MAKE ARGENT DAWN ROLEPLAY AGAIN

Argent Dawn
I half expected to see " Build a wall and make the non RPers pay for it "
I once roleplayed through Old Hillsbrad Foothills in LFG.

Next up: Uldir.
Sets up a stand to sell torches and pitchforks.

Stall's open! A pair for everyone!

But in all seriousness I do want to address a few things.

31/10/2018 20:49Posted by Dealen
This server should remain reserved for role-players and i feel that OOC players and their guilds could grow more outside argent dawn

The problem I have with this logic is that, yes, while Argent Dawn is a roleplaying server, people aren't obligated to roleplay. It's like going to a PvP server and telling people there who are in PvE guilds that they should leave and go to a PvE realm.

The second issue I have is where are you going to find roleplay? Boralus is an amazing spot for RP but I hardly see people there. Yes, I'm aware that a guild has set up shop in one of the taverns and that's great but there aren't (to my knowledge) many people walking around there casually RPing. Stormwind for example (and yes, I know about Stormwind RP) has felt more empty and barren to me than it was in Legion.
Build a firewall and make the non-RPers pay for it!
Didn't it used to be, that when you clicked a realm marked RP in the realm selection you got a pop up window telling you it had certain rules there like the name policy? Or is it just a fantasy of mine I just wish was real?
but in all fairness the reason why the IC people are a minority is becauz that its easier to PvP and PvE here because all other PvP and PvE people are on their actual marked servers so its easier competition here
01/11/2018 23:00Posted by Dealen
but in all fairness the reason why the IC people are a minority is becauz that its easier to PvP and PvE here because all other PvP and PvE people are on their actual marked servers so its easier competition here
That's just trying to undermine the dedicated folks on the server though, AD has a decent raiding scene and not lacking in capable PVP folk either.

As for the actual question asked, who knows? I came here because I wanted to get back into RP at some point and know I can find it here when the time comes that I delve back into RP outside "once in a while".
Some might join for the atmosphere, some because they like me wanna get back into or try out RP and others again come for reasons that should be banable aka trolling.
01/11/2018 23:05Posted by Aldru
01/11/2018 23:00Posted by Dealen
That's just trying to undermine the dedicated folks on the server though, AD has a decent raiding scene and not lacking in capable PVP folk either.

As for the actual question asked, who knows? I came here because I wanted to get back into RP at some point and know I can find it here when the time comes that I delve back into RP outside "once in a while".
Some might join for the atmosphere, some because they like me wanna get back into or try out RP and others again come for reasons that should be banable aka trolling.
should those scenarios be reserved for the RP community when players want to achieve other ingame contents with their Alts or mains
feel free to pay for my 16 alts to transfer to a different server because i sometimes don't feel like rping
01/11/2018 23:17Posted by Carvian
feel free to pay for my 16 alts to transfer to a different server because i sometimes don't feel like rping

I don’t know what the youth of today finds cool?

- But is it that you think you yourself are edgy by typing in all lower case?
You need to summon Hrothgarr,tbh. And bring back public lynchings, burning of forbidden books in front of SW city hall, Scarlet guilds, warlock licenses, guild infiltrations, noble- and house-rp, corrupt political rp, Shonn and the-one-rule-rp.
01/11/2018 23:33Posted by Aeola

Edgy? Of course I am edgy.

I was born in an orphanage, my parents were killed in a train wreck and I was the only one to survive. I had no friends. I had no family. I played alone and ate alone during dinner time.

I was never adopted, and when I was 18 I was kicked out of the orphanage as is standard. I left to go and forge my own path.

It was not until I saw it advertised in the game store - World of Warcraft: Legion. By God; the poster boy... Illidan. Finally, someone I could relate to. I rushed in to the game store with my first ever paycheck after working 12 hours at McDonald's. I bought World of Warcraft: Legion, and finally, I felt for the first time in my life that I could belong.

I logged in for the first time, and I saw it; a Demon Hunter. A class I could relate to - one that matched my hatred for the world. I grinded to level 70 to finally be able to make a Demon Hunter.

And that is how Carvian was born. A character borne of sheer edginess and pure hatred for the world; a character borne of my awful past.

So yes, I guess I am edgy after all. Go on, hate me. I am used to it.
02/11/2018 00:21Posted by Carvian
Edgy? Of course I am edgy.
True and same

31/10/2018 20:49Posted by Dealen
This server should
01/11/2018 05:40Posted by Hlaren
The problem I have with this logic is that
01/11/2018 05:40Posted by Hlaren
people aren't obligated to roleplay.
Sadly you won't get swatted for being a lame gamer... yet, no one can force or will ban you for simply not role playing on this realm but you should be role playing on this realm, so you kind of missed the point bro

It's a moral angle of not being really lame and leaving role players this one - just this only and one - big + active server to do their thing, don't be like this lame gaming alt poster here
01/11/2018 23:38Posted by Dotexe
I openly admit to ganking the !@#$ out of campaigns like the redridge one.
Build a wall, I don't care where as long as it is very expensive and so big that it makes a mockery out of the Chinese one, and make the non RP'ers pay for it!

Seriously though, potentially it could cause problems if enough people that had no intentions of RP'ing ever insisted on gaming on RP servers, not sure if it actually is a real problem currently though.

whats the destination?
01/11/2018 23:33Posted by Aeola

I don’t know what the “adults” of today find cool?

-But do you think you yourself are more mature, by typing in such pretentious fashion?
GeT oFf My SeRvEr YoU fIlThY oOcErS
01/11/2018 02:11Posted by Minjié
I half expected to see " Build a wall and make the non RPers pay for it "

not a bad idea tbh