Cloth Tanks... About time

General
06/11/2018 04:45Posted by Tonysoprano
Or make existing cloth specs as a hybrid tank ***COUGHHHH***WARLOCKS*** COUGHS****

Actually demonology lock could actually tank , with a bit of rework ofc, minions that can sacrifice to give u shields/health , a demon that can tank and take aggro and give u parry , drain health from mobs for aggro and self sustain ?

It would be a bit let's say off the conformists path but it could actually be viable . I would welcome this type of changes.
They could make something like battle priests (something like Tyrande after the events of 8.1), would be cool
06/11/2018 09:43Posted by Aarna
Or make existing cloth specs as a hybrid tank ***COUGHHHH***WARLOCKS*** COUGHS****

Actually demonology lock could actually tank , with a bit of rework ofc, minions that can sacrifice to give u shields/health , a demon that can tank and take aggro and give u parry , drain health from mobs for aggro and self sustain ?

It would be a bit let's say off the conformists path but it could actually be viable . I would welcome this type of changes.
Tank with warlocks utility, that would be insane
I was a beast of a tank in Legion, because my survivability was through the roof xD. I wouldn't mind having a Warlock tank though, even though it doesn't really makes sense a Cloth wearer becoming a tank (In my opinion anyway)
06/11/2018 04:42Posted by Xalvadora
As soon we get a new tanking class from Blizzard that uses that armor It will be possible. We got leather tanks already.

I agree.

Warlocks were actually already meant as pseudo-tanks in vanilla with their pets.

Make warlocks able to tank and we could help the tank shortage.
Arcane Mage tank,with arcane barrier and time warp to remove recent damage. Horrifying Illusion for taunting.

Allow them to wear a shield because it would just rock so hard to see a mage with a sword and board.
Melee demo was actually a thing in beta, hence why they could use swords in vanilla. They even had a threat spell (Conflagration?). We also had a tanking buff.

There even was an encounter, in TBC, in which the main tank was a demo. The boss was a Demon Hunter.

It would really be nice if they came back.
06/11/2018 11:30Posted by Shortbolts
I was a beast of a tank in Legion, because my survivability was through the roof xD. I wouldn't mind having a Warlock tank though, even though it doesn't really makes sense a Cloth wearer becoming a tank (In my opinion anyway)

The glyph in MoP for demo was a great example how WL tank can work: transfering dmg to your pet, sacrificing some of its HP for a strong shield, and you had an smaller absorb for demonic fury.
If I remember correctly you could also decrease incoming dmg through mastery additionaly to the 10/15% dmg reduction.
When you were good equipped it even was very possible to tank in raids.
Disc priest should just be the cloth tank - its 80% of the way there already
They could always meme up the arcane mage and make it conjure weapons and armour and other stuff for that MT experience
That one patch where my warlock could tank heroic dungeons... it was glorious.

Still miss that form above it all.
Make mage tank a possibility <3

Bit like disc priest, but self buff shields and maintaining shields. Could even make it like stagger, so another class could have that mechanic.

Imagine a magic shield tank, where you can cast various shields that soak damage. And the class is all about maintaining shields and dampening attacks.

Don't think a hunter tank would work, you'd have to heavily move 2 characters to avoid mechanics. A healer hunter would be sick, firing healing arrows! Or firing an arrow that causes AoE healing in a circle etc.

Warlock tank would be cool, like above though would be a nightmare controlling a pet tank and your character to avoid mechanics. They could "merge" with a pet (think Susano and sausuke from naruto). Where the warlock uses a demonic pet as armour/merging with them.
06/11/2018 04:52Posted by Xalvadora
That could be done in some way. Example letting a warlock possess a demon and use it as a tank. He would need to place himself in a safe location before entering the demon and keep an eye on the "new human pet" blindly following him :)

That's... actually a pretty awesome idea!
In MoP I tanked LFR bosses with my demonology warlock (demon form had a taunt and was actually quite tanky). I still don't really support it though. Warlocks aren't that sturdy, and unless they bring out a spec that would be something like Nighthold Gul'dan I don't support it.
06/11/2018 04:56Posted by Kaløyan
They could make Mages, Warlocks and Hunters to tank with their minions/pets. Not like the current "Taunt" joke... A real pet tanks! Raid tanks!

Why not make a requirement as 'TRUE SWORDSMEN' as an Arms Warriors? To be able to 'tank' as an evasion and parry based tanks they'd be required to wear only cloth?

Or mail armor based tanking, why not engineering hunter, builds a tank where to sit in and tank?
Kind of always wanted Warlock to be able to tank with a Pitlord or something... it'd be so cool..

But I have no idea how you'd ever balance it outside of instanced situations.
Shaman needs a tank class as well and cloth gear.
06/11/2018 18:22Posted by Vurru
Shaman needs a tank class as well and cloth gear.

You can roll a monk you know?

Jokes a side, back when shaman's were the 'jacks of all trades', we they could even pick locks and stealth, charge and even fly based on the documented historical data - in some hardly gathered pieces of information they could off-tank in some instances, but that remains unsure as there are no any fact information available of any events where it could have occurred.

Just stories told to children trying to boost shamans as a good choice instead of choosing peacekeeper career as a druid.

Which reminds of a song..

Kiuas: The Pandaren's Lamentation

I walk on the burning sands
I walk in the freezing cold
I walk from the verdant woods
To desolate rocks and stone
Wind it speaks to me
Earth keeps me company
Carrying me on my journey

They call me the Pandaren
I seek the truth
I read between the lies
They call me the Pandaren
I wonder am I doomed
To seek but never find

Brews – give me powers to cross the seas
To reach the divine frontiers
My feet are numb
I'm blinded by the burning sun
Hear – I will not abandon this now
I can still prove myself somehow
Restore my strength
And I'll go to the ends of the earth

I long to wander free
Throughout, across, within
I hurry patiently
I move with no movement at all
When the way ahead looks narrow
Let me flow through like a stream
When a wall stands in my way
Let It crumble right away
I'm cloth tanking on my mage and lock in most dungeons I join already ^^.
I only miss the title lol.

/#Aggroisreal
New tanks?
Demo lock like in MoP and shamans with 4th spec.
Locks dont need much work: copy paste skills from MoP and some fixes, perma demon form, one or two spells.
Shaman based on earth element could be funny option, here is more work, but imo worth.