How to fix Prot warrior for m+

Battle for Azeroth Class Development
I noticed the main isssue I had while playing prot warrior in m+ was how magic dmg and damage over time effect would rip me open, they go directly through blocking, IT is a huge weakness that ur main form of mitigation= blocking doesn't work for all types of dmg, unlike death strike which does.

I suggest the only fix they need is to make these damage types blockable so we can actually mitigate dmg as prot warrior.

This is sthe most noticeable in dungeons like kings rest where the magic dmg and dot dmg at the end of dungeon is way to high.
How to fix prot warrior in m+:
- put the Legion leggo bracer effect as a talent (there are many talents that are never used, no one will miss them)
- bring back spell reflect as a magic damage reduction of fixed duration and not only "until spell is reflected" (as the artifact trait was in Legion)
- bring back gag order (heroic throw interrupts a non-player enemy with an internal cooldown)
- bring back offensive dispel on shield slam (like the old glyph)
- make ravager actually useful (so you can grab aggro from mobs you're kiting, like death&decay can)
- increase slow on thunder clap maybe as a part of the talent that increases its radius, again warriors are already punished when they have to kite by massive dps loss, they should at least be able to kite without being massively inferior to a dk

All of these things are stuff that warrior already had at some point, but lost for unknown reason.

I don't like all this "pruning" that removed tools from classes leaving the gameplay in a state "well I'll just stand and do nothing and let someone else deal with x ability because my class can't react to it".
Maybe buff ignore pain a little. Make it absorb more based on the damaged taken..?
04/11/2018 13:03Posted by Benjamin
Maybe buff ignore pain a little. Make it absorb more based on the damaged taken..?

Well its off the gcd now which helps but I feel it should scale off of a warriors max health rather than 700% of attack power

something like "fight through the pain ignoring 50% of damage take, upto 30% of max health total damage prevented"

numbers would probably need to be tweaked but it would also have additional synergies with rallying cry, last stand and Shamans Ancestral Vigour.

just my 2 cents anyway
02/11/2018 23:00Posted by Deathforced
I suggest the only fix they need is to make these damage types blockable so we can actually mitigate dmg as prot warrior.

To be fair that would be insanely OP. Paladins for example can already block spells with the talent holy shield but their block chance is around 40% which also blocks about 40% of the damage in current heroic gear. That amounts to 16% overall magic mitigation.

Using shield block together with crit block mastery would make you the best tank in mitigating not only physical but also magical damage by far and that is certainly not aligned with how active mitigation works for all the other tanks.
05/11/2018 10:42Posted by Maelboja
02/11/2018 23:00Posted by Deathforced

To be fair that would be insanely OP. Paladins for example can already block spells with the talent holy shield but their block chance is around 40% which also blocks about 40% of the damage in current heroic gear. That amounts to 16% overall magic mitigation.

Using shield block together with crit block mastery would make you the best tank in mitigating not only physical but also magical damage by far and that is certainly not aligned with how active mitigation works for all the other tanks.

agreed, however werent we supposed to be getting a new mastery in 8.1? I thought I heared something about that on icyveins or maybe mmo champion, unless im imagining things.