Pet Peeve #36: The Peeve is Always Right

Argent Dawn
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
Happy birthday Chíeun, from another birthday dude.

On the peeves, I got gunpla stuff for my birthday (or rather bought with the mons I got), in case people are wondering: Gunpla is shorthand for Gundam Plastic Model kits. My peeve, the bloody tiny stickers, I lost one to the abyss(luckily a pretty nonessential one). These thing are barely milimeters in length at times, and because I rather not put the paintbrush to these things just yet, the stickers are necessary.
Happy birthday as well Xian.
So many birthday people here. Should have brought cake. Happy Birthday, everyone!

How do people manage to see others do a boss mechanic twice. Then fail to repeat that.
You just have to stand somewhere specific. It's not difficult. You already have better gear than my tiny warrior. Including things from this very dungeon. How do you still not know what to do?
10/11/2018 16:59Posted by Ahake
(I still think snakes and sethrak are cute...)

That's because they are. Probably snake rogue should we ever get them (plz)

10/11/2018 17:06Posted by Lóras
I found it fair and square

It feels wrong.
My current peeve is that my body is not able to handle a night of drinking any more. I have done the growing up and it sucks. I do not like being a fully fledged adult. Let me be a kid again.
10/11/2018 19:54Posted by Vaxir
My current peeve is that my body is not able to handle a night of drinking any more. I have done the growing up and it sucks. I do not like being a fully fledged adult. Let me be a kid again.

Definitely agreed. I miss being 16 years old and filled with wisdom, patience, and hope for the future.
10/11/2018 19:58Posted by Chíeun
Definitely agreed. I miss being 16 years old and filled with wisdom, patience, and hope for the future.

I kinda just skipped over that and started 5 years early.

I keep going to say my age and then have to stop myself and remember my actual age.
This levelling curve is BULL-****!

Pfff, at least you had those! Try being that kid who has interests that differs so much from his peers that everyone thinks he's an alien whenever he speaks about his hobbies.
10/11/2018 22:53Posted by Ranying

Pfff, at least you had those! Try being that kid who has interests that differs so much from his peers that everyone thinks he's an alien whenever he speaks about his hobbies.

Pff, yeah, you think that's tough. Try being that kid that wanted to grow up and be a table until they learned that you can't be a table as a job.
11/11/2018 01:20Posted by Dudflex
10/11/2018 22:53Posted by Ranying

Pff, yeah, you think that's tough. Try being that kid that wanted to grow up and be a table until they learned that you can't be a table as a job.

you can be anything you want to be dudflex. i believe you'll be the best damn table that ever existed, you just gotta believe in yourself! be one with the table loa!

--

Peeve; being too broke to afford 2 mmo subs at once.
I had my own birthday at the start of the month and in the theme of others, it's not a big deal (I think it stopped being one like ten years ago).

I for one don't miss being a kid at all. I can safely say every 4-5 years I can look back and cringe at some of what was the case prior. I think everything seemed more free and "woo-hoo" then because in truth my view of how things were was massively limited. It was fun, sure, but I wouldn't trade that for the benefits and responsibilities I've gained since.

Maybe it's part of having kids. Since becoming a parent my childless life has become this period I don't remember or care to remember very well.
I get 1 kg+ plate of sushi for my bdays and the immediate family comes around to spend time together. Sure, the magic of being the birthday boy had diminished, but I learned to appreciate it for other things.
Really think that the day is as special as you make it.
That on a daily basis I still see ‘could/should/would of’ instead of ‘have’, and ‘peaked my curiosity’ instead of ‘piqued my curiosity.’

It’s an incredibly minor niggle and one that’s understandable when a large portion (probably the majority) of people on the server aren’t native English speakers, but still...
Everyone having their birthday this month is conceived from a compulsory Valentines Day encounter.
You're welcome.
11/11/2018 11:43Posted by Rukkha
Everyone having their birthday this month is conceived from a compulsory Valentines Day encounter.
You're welcome.

Thanks, it's my birthday too
Peeve: The fact that regular armies and soldiers in WoW have been reduced to Redshirt status. They only exist to be slaughtered en masse. Case in point: Battle of Lordaeron, and numerous quests on both sides ("Take this shredder and burn down the entire base.").
It would make more sense if we would fight some poorly trained militia, however we constantly fight against professional and well-trained soldiers. It's especially bad however when Lightforged or Farstrider (or really any other supposedly elite unite) suffer from this.
11/11/2018 11:21Posted by Tawaka
It’s an incredibly minor niggle and one that’s understandable when a large portion (probably the majority) of people on the server aren’t native English speakers, but still...

It's mostly a Yorkshire thing in my experience, but then again they're barely capable of speaking English anyway
Farstrider's aren't an elite corps, though.

Farstriders are just your regular run-of-the-mill rangers, or are you saying Sentinels are an elite unit too? Or Rangari?
11/11/2018 15:36Posted by Mithralles
Farstrider's aren't an elite corps, though.

It doesn't really matter that much. Replace them with another elite unit if you want. My point remains regardless.
Fair enough.