Increase drop rate in PvP or bring Vendors

Arenas
You guys either don't get it or act like you don't ...

Blizzard is a company that aims towards one thing under that thinly veiled " gaming spirit " bullshyt : MONEY.

With the old system, you could pick your set easily and finish it however you wanted it.
IE after 8 or 9 wins you can buy that 360 weapon you wanted to start with.
EVEN AT 500 ratings
Now you get aspirant 330 crap at a 1k4 rating.
You wanted a 355 different item ? Too bad you get the same 330 wrist you got last game.

Thus, you feel the need to grind more and play more and maybe after like 60 wins you get a 355 one-handed sword ( if RNG decides to have mercy on you ).

And back to square one with item number 2.
Rince and repeat.
Resulting in a 4 month pvp grinding to not even get the gear you wanted = profit = 4 months of pvp instead of one or two.

Add to that the fact that you will be forced to PVE now.
Why you say ? I'm glad you asked.
How the frack you gon beat the mythic 9 PVErs spamming arenas with their DHs and their stupid stacked traits while you're still collecting those aspirant 330 wrists ?
Yeah they scaled pvp but by how much ?
His secondary stats and azerites still gon whoop your A.

Welcome to PVE grinding ( to get one item after 35mins you're not even sure will match your spec ).

BFA is fixing PVP they said.
Hate on my comment all you want, it's a sad truth you can't simply ignore.
14/11/2018 09:27Posted by Potatokickin

Blizzard is a company that aims towards one thing under that thinly veiled " gaming spirit " bullshyt : MONEY.

With the old system, you could pick your set easily and finish it however you wanted it.
EVEN AT 500 ratings
You wanted a 355 different item ? Too bad you get the same 330 wrist you got last game.

Thus, you feel the need to grind more and play more and maybe after like 60 wins you get a 355 one-handed sword ( if RNG decides to have mercy on you ).

Rince and repeat.
Resulting in a 4 month pvp grinding to not even get the gear you wanted = profit = 4 months of pvp instead of or two.

How the frack you gon beat the mythic 9 PVErs spamming arenas with their DHs znd their stupid stacked traits while you're still collecting those aspirant 330 wrists ?

Welcome to PVE grinding ( to get one item after 35mins you're not even sure will match your spec ).

+

EVEN AT 500 ratings

Rince and repeat.
Resulting in a 4 month pvp grinding to not even get the gear you wanted = profit = 4 months of pvp instead of one or two.

How the frack you gon beat the mythic 9 PVErs spamming arenas with their DHs and their stupid stacked traits while you're still collecting those aspirant 330 wrists ?

Uuuhm no, you're actually not looking at the big picture. While steady earnings, and usually ever-increasing earnings, are the ultimate goal of most companies, it's not like successful companies can only think about that. It's about customer satisfaction, while also getting what they want out of the customers, which is a tricky balance.
But the problem is that both you, and them, are so focused on other small things that you can't see the real frustrations.

I'll put it in simpler terms: No matter what rewards or how fast you get your gratification, if the gameplay itself isn't fun enough, then that frustration won't go away.

I'm not saying the gearing process itself isn't a problem, I'm just saying it is not a conspiracy like you made it out to be. It's just... misguided.
why did they nerfed it is there any answer to that becouse at the beginnign the gear drops were evry good u can eq easly all ur chars and now 30 wins 2 items it feels kinda dumb in pve u get so many items.
14/11/2018 10:50Posted by Irai
Uuuhm no, you're actually not looking at the big picture. While steady earnings, and usually ever-increasing earnings, are the ultimate goal of most companies, it's not like successful companies can only think about that. It's about customer satisfaction, while also getting what they want out of the customers, which is a tricky balance.
But the problem is that both you, and them, are so focused on other small things that you can't see the real frustrations.

I'll put it in simpler terms: No matter what rewards or how fast you get your gratification, if the gameplay itself isn't fun enough, then that frustration won't go away.

I'm not saying the gearing process itself isn't a problem, I'm just saying it is not a conspiracy like you made it out to be. It's just... misguided.

I am not saying that increased profit is the only thing that is ruining the game.
It is one of many reasons.
One has to be naive to think a company's goal might be non-lucrative.
This is Activision I mean ..

I am saying this new vision of theirs is the reason they have decided to slow down the game in almost every aspect.

More grinding mixed with a slow gameplay resulting in more grinding and therefore game time and more monthly subs.

It is glaringly obvious in BFA that this is on their goals list.

And PVP got affected in a very harsh way.
A slow system from which only those who can afford to play 8 hours a day can benefit ( maybe ).
The gratification and satisfaction aren't even that special when you RNG rewards you after, let's say, 10 Atal M+ runs for that one weapon to drop. Or for that random loot you get once every 20 victories in arena if you're lucky.

It is not a conspiracy theory. It is all just numbers and how do alter them in order to makenas much profit as possible ( at the cost of the gameplay to an extent ) while people still feel somehow the game is still awesome and fun.

World quests drops, Champions missions drops before and after being exalted, dungeons loot drop rates, loop upgrade slow rates, everything about pvp, raids, reputations being not account wide for an entire patch, even the classes playstyle, the pruning, the GCD, the azerite set gring, the azerite neck grind that is also tied to another slow reputation ...

The system is so boring and slow that people are willing to spend time doing the same mind-numbing warfronts again and again, just because at the end you get at least a 340 set eventually after playing for 2 days.

What saddens me more is that it doesn't seem they spent much time balancing pvp, whether from a class balance perspective or from the loot system perpsective.

There are many many wrong things in this expansion and after taking a look at the upcoming updates, it doesn't seem like it's going to change.

I know it sounds like rant but I just want this game to to get back on its feet as it used to be.
14/11/2018 11:11Posted by Rákar
why did they nerfed it is there any answer to that becouse at the beginnign the gear drops were evry good u can eq easly all ur chars and now 30 wins 2 items it feels kinda dumb in pve u get so many items.

If you are that good and reach gladiator pretty fast because the loot drops like rain then they're afraid you'll realize that after the 2k4, you might think that you have no reason to keep pushing unless you really love arenas.
Alot of threads are talkin about how there is no point in pushing beyond 2k4 and people actually unsubbin until the next expansion comes back.
It was nerfed in the shadows without even a an announcment which is kinda weird.
14/11/2018 11:45Posted by Potatokickin
14/11/2018 11:11Posted by Rákar

If you are that good and reach gladiator pretty fast because the loot drops like rain then they're afraid you'll realize that after the 2k4, you might think that you have no reason to keep pushing unless you really love arenas.
Alot of threads are talkin about how there is no point in pushing beyond 2k4 and people actually unsubbin until the next expansion comes back.
It was nerfed in the shadows without even a an announcment which is kinda weird.
yea they should really announce thinks like that

Then why not ship the same concept to pve? Make every m+ level randomly drop some much lower ilvl loot?

It's far easier to get gear from pve than from pvp now. And since people are always happy to inform me that this is a pve game, and if that's true then surely they should target this presumably larger audience?
Only reason they stealth nerf pvp drops are crying dragonslayers. Booo boo pvp guy have more ilvl then me boo boo.....since blizzard dont care about pvp they just overnerf it so dragon slayers are happy and feel strong in bgs.

Well i dont care about pve give them 3000ilvl items but dont force me to pve !@#$. Reps, ap.....remember when pve players have to win one bg to got something useful? Outrage was insane.
14/11/2018 18:50Posted by Latexfear
Only reason they stealth nerf pvp drops are crying dragonslayers. Booo boo pvp guy have more ilvl then me boo boo.....since blizzard dont care about pvp they just overnerf it so dragon slayers are happy and feel strong in bgs.

Well i dont care about pve give them 3000ilvl items but dont force me to pve !@#$. Reps, ap.....remember when pve players have to win one bg to got something useful? Outrage was insane.

Nah, more like mythic raiding tryhards felt forced to do arenas.

Nevermind pvp'ers feeling forced to do mythic dungeons and whatnot. Need to experience the entire game, and all that.
14/11/2018 18:57Posted by Cróws
14/11/2018 18:50Posted by Latexfear

Nah, more like mythic raiding tryhards felt forced to do arenas.

Nevermind pvp'ers feeling forced to do mythic dungeons and whatnot. Need to experience the entire game, and all that.

Im ok with pvp being weaker /slower gearing method but atlest stop this rng fieasta by adding vendors. Also as a lfg rat player im not feeling progress when i got useless items from cap, from chest, and after games....355 hands wow so excited to do that cap :) imo keep gear scaling by rating but make cap gear or chest gear flat 380 or something like that( not played for month so maybe cap items arent 355...if they are still 355 its lol)