If you have money to spare, buy Blizzard Stock now

General
09/11/2018 09:56Posted by Shumensko
09/11/2018 09:52Posted by Zyndrome
Shorting or short selling stocks is betting against the stock meaning your investing money and betting the stock will drop. IE buy high sell low.

I thought it was the opposite - sell high - buy low. The difference is that you're selling something you don't own(borrowed), that's why you're "short" of it with the hope that the price will drop and you can close your short position with a profit(buying back at lower price).

You got it right. My explanation wasn't on point :) Although would you not still buy(borrow) high and sell low then?
09/11/2018 07:27Posted by Râlph
I hope it keeps dropping, because this wasnt the developer's fault, it was the choice of money hungry rich shareholders who only care about money so they made the devs go mobile.

That's a very uninformed thing to say.

There's one thing shareholders care about: Growth..

And why do they need growth? For MORE MONEY FOR THE SAKE OF MONEY

The profits big companies make are so enormous the people who have them cannot spend them personally in their lives and nobody needs that kind of money

If they wanted growth they only needed to focus on making games or improving their current ones, but blizzard instead chose to jump into the mobile market that hates game depth which is literally the opposite of what their current fanbase wants.

Blizzard isnt breaking even, they are earning a ton of money they can invest
09/11/2018 10:12Posted by Râlph

*sigh*

It falls on deaf ears to speak to you, it seems. Be that as it may.
09/11/2018 10:53Posted by Jito
09/11/2018 10:12Posted by Râlph

*sigh*

It falls on deaf ears to speak to you, it seems. Be that as it may.
Because corporations are known that at the end of the day care about the bettering of the world and not just money
09/11/2018 01:44Posted by Xemeron
The stupid crying about Diablo makes them drop right now, but these people will find something else to cry soon and the stocks will go back up again.

Yes... and ? Why should I pay back for anyone else's incompetence ?
09/11/2018 01:44Posted by Xemeron
So honestly, if you have money to spare, buy some Blizzard Stocks, you can sell them in a few month for some nice profit...

I think this is by far the worst post I have ever read on a these forums since I started playing this game. If I have money to spare, I'd give it away to those who are in need, not waste it on a multi billionaire company. How can you even begin to think about having the nerve to tell people to waste their money on a f'cking video game, when the world outside is in shambles ?

Forgive my rudeness, but please go to f'ck yourself you pathetic ignorant.
my guess whould be that Xemeron has bought some blizzard stocks and want them to go up so he tells others to buy it...

dont worry the stocks can always go lower at december when 8.1 releases.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdjYpS4DyN0

Falling repeatedly even after trading hours xD
They'll go back up, but it's not any money making scheme if you were to buy some.

It's one of those cases where "money goes to money". If you could buy like 1000 stocks right now, you'd make a sum when it rises again. If you're the average joe and can buy like 5 at best, you will make like 40 bucks/euros.

There's only two ways of making actual money from stock market, either by playing it A LOT more than just buying blizzard stock when it goes down or by being extremely lucky and getting yourself into the next bitcoin farce.
09/11/2018 11:07Posted by Râlph
Because corporations are known that at the end of the day care about the bettering of the world and not just money

A CEO in a company I used to work for had a nice explanation during a time where the company was in a bad financial period and people were confused about the increased financial focus as opposed to the company's mission and values.

As humans we need to breathe oxygen so we can live, but we don't live only so we can breathe oxygen.
As a company we need to make money so we can exist, but we don't exist only so we can make money.

All companies need to make money. That's just the world we live in. But most companies also have a mission statement that goes beyond that. For Blizzard it's:
"Dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever."

You and I also go to work because we need money to pay the bills, but that doesn't mean that's our entire lives' purpose, even if we put pride in our work. You'll probably have goals and dreams and hobbies that you pursue outside of work, and the money you earn enables you to do that.
Imagine taking financial advise on a WoW forum
09/11/2018 11:59Posted by Jito
You and I also go to work because we need money to pay the bills, but that doesn't mean that's our entire lives' purpose, even if we put pride in our work. You'll probably have goals and dreams and hobbies that you pursue outside of work, and the money you earn enables you to do that.

Indeed i really need to have a few billion for my hobbies which involve buying islands, personal castles and cruise ships, normal cheap stuff that i cannot live without since those are BASIC HUMAN NEEDS.
How do people survive in anything less than a 6000 square feet villas D:

But i understand there is no point discussing this since you seriously are trying to suggest there is something more than a legal obligation for follow their mission statement and not just doing whatever possible to get money aka PROFIT aka this isnt about scrapping by to pay their employees, its about earning ridiculous amounts of money that no single human ever needs
09/11/2018 12:16Posted by Râlph
its about earning ridiculous amounts of money that no single human ever needs

Your comments seem more about your disapproval with capitalism than Blizzard's ability to make new, exciting video games.

But whatever, let's go grab Lenin's corpse in his mausoleum and see if we can't get communism back on track!...Or what?

But whatever. You should go into politics if you want this kind of stuff changed, not sit and complain about it on a gaming forum.
/smh
"Dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever."

Are they though? They should update their mission statement to be honest.

Something like,

"Bringing overpriced moderately engaging entertainment services for everyone in the family"
09/11/2018 12:27Posted by Jito
But whatever, let's go grab Lenin's corpse in his mausoleum and see if we can't get communism back on track!...Or what?

I always find it so funny when people mention communism when someone says corporate greed should be regulated harshly, but i guess destroying many things including the planet they currently live on is clearly acceptable xD

Corporate greed is what lead to blizzard going mobile, if they were really interesting in making epic game experiences they would make way more games instead of playing it safe and only making copies of popular game or old game remakes
eastern market are calling blizzard dishonorable ... so i wouldn't go buying stocks just yet ...

the eastern playerbase don't like how blizzard are treating westerns either they could boycott the games
09/11/2018 11:16Posted by Henoriel
I think this is by far the worst post I have ever read on a these forums since I started playing this game. If I have money to spare, I'd give it away to those who are in need, not waste it on a multi billionaire company. How can you even begin to think about having the nerve to tell people to waste their money on a f'cking video game, when the world outside is in shambles ?

You can use that money you would use to better the world to buy the stocks now that they are low, wait till Diablo Immortal hits thze market and the stocks skyrocket again, sell them and have more money to better the world.

Hope it helps ;)
also i think it will drop even further once they find out they don't have anything concrete in the works on pc and they are just lying to us.

will 100% get a lot worse yet this was just 1 of many mobile titles .. wait until it's warcrafts turn.

diablo was a pretty dead player base and it caused this reaction.
09/11/2018 10:00Posted by Zyndrome
09/11/2018 09:56Posted by Shumensko

I thought it was the opposite - sell high - buy low. The difference is that you're selling something you don't own(borrowed), that's why you're "short" of it with the hope that the price will drop and you can close your short position with a profit(buying back at lower price).

You got it right. My explanation wasn't on point :) Although would you not still buy(borrow) high and sell low then?

Thanks for explaining the whole Short selling thing.

I would guess more people from Activision are now in senior roles with Blizzard, which would explain why in the last few years Blizzard's focus and attitude has shifted a great deal?

Lets face it, Activision are just as scummy as EA and they have a really bad reputation within the gaming industry for screwing developers etc with their business practices.

I would see this whole mobile money grab as a sign that WoW is no longer bringing in so much money that it could keep the company afloat, which also took pressure off the other teams, who would not be pressured to just push a game out early as Blizzard needed the presales to stay solvent.

I wonder if there will be a time where someone within Blizzard helps to buy Activision out and allow them to go back to being an independent studio?
And it can keep falling slowly with minor bumps for a long time. Years even. Or rise slowly.

Even if you predict short term perfectly you get what, 10-20%, over few months? How much are fees anyway if you invest a little?

Don't buy anything, just go play cheap lottery if you want some excitement. At least you lose like 5 euros not hundreds.
There's no point in buying any stock atm because it's constantly going down so you'll be losing money