“I think global faction balance is in a pretty fine place”

General
this kind of thing is why wow needs a census website like ff14 has ... they have 120k eu players active .. and they aren't afraid to show it.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

dunno how accurate this is but it says 1.4mil.

EDIT just like to point out i was right if this is the correct data that is .. i said between 800k - 500k euro players .. and its about 700k

dunno if this site adds people who are not in guilds though :)
@Pixelbear: Warcraftrealms only displays people who have been detected and submitted through the use of the CensusPlus addon. Also, that 1,4 million is characters seen and submitted in the past 30 days, not players, the actual numbers are MUCH higher. If there were only 1,4 million active characters, the player count would be below 466 000 US and EU combined. Guild status does not matter, though. However, characters of levels 1 to 19 are not registered, because Blizzard disabled that part of the API many years ago.

And so you get a bit of size perspective... I uploaded enough character data yesterday to cover over 19 000 players, by myself.

Nov 11, 18 21:47:21 53 330
Nov 11, 18 16:29:57 430 2163
Nov 11, 18 10:27:47 977 3725
Nov 11, 18 02:25:09 675 2460

And those uploads added around 2 000 new characters (as in previously not submitted) to the database and updated the status of well over 8 000 others, as you can see from my submission stats from yesterday.

The site is not useless, though. Those minimum numbers calculations I have been making are heavily based on the activity data there. They are not the only source I use, but give me a base to work from as concurrent usage figures are very useful. :)
I think global faction balance is in a pretty fine place

What he meant is that faction balance is fine for him since he's playing Horde.
Wake up, Alliance, we've always has been treated as second class faction. It's just now they decided to be open about it.
11/11/2018 22:48Posted by Cróws
Horde side being completely dead for pvp wasn't fun.

And now the Alliance is losing people and if this trend continues the faction will be pretty much non-existant at the end of this expansion. I hope the Horde likes 45min+ queues.
Good post. But Tiakwan and Jiarak? Both Horde side.
The Problem is slowly getting bigger and bigger.

It startet with better Racial for Horde, so the Top Players said, hey we can get 1% more damage from that and decided to change from Alliance to Horde.

So over the three years, where the Horde Racial were better . More and More people switched from Alliance to Horde.

Now we are in BFA. Alliance is struggeling with Mythic Uldir (only 91 guild cleared it)
Alliance has still many good players, but to find 19 other decend players is way harder than on Horde Site.

The average playerbase = bad on both sides. ( But that not interresting)
The good playbase = 70 % Horde and 30 % Alliance (when not even more)

And since the imbalance is so big, more and more good Alliance Players join the Horde. So in 2 expansion it will be 90 % Horde and 10 % Alliance.

How to stop that?
I think we cant really stop it anymore, the only solution would be.
Give Alliance imba Racials but also give them more stuff (AP etc.)

I only talk about PVE, not PVP.

So is the faction Balance ok? No, not at all, its nearly as worse as Classic for Horde.
11/11/2018 10:49Posted by Xemeron
But honestly, what can be changed? Racials cant be balanced, because they pretty much are already

Lol.

12/11/2018 13:35Posted by Krogoz
Give Alliance imba Racials

Blizzard chickened out. They supposedly had the same idea with the Void Elfs. Their racial was busted. But then it got nerfed by 75% 2 weeks before BFA released.
12/11/2018 13:40Posted by Rezista
11/11/2018 10:49Posted by Xemeron
But honestly, what can be changed? Racials cant be balanced, because they pretty much are already

Lol.

12/11/2018 13:35Posted by Krogoz
Give Alliance imba Racials

Blizzard chickened out. They supposedly had the same idea with the Void Elfs. Their racial was busted. But then it got nerfed by 75% 2 weeks before BFA released.

I don't know how many times this has to be said, but High elves would fix all problems, anyone who picked Blood elves just for Blood elves, could switch to Alliance. Imagine, most played race given ability to choose faction, factions would balance out in a week or two. It makes complete sense lorewise, and fixes every single problem including high bg queues on horde, and dead warmode since no Alliance wants to go 1v10.
Log on your ali char,enable warmode and go do some azerite wq. Come back here and tell me about your 50:50 dream. Look at pve ladders,they are like 10:1 or worse. Pvp ladders look better,but considering there are like 10% or less ppl playing pvp,its hardly relevant. In peak hours,you literally cant do wq as ali wm on. Why would you bother turning it on at all? This makes the imbalance even worse,cos no ali even bothers with it.
12/11/2018 13:52Posted by Skyrha
12/11/2018 13:40Posted by Rezista

Lol.

I don't know how many times this has to be said, but High elves would fix all problems, anyone who picked Blood elves just for Blood elves, could switch to Alliance. Imagine, most played race given ability to choose faction, factions would balance out in a week or two. It makes complete sense lorewise, and fixes every single problem including high bg queues on horde, and dead warmode since no Alliance wants to go 1v10.

No High Elves woudent fix much. But one think would fix everything. Open Factionslock. That doesnt mean, remove Faction. But let me if i want join a neutral Faction. Where both sides can play together.

Alliance to Neutral and backwards
Horde to Neutral and backwards
Horde to Alliance or Alliance to Horse is not possible.
12/11/2018 14:08Posted by Krogoz
12/11/2018 13:52Posted by Skyrha

No High Elves woudent fix much. But one think would fix everything. Open Factionslock. That doesnt mean, remove Faction. But let me if i want join a neutral Faction. Where both sides can play together.

Alliance to Neutral and backwards
Horde to Neutral and backwards
Horde to Alliance or Alliance to Horse is not possible.

In just last month, 2 people from my friend list switched to Horde to play blood elves since they didn't like void elves, void elves did more damage than good, people that try void elves switch factions to play real deal, closest thing to high elf, even I'm tempted to switch back to Horde, even though I like Alliance zones more, that's how big of a deal high elves are.
[quote="176235480992"][quote="176233580716"]<span class="truncated">...</span>

In just last month, 2 people from my friend list switched to Horde to play blood elves since they didn't like void elves, void elves did more damage than good, people that try void elves switch factions to play real deal, closest thing to high elf, even I'm tempted to switch back to Horde, even though I like Alliance zones more, that's how big of a deal high elves are.

A friend of a friend.... blah blah blah

Dont even want to got deeper into that.
12/11/2018 14:30Posted by Krogoz
[quote]
[quote="176233580716"]<span class="truncated">...</span>

A friend of a friend.... blah blah blah

Dont even want to got deeper into that.

Friend, not friend of a friend, and you aren't going deeper because you know I'm right, we're becoming less and less of where we were.
[quote="176235481000"][quote][quote][quote="176233580716"]<span class="truncated">...</span>

Friend, not friend of a friend, and you aren't going deeper because you know I'm right, we're becoming less and less of where we were.

Im not going deeper, because it just speculation, you dont have any numbers support your case, its like.

Last Time i saw my friend buying choclate milk, but normally he only buys vanilla milk. Something must be bad with the vanilla milk...