Pet Peeve #36: The Peeve is Always Right

Argent Dawn
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
Peeve: irl.
09/11/2018 21:49Posted by Gardhal
More awkward than LF/Velf/DI accepting Anduins opening letter and then questing on behalf of his dead dad to recover young him in pandaria, before witnessing his dead dad dying and then him becoming the guy who accepted you in the alliance in the first place?

Allied races and old content is awesome!

That goes the same way on Horde Allied races with the excepting a letter from Sylvanas then being sent to Pandaria by an orc you have never met who you eventually overthrow, then for an expansion after have some troll you have never met only until Legion where finally you're working for the undead lady who gave you the letter.
09/11/2018 21:49Posted by Gardhal
More awkward than LF/Velf/DI accepting Anduins opening letter and then questing on behalf of his dead dad to recover young him in pandaria, before witnessing his dead dad dying and then him becoming the guy who accepted you in the alliance in the first place?

Allied races and old content is awesome!

As annoying as this is for Allied Races, it's the fact that Blizzard is totally cool with this ridiculous timeline BS being the way the game is presented to new players that always shocks me. If I were a new player, I'd be hopelessly confused and put off immediately.
Tired all day, can't sleep at night. Can't sleep longer than 3 hours without waking up.

Not okay.
It's my birthday today (or tomorrow for those behind in timezones) and I have never felt less excited about it.

Is this what being an adult is like? I have stubbornly kept throwing birthday parties with my friends every year, even long past the point where we were otherwise separated for basically the rest of the year.

But this year, I just don't feel motivated to anymore.

I am 22 years old. I thought this was supposed to come later?
09/11/2018 23:27Posted by Tawaka
As annoying as this is for Allied Races, it's the fact that Blizzard is totally cool with this ridiculous timeline BS being the way the game is presented to new players that always shocks me. If I were a new player, I'd be hopelessly confused and put off immediately.

I actually had to explain the timeline to a friend of mine a couple of months ago who was leveling a trial character. They liked the militant aspect of Garrosh's Horde in Cataclysm content and wanted to know what the current situation with Garrosh was.

When I tried my best to inform them about the chronology of the leveling experience, they couldn't stop laughing but one thing that I did note is that they didn't pick the game up again after that.

09/11/2018 23:50Posted by Chíeun
It's my birthday today (or tomorrow for those behind in timezones) and I have never felt less excited about it.

Happy birthday. I know that all that a birthday means to me is opening a handful of gifts sent to me that I put on an Amazon wish list two weeks ago and calling the people that sent them to awkwardly give my thanks and pretend that the day is somehow eventful.

The only birthdays that matter are really 'events' are yours when you're less than twenty years old, those of your relatives or in-laws who are less than twenty years old, and those of your elderly relatives and in-laws marking each decade, usually starting at sixty and becoming more and more of an event with every decade that they survive.

Is this what being an adult is like? I have stubbornly kept throwing birthday parties with my friends every year, even long past the point where we were otherwise separated for basically the rest of the year.

But this year, I just don't feel motivated to anymore.

I'm feeling a bit weird about my own this year which is in under 2 weeks' time now. First one away from my friends. I'd absolutely have a party if I could so, if it's usually your thing, I suggest trying to have some sort of get-together anyway.

And happy birthday!
I have two new peeves right now:

- The constant hating on Fortnite by the "I'm so mature"-gaming "community". Yes, you can easily stand above these people, and as such it's only mildly annoying. Oh, and something like this, "Younger people enjoy the game and talk about their common interest while doing some dances and overall have a good time? How awful! *Gasp* When I was younger we talked about Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and Beyblades! That was much better!"

- Now a WoW-related peeve: Questing in Kul Tiras/Zandalar/new areas. While the storyline is great especially Drustvar it's slightly annoying when you only want to level a character to 120 quickly, because several times you have to wait until the NPCs are done talking.

It's my birthday today

Happy birthday! I don't have much else to say to be honest.
10/11/2018 00:16Posted by Keydiam
- The constant hating on Fortnite by the "I'm so mature"-gaming "community". Yes, you can easily stand above these people, and as such it's only mildly annoying. Oh, and something like this, "Younger people enjoy the game and talk about their common interest while doing some dances and overall have a good time? How awful! *Gasp* When I was younger we talked about Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and Beyblades! That was much better!"

Heh. Those kids playing their dabs and posing their fortnites. We're so much more mature...
Happy Birthday Chíeun!

Been that way for me since I was 14. Never too young to feel too old!

Lóras has a face. Put it back.
10/11/2018 00:44Posted by Blythan
Happy Birthday Chíeun!

It's okay, you can just use the normal i version. Chieun is the Horde version, Chíeun is Alliance, so there is no risk of confusing me for anyone else!

Normally I don't use names with í and the like because it makes you harder to reach and can make people confuse you with others, but since I have both I didn't mind doing it this time.
09/11/2018 17:37Posted by Vixí
My general point of view is that people have a right to have & express their opinions, but not necessarily everywhere. Where & when varies on the subject and place, but common courtesy towards others should be enough to figure it out.

You are absolutely right. Youtube is a private platform and they can discriminate p much at their will and simply ban/remove content they don't like, that's all within their rights to do.

But then if they do that they absolutely can not call their platform one that promotes freedom of expression. That's a fact.

I'm unsure if you understood Lukas's point regarding the "free market" of ideas being allowed to simply float in the internet. Ultimately I think that if the society was ideal, then yes we should have no restrictions on freedom of speech whatsoever because the people who'd speak and spit vitriol and other nasty content would get shut down by the communities and groups they live in, and their ideas would either change over time or simply lose the interest of the noble, goodwill common folk.

That being said, on practical level I argued that there's a reason our law demands INTENTION when it comes to using your words in malicious purpose. You should for example able to say that you do not like x kind of people or even slur about them, as long as it doesn't have malicious intent behind it. The moment it has, then it falls under a completely another law.

Yes, the person is still free to speak and think as they wish, but their intentions are still subject to the law just like any crime. But if we start to censure individually that "btw you can't say this or that", then we are in trouble because we have let a group of people decide and define what is offensive, rather than whether the intention was malicious or not.
10/11/2018 00:25Posted by Lóras
10/11/2018 00:16Posted by Keydiam

Heh. Those kids playing their dabs and posing their fortnites. We're so much more mature...

Poison by Bell Div DeVoe starts playing ominously in the distance.
It's my birthday today

Happy birthday, Chieun!
    _o/\o_
    ./ \/ \.

And yeah, that's how it goes. I'm turning 25 next year, but ever since I turned 19 or so, I've been utterly apathetic about birthdays and celebrations of any kind.
Trying to hype myself up for my upcoming birthday as well, but it doesn't really feel very amazing to be quarter of a century old.

Still, take the day for yourself, do fun stuff and be sure to ask people you know for company. Lonely birthdays are the worst! :>
10/11/2018 01:16Posted by Chíeun
It's okay, you can just use the normal i version. Chieun is the Horde version, Chíeun is Alliance, so there is no risk of confusing me for anyone else!

But the magic of copy+paste compels me so! ... don't tell people I just use %t to write their names ingame... please.
Happy birthday Ash.

Don't have much else to say as I'm in the same boat as Tonnek. 25 next year, didn't celebrate birthdays since 19. University changes people I guess.
censorship is the domain of the low iq bcos eventually that censorship will be turned around & used against u

it's all about deferral of gratification bros
Today's peeve: The lowered quality of our forum avatar pics. It was never this bad.
Damnit Uruk, now I can't unsee the pixels!