Ninja

Classic Discussion
Sooo, big part of vanilla, was ninja looting... I cant Imagine this now...
I bet half of people will complain about this, any thoughts ?
We all have fond memories of Vanilla and beeing ninja'd was a highlight... not.
Bring back chinese gold farmers!
Just remember to spam trade chat, telling the world what a douchebag the guy is.
Frankly no, I personally encountered ninjas almost never and most ninjas were just classes rolling on items they shouldn't have. Eg: "huntar items"

To actually ninja you need masterloot on. This was rarely tolerated in PuGs so people couldn't really ninja.

However much more serious than ninjas were people robbing guild banks. Now that's a one massive ninja loot! Usually it was the GM who closed a failing guild, took entire guild bank for himself and joined a new one.
I ninjad in Vanilla a couple of times, I asked this guy to make me a heartseeker dagger, nice blue rogue dagger, I basically give him around half the mats and said I would give him the rest when I had the dagger, I never did, but I got the dagger.

I also ninjad Bloodfang pants and perditions blade I think it was called from Ragnaros and ragequit the guild I was in.

I wasn't a very nice person.
Let's bring some loot trade defenders here with their fantasies about Trve Vanilla Community that presumably should magically prevent people from abusing loot trade.
They probably will persuade you that ninja looting never ever happened in Vanilla because Every Player had Reputation or something like that.
My very first ZG run, I needed on some level 55 boe green ring with +str and +sta which dropped from the trash. I was a priest so I was called a ninja and I was like wtf, I needed that. When they found out that I had used it to replace a level 20 ring with few stamina points on it, and realized that pretty much rest of my gear was as !@#$ greens, it became a long jest each time a random boe green dropped that someone check my gear if I could use upgrade. I think later they even gave me a proper melee dps epic weapon from MC to commemorate my long development from annoying 13yo helium voice in the vent with 0 clue about anything to someone who topped healing meters raid after raid.

Also, I will definitely ninja again.
If loot trading is in, I will need EVERY SINGLE ITEM.

And I will use the excuse "sorry, I misscliked".

If I will be asked how can I missclik so many times, I will just say that I am drunk.

I will also NOT TRADE any of the items I will win, using the excuse that I am so drunk, I can't see the trading window.

The amount of tickets flowing to Customer Support, if loot trading is in, will be 10 times higher if the loot trading is out, simply because everyone will report everyone.

Basically, loot trading makes ninja-ing items OFFICIAL.
09/11/2018 10:24Posted by Recollector

If I will be asked how can I missclik so many times, I will just say that I am drunk.

I will also NOT TRADE any of the items I will win, using the excuse that I am so drunk, I can't see the trading window.
That's okay. Just a new reality we will have to live with. As will be your bad rep with other players.
The amount of tickets flowing to Customer Support, if loot trading is in, will be 10 times higher if the loot trading is out.
Those tickets will be ignored because they put in a self-help system called 'loot trading'.
09/11/2018 02:45Posted by Nighthand
I ninjad in Vanilla a couple of times, I asked this guy to make me a heartseeker dagger, nice blue rogue dagger, I basically give him around half the mats and said I would give him the rest when I had the dagger, I never did, but I got the dagger.

I also ninjad Bloodfang pants and perditions blade I think it was called from Ragnaros and ragequit the guild I was in.

Well, your guild was full of idiots, basically.

Doing raids without Master Looter is the epitome of idiocy.

Gratz for doing what you did btw:). Idiots deserved it.

That's okay. Just a new reality we will have to live with. As will be your bad rep with other players.
The amount of tickets flowing to Customer Support, if loot trading is in, will be 10 times higher if the loot trading is out.
Those tickets will be ignored because they put in a self-help system called 'loot trading'.

The tickets will be for player collusion, and won't be ignored, because they are against ToS.

Bet you didn't knew that.
09/11/2018 10:33Posted by Recollector
The tickets will be for player collusion, and won't be ignored, because they are against ToS.

Well, then you have a great way to thank the people that gave you free Classic don't you.

Bury them in tickets. Such a cool and edgy guy.
09/11/2018 10:30Posted by Recollector
09/11/2018 02:45Posted by Nighthand

Well, your guild was full of idiots, basically.

Doing raids without Master Looter is the epitome of idiocy.

Gratz for doing what you did btw:). Idiots deserved it.

Not really, a lot of guilds used ffa since ml bugged out if the ml died.
09/11/2018 10:40Posted by Crustus
09/11/2018 10:33Posted by Recollector

Well, then you have a great way to thank the people that gave you free Classic don't you.

Bury them in tickets. Such a cool and edgy guy.

Well, I didn't decided to add a non-Vanilla feature in Classic. Blizzard did.

They will reap the "benefits" of loot trading feature.

Thing is...loot trading won't make it to Classic, simply because it will lead to Customer Services being flooded with tickets.

Blizzard was out of touch, when they assumed that loot trading will somehow REMOVE GMs works.

It will remove the tickets asking for loot redistribution...but it will exponentially increase the tickets on player collusion.

Again, NOT MY FAULT if they stick with loot trading in Classic.
09/11/2018 10:49Posted by Recollector
For a good reason. Well, not good in your eyes but then again it isn't your money we are talking about here, is it.
Thing is...loot trading won't make it to Classic, simply because it will lead to Customer Services being flooded with tickets.
Assuming enough people are as childish about it as you are.
Blizzard was out of touch, when they assumed that loot trading will somehow REMOVE GMs works.

It will remove the tickets asking for loot redistribution...but it will exponentially increase the tickets on player collusion.
No it won't, at all. And i can prove that just as well as you can prove your fantasy.

Classic is going to be fine.
09/11/2018 11:23Posted by Crustus
For a good reason. Well, not good in your eyes but then again it isn't your money we are talking about here, is it.
Assuming enough people are as childish about it as you are.

No it won't, at all. And i can prove that just as well as you can prove your fantasy.

Classic is going to be fine.

Well, it didn't took long for you to be on my ignore list.
09/11/2018 03:08Posted by Федя
Let's bring some loot trade defenders here with their fantasies about Trve Vanilla Community that presumably should magically prevent people from abusing loot trade.
They probably will persuade you that ninja looting never ever happened in Vanilla because Every Player had Reputation or something like that.

You'd look much better if you didn't do your talking through your !@#$.

That's the whole point. Ninja looting happened in the original game and we didn't even have loot trading back then.

Difference now is, that if a ML passes an item to the wrong player by mistake, that player can then trade the item to the person who won it.

Failing to do so will not only cause them to be removed from the guild/group but they will be put on a blacklist, and will never see group content ever again. That's how a closed server community deals with ninja looters, and it is quite effective.

Not sure how they did it on PVP realms, with most of the people there being toxic as hell, but on RP and PVE realms, ninja looters were never that much of a problem because of the blacklists.

They will reap the "benefits" of loot trading feature

What?

Blizzard was out of touch

I think you're a bit out of touch with yourself and reality there buddy. You should probably take your medicine more often.
That's the whole point. Ninja looting happened in the original game and we didn't even have loot trading back then.

but that's not the point....

the point is that loot Trading changes the whole social structure of loot distributing, and creating NEW ways to ninjaloot, without being even flagged as ninjalooter because it's all within the rules of the games, and no one spotting them, because gm's and game is no longer in charge of this system, players are.

The amount of tickets flowing to Customer Support, if loot trading is in, will be 10 times higher if the loot trading is out, simply because everyone will report everyone.

Basically, loot trading makes ninja-ing items OFFICIAL.

Exactly my thoughts and I have already like nearly 20 people who are going to do just this in protest of the Loot Trading mechanic.

Blizzard have just made ninja looting excusable and encourages it essentially. Why wouldn't you just need on everything now that you can just blame it on a missclick or say its for your offspec.