / Kul Tiras feels kind of empty in comparison)
- Gear system that makes sense (Meaningful artifact weapons VS noname Azerite armor)
- Alt friendly mechanics
- Same world design quality
- Same music quality (with less bugs when switching from one region to another - and also maybe not smashing the same main theme in yo face with no intro every time you step in/out of the tavern - maybe do it once every two hours?)
-no factions
-more quests and bigger worlds with interesting stories
-more class abilities
-ban all addons
-ban macros
17/10/2018 14:24Posted by Tanav
WoW Classic sounds like a deal to me

kappa nice story...
Wrath of the Fire King
No RNG.
Plotwise it depends on what they do with the Old Gods in BfA, but either something to do with them or perhaps Bolvar succumbs to the Scourge, or mates with Sylvanas (only kidding!!) Lich King 2.0, but something that affects the existing zones, because right now, there's not a lot of point visiting those areas unless you're levelling an Alt.

Quests: I like the story arcs they have added in the last few expacs, so how about if you complete a storyline, you get some 'Marks of Heroism' (or something with a cooler name). These can be traded for gear/weapons/mounts?/toys?/pets? at certain vendors. Gain rep with certain factions, unlock more vendors. This means folk who want to quest only, can still get nice gear without having to do instances if they don't want to. Also make World Quests more of a thing. A bit more variety. Zone attacks by bad guys, rare baddies etc.

Instances: I would like to see dungeons and raids (normal, heroic, mythic & +) giving a certain number of 'marks of heroism'. So the folk who want to concentrate on instances can also earn points to get stuff. Yes, bosses still drop gear as they do just now, but the earned items are better (purples or golds or whatever).

PvP: for BG's and arenas, bring back PvP sets. It doesn't have to mean separate stats, like in the past, but if you see a character strutting around in 'Gladiator' armour, you know that char is a PvP beast and not to be messed with... that kind of thing :) Make WPvP more of a thing. I can't remember the last time I saw 50 Hordies charge into Stormwind. I remember being lvl 25 and papping myself when an army of max lvl Hordies arrived.... RRRUUUUNNNN!!! :D :D

Professions: Bring back Glyphs and also more Gem sockets in gear. Make some of the best armour/weapons, crafted items with very challenging quest lines to get the recipes. This makes Smithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring, Jewellcrafting, Inscription important again.

As a casual player, very little of this would affect me, but for the players who are online a LOT and want their grind to be more meaningful without the curse of RNG, I think these things would make a difference and also it's a bit of a mix of what works now, along with what worked before. This is just my opinion, but I think from reading these forums recently, if you say to someone 'work your @ss off and you can get X,Y,Z' instead of 'you get a random thing which may or may not be useful' players will respond more positively.
1 . Less quests on main story line
2. Token system instead of Rng , or both give the player an option to select what he wants
3. No gating at all for professions or Myhic dungeons , should be baseline
4. Rating for M+ content visible like the arena rating
5 . No grinding reputations for any reason
6 . Better class balance
5 . More complex rotations for all classes
6. Fantasy class specific storyline apart the main story of the expansion