If you have money to spare, buy Blizzard Stock now

General
The stupid crying about Diablo makes them drop right now, but these people will find something else to cry soon and the stocks will go back up again.

So honestly, if you have money to spare, buy some Blizzard Stocks, you can sell them in a few month for some nice profit...
This man is right

This man knows

But my man , still ..... there is the "FEAR OF HOW GOOD ACTIVATION-BLIZZARD WILL PREFORM"

I don't know about the Activation part , but i know how Blizz always screws up

WOD
+
BFA

Rethink you plans my man .
I think with you two being such massive stock market experts you will be expecting calls from Fidelity Investments to recruit you any day now !
It's less about crying, and more about stock investors not wanting another Starwars Battlefront 2 on their hands.

Blizzard teaming up with a Chinese company, to make a game, a company that is well known for pay to win and loot boxes...

When many places are in the proccess of turning loot boxes into gambling.

With a potential trade fight off between China and the USA....

Maybe not the smartest or most confidence inspiring moves they've ever done.
Stop crying until you get ice cream! You are fine! :D
You're either brave or naive to try and make a quick buck with the stock market.

Any money invested in shares, would need to be tied up for a couple of years before you could get any healthy profit.

Finally, the risk of losing your money is very real and there would be next to nothing you could do.
The broker views and the soft fourth quarterly for cast does leave for a further fall for blizzard. The like for like sales over the period 2017 to 2018 shows a fall in overall turn over for the same period as last year. The sub numbers for the blizzard division did not go up even after the release of BFA and other titles in the Blizzard division. The diablo Immortal mess has left many investors wondering if Blizzard is worth investing.

The profits are down but only slightly but on a downward spiral. The news that platform for Diablo Immortal seems ok but the requirements to run on mobile phones seems high and so the market will be a small one. They have to re configure the requirements maybe to make it more open the customer base. This marketing and research of mobile games as mentioned by Blizzard on other IPS has left the broker /investors nervous if Blizzard continue along this road.

The projections as an example for mobile IPS titles for Blizzard would be in the region of $300 million as a worse case scenario year on year for cast for Diablo Immortal. This projection is if the game was open across the mobile base. The spec requirements and the suggestion that the mobile needs to be connected all the time had me wonder if that is true. This would the game a total failure from the off .
09/11/2018 04:26Posted by Felìx
You're either brave or naive to try and make a quick buck with the stock market.

Any money invested in shares, would need to be tied up for a couple of years before you could get any healthy profit.

Finally, the risk of losing your money is very real and there would be next to nothing you could do.

The statement hold no water examples of people making a quick buck stems from 2007/09 bank crash. The sector was in a bad state and many bought when they were low like pennies. A few weeks later they recovered and people made a lot of profit. This applies today any company which runs into trouble share fall but recover. A few examples Thomas Cook /Lloyds/ TSB/ Dixons and so on. Its knowing what's going on and when to buy and sell in a short window.
09/11/2018 03:54Posted by Zanmarea
Maybe not the smartest or most confidence inspiring moves they've ever done.

They could just not release that game in all of the US and EU and it'd still be more profitable then any mainline diablo series from china sales alone.

And IF you want profit you have to buy a lot of stocks not just one or two... Atm a blizzard stock is like 64 dollars if I remember correctly. So you need to invest at least 6400 dollars and wait for next expansion when stocks will probably rise in price to make a profit. I am no experth though, just my common sence tells me no.
Out of hour trading $56.70 at present , this is from the for cast and the silly statement employees have made about moving developers away from the PC base to Mobile. Common sense says, saying something like that is plain stupid . Diablo mobile is not even out yet. They moving away from PC to mobile and waving off the PC customer base honestly what do you think going to happen.

The question is moving developers from PC base to mobile base , one asked do they have the experience in relation to the mobile gaming as its different model, spec from PC. That is a good question to be honest.
09/11/2018 06:18Posted by Mortheria

The statement hold no water examples of people making a quick buck stems from 2007/09 bank crash. The sector was in a bad state and many bought when they were low like pennies. A few weeks later they recovered and people made a lot of profit. This applies today any company which runs into trouble share fall but recover. A few examples Thomas Cook /Lloyds/ TSB/ Dixons and so on. Its knowing what's going on and when to buy and sell in a short window.

Thanks for correcting me on this. Is buying and selling quickly making a profit called Short Selling?

From various documentaries and videos I've seen on the meltdown in '08 , there were a number of people who did something like this (hence the short selling) and they managed to make tens of millions of £'s or $'s when the markets were in total meltdown around them?

I don't understand that much about the stock markets and the complex maths that goes in to work stuff out. A number of family friends of my folks, lost so much money because they had an ISA that was tied to stocks and shares. It scared me how much money can be lost in a second with a toxic market, that is dipping and rising all day. Scary stuff and I hold my hands up and admit I don't know too much about playing on the stock exchange.
Just remember to buy high and sell low
I hope it keeps dropping, because this wasnt the developer's fault, it was the choice of money hungry rich shareholders who only care about money so they made the devs go mobile.

I hope they lose a ton of money for their greed
I mean all we need is someone to own at least 51% of the company as if you own >50% of the company it's the associate, but once you cross the 50% margin it becomes a subsidiary to a parent company (you), hence after you can make all of the decisions.
When you get on top, after there is only one way.
I don't think Blizzard will recover soon. Diablo Immortal is not near ready and if this keeps up, Blizzard may be in trouble before it actually hits the China market.
09/11/2018 07:27Posted by Râlph
I hope it keeps dropping, because this wasnt the developer's fault, it was the choice of money hungry rich shareholders who only care about money so they made the devs go mobile.

That's a very uninformed thing to say.

There's one thing shareholders care about: Growth.

The company has to show that it is capable of growing, not to make more money for the sake of it, but because growth is necessary for any company to compete and maintain its position in the market. If there's no growth, then EA and Ubisoft and Nintendo will eat Activision Blizzard like a piece of meat and it will be no more.

Activision Blizzard itself needs continual growth, because if there is no growth, then it is forced to reduce the size of the company to survive, which means people get fired, and the company won't be able to do all the things it would like to do.

And gamers like you and me want growth because it's what gives us something to look forward to. If there's no growth, then the company can only maintain the portfolio it already has. It's growth that enables the company to make new games, because there's money available that can be invested into new projects.
When WoW became a huge success it provided a lot of growth. That growth was invested into development of StarCraft II, Diablo III, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, and Overwatch.
If you're a Blizzard gamer and you want new games to play in the future, then the company has to have growth so it has money to invest into making those games.

People think shareholders are evil. But a shareholder's concern is the exact same as a gamer's concern: That the company is healthy and has the ability to make more great games for the future.

That's what everyone wants. Shareholders win when the company is doing great. And that's also when the company itself wins. And it's when gamers win. Everyone's on the same side here!

Activision Blizzard are an independent company that's publicly owned. There's no parent company trying to liquidate all its assets or sell off its core business or anything. Activision Blizzard litterally has to survive on its own ability to make great gaming products, and its shareholders are investing in the company believing that it is capable of doing exactly that. And us gamers, we're hoping that Activision Blizzard can make those great gaming products now and in the future, because we want to play them!

People really give shareholders a bad rep, which is rather unjustified. Since Activision Blizzard is an independent company, the goal and motivation for the company, the shareholders, and the fans, it's the same!

I have some shares in Activision Blizzard. What I want as a shareholders is the exact same thing that I want as a Blizzard fan. The perspective is a bit different – looking at financial numbers versus looking at patch notes – but the goal is the same: To have the best, most amazing gaming experiences in the world. That's good for me as a shareholder, and it's good for me as a Blizzard fan.
09/11/2018 07:10Posted by Felìx
09/11/2018 06:18Posted by Mortheria

Thanks for correcting me on this. Is buying and selling quickly making a profit called Short Selling?

From various documentaries and videos I've seen on the meltdown in '08 , there were a number of people who did something like this (hence the short selling) and they managed to make tens of millions of £'s or $'s when the markets were in total meltdown around them?

I don't understand that much about the stock markets and the complex maths that goes in to work stuff out. A number of family friends of my folks, lost so much money because they had an ISA that was tied to stocks and shares. It scared me how much money can be lost in a second with a toxic market, that is dipping and rising all day. Scary stuff and I hold my hands up and admit I don't know too much about playing on the stock exchange.

Shorting or short selling stocks is betting against the stock meaning your investing money and betting the stock will drop. IE buy high sell low.
09/11/2018 09:52Posted by Zyndrome
Shorting or short selling stocks is betting against the stock meaning your investing money and betting the stock will drop. IE buy high sell low.

I thought it was the opposite - sell high - buy low. The difference is that you're selling something you don't own(borrowed), that's why you're "short" of it with the hope that the price will drop and you can close your short position with a profit(buying back at lower price).