If you have money to spare, buy Blizzard Stock now

General
09/11/2018 13:00Posted by Felìx
I wonder if there will be a time where someone within Blizzard helps to buy Activision out and allow them to go back to being an independent studio?

They are an independent studio.

Vivendi merged Vivendi Games with Activision, and then they called it Activision Blizzard, because Blizzard's name was cooler than Vivendi's. And then Vivendi basically owned Activision Blizzard. It became a footnote among Vivendi's other businesses.

Bobby Kotick and Activision Blizzard then decided to buy Vivendi's majority shares in the company, so Activsion Blizzard could become an independent company. They had to dig a bit into their own pockets, but they did do it, so today Activision Blizzard is a publicly owned company. There is no single person who has the majority share in the company.

It's actually the first time in Blizzard's history, whilst they've had the name Blizzard, that they have been independent. They're just independent together with these other development companies, and then together they call themselves Activision Blizzard.

But in the fullest term of the word, they have independence. There's no one above them anymore.
A certain chinese company has a large stake in Blizzard its linked in the history and we must wonder why a certain chinese company has been handling blizzard games in asia for a while.

It may be publicly owned, but when a share holder holds more than 25% stake they have a large say sorry.
Makes sense why you are a goblin :)))
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/activision-blizzard-shares-fall-10-percent-after-reporting-decline-in-monthly-active-users.html

say what, OP?
Activision will NOT recover from this, remember that there are 4 big titles coming soon on gaming industry also.
09/11/2018 17:14Posted by Slopydemon
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/activision-blizzard-shares-fall-10-percent-after-reporting-decline-in-monthly-active-users.html

say what, OP?
Activision will NOT recover from this, remember that there are 4 big titles coming soon on gaming industry also.

which titles are you referring to ?
shareholders: we want mobile
players: you think you do but you don't
blizzard stock fell from 83 to 54.
I have 0 money and feed myself off rocks and raw pasta to play wow
The brokers have started listing Blizzard stock at a lower level some revisions have been from $72 to $ 62 that's a big kick for future investment with Blizzard. The advice hire some proper PR people please.

Reading the transcript from management about how the company is doing. I find it strange to say the mobile market may be waning and their business model with blizzard products seem to be going in that direction. . The more I read and look into how blizzard operate its not looking good and the investors/brokers can see where its going. So far 1 broker has come out and said that Blizzard model is puzzling.

Watching you tubers/streamers and looking at blogs on the state of Activision share after the closing on 9/11/18 at $55. It occurred to me that the Blizzard division has under performed, in reality its going backwards with its MAU at 37 million. I discussed the issues and model with some friends and threw a few ideas around on what course Blizzard will take. The conclusion is that the next quarter may decide Blizzard fate.

On a side note the Black ops 4 being released in October instead of November as planned would of left the 3 quarterly results in a negative light. It seems that Brokers/Investors know this and the share price has suffered. The projection is that the share price could go could suffer more in the coming days.
09/11/2018 13:51Posted by Jito
09/11/2018 13:00Posted by Felìx
I wonder if there will be a time where someone within Blizzard helps to buy Activision out and allow them to go back to being an independent studio?

They are an independent studio.

Vivendi merged Vivendi Games with Activision, and then they called it Activision Blizzard, because Blizzard's name was cooler than Vivendi's. And then Vivendi basically owned Activision Blizzard. It became a footnote among Vivendi's other businesses.

Bobby Kotick and Activision Blizzard then decided to buy Vivendi's majority shares in the company, so Activsion Blizzard could become an independent company. They had to dig a bit into their own pockets, but they did do it, so today Activision Blizzard is a publicly owned company. There is no single person who has the majority share in the company.

It's actually the first time in Blizzard's history, whilst they've had the name Blizzard, that they have been independent. They're just independent together with these other development companies, and then together they call themselves Activision Blizzard.

But in the fullest term of the word, they have independence. There's no one above them anymore.

Blimey, the structure is totally different to what I was assuming. I never realised that Activision-Blizzard is actually made up of so many smaller studios.

I found the info in your post really interesting and I learned something from it!
09/11/2018 04:26Posted by Felìx
You're either brave or naive to try and make a quick buck with the stock market.

Any money invested in shares, would need to be tied up for a couple of years before you could get any healthy profit.

Finally, the risk of losing your money is very real and there would be next to nothing you could do.

Clearly you know nothing, my grandad buys and sells shares form his arm chair, he can buy them at 8am and quite possibly sold them again by 1pm, He can makes thousands a day, not every day ofc, but ain’t so bad for just sitting in a chair.
09/11/2018 11:59Posted by Jito
09/11/2018 11:07Posted by Râlph
Because corporations are known that at the end of the day care about the bettering of the world and not just money

A CEO in a company I used to work for had a nice explanation during a time where the company was in a bad financial period and people were confused about the increased financial focus as opposed to the company's mission and values.

As humans we need to breathe oxygen so we can live, but we don't live only so we can breathe oxygen.
As a company we need to make money so we can exist, but we don't exist only so we can make money.

All companies need to make money. That's just the world we live in. But most companies also have a mission statement that goes beyond that. For Blizzard it's:
"Dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever."

You and I also go to work because we need money to pay the bills, but that doesn't mean that's our entire lives' purpose, even if we put pride in our work. You'll probably have goals and dreams and hobbies that you pursue outside of work, and the money you earn enables you to do that.

Still trying to get mvp back... jesus christ man
This thread gives me great stress.
09/11/2018 23:27Posted by Wolfblood
09/11/2018 04:26Posted by Felìx
You're either brave or naive to try and make a quick buck with the stock market.

Any money invested in shares, would need to be tied up for a couple of years before you could get any healthy profit.

Finally, the risk of losing your money is very real and there would be next to nothing you could do.

Clearly you know nothing, my grandad buys and sells shares form his arm chair, he can buy them at 8am and quite possibly sold them again by 1pm, He can makes thousands a day, not every day ofc, but ain’t so bad for just sitting in a chair.

It takes skill to do what your grandad does and it can be a high risk method of buying and selling shares. But if you have no idea what you're doing and buy a few shares of Blizzard, expecting to make a good return in a short space of time, it's just too much risk.

Blizzard's share price has been all over the place this year and I think it's a really risky move trying to make money on their shares, when their share prices are really not stable.

I've already put my hands up for stuff I didn't know correctly. But I stand by my original comment that it is really risky to try and make a quick buck with Blizzard's shares.
My advice do not buy the shares at this time as the transcript mentioned a few things which did not add up and the decision making about certain games being brought forward highlighted the results are worse than they reported.
My advice do not buy the shares at this time as the transcript mentioned a few things which did not add up and the decision making about certain games being brought forwarded highlighted the results are worse than they reported.

It's funny that the WoW forums have gotten to a state where people care so much about the investor relations part of Activision Blizzard, and there's even speculation, forecasts, and general financial advices being given out :D

It says something about the Blizzard fanbase, but I'm not sure what :P
Many people from different walks of life play Blizzard games to relax. The fact some people feel the need to give advice and report what's happening may not concern people but its nice to be kept up to date.
11/11/2018 02:35Posted by Mortheria
Many people from different walks of life play Blizzard games to relax. The fact some people feel the need to give advice and report what's happening may not concern people but its nice to be kept up to date.

For sure. It does give some insight into the development side of things as well, but still, it is funny :P
11/11/2018 02:40Posted by Jito
11/11/2018 02:35Posted by Mortheria

For sure. It does give some insight into the development side of things as well, but still, it is funny :P

I was in my early 20's when I first played WoW, I'm 39 next month, so I guess a lot of "us" who have been online gaming from the early 00's have grown up to do many things. I was just a barman when I first tried online games and it lead to me becoming an IT tech after going to Uni in my early 30's.

I think anyone who was an adult around '06 to 09' remembers how easy it was to get into debt and then how hard it was to get back out after the markets crashed.
09/11/2018 03:54Posted by Zanmarea
It's less about crying, and more about stock investors not wanting another Starwars Battlefront 2 on their hands.

Blizzard teaming up with a Chinese company, to make a game, a company that is well known for pay to win and loot boxes...

When many places are in the proccess of turning loot boxes into gambling.

With a potential trade fight off between China and the USA....

Maybe not the smartest or most confidence inspiring moves they've ever done.

How dare you make a logical comment here!

The OP won't be able to read it.
i don't know man they kind of screwing with a lot of their games not just with the mobile thing, destiny 2, call of duty... all their games are dropping pretty badly