Dear Blizzard, We Want that.

Classic Discussion
Dear Blizzard,

This is my WoW story, and why I can’t wait for classic (which I hope will be classic). I know this post will probably drown in and among all the other posts here, but I just really must get this of my chest. Just cause my love for World of Warcraft, and my frustrations with the game since WoTLK/Cataclysm.

If you want to skip my wow story, just scroll to the bottom, and read the last couple of paragraphs.

I loved Diablo I & II, not really doing online games, but mostly questing and just playing solo. After doing Diablo II I don’t know how many times, I talked to a friend who I knew also had played a lot of Diablo and asked what he was playing now, since Diablo II was getting a bit boring playing again and again. He said you should try World of Warcraft, (I have to say I was never a big fan of Warcraft 3, loved the first 2 warcraft since they reminded me a bit of Command & Conquer and I really enjoyed those and StarCraft and other RTS games), so I was really sceptic about starting World of Warcraft.

But getting bored of Diablo II, I went out to the store and purchased World of Warcraft got home and installed the game, created an account, logged in – and spent the next couple of hours waiting for the updates to download.

Finally, I could enter the game, just to discover it was an online game only, I never realized this before, I know my friend talked about grouping up, doing something called dungeons and raids, but I thought it was just like the “Join a game” in Diablo (which BTW I almost never did, unless I had to show a friend around in the game). Then I found out it required a monthly subscription fee, and I though “WOW, this must be good since they can get players to pay a fee each month for a game they already purchased at the same price as other games”, but I got 30 days playing time with my game purchase, so I thought I’ll just play these 30 days and figure out if I liked the game or not.

Character creation screen, all those possibilities, should I be a Dwarf, Human, Night Elf and then on top of that classes, classes ??? Hmm, I better read the description here.
Well the night elf looks good, and a hunter get to use a pet, which I knew from Diablo was a big advantage when soloing. So 1st Character, Night Elf, hunter and Alliance since the only other player I knew In the game played Alliance on the EU-Agamaggan server. Name ?? hmmm Who cares, I’ll just pick something random, Charles – “name taken” wtf how can it be taken, it’s only me here (Remember, really hadn’t figured the online MMO part out at this point) – eventually I found a name I could use, and finally was able to enter the game.

Opening cinematics, YES, here I wasn’t disappointed, coming from Diablo II I had high expectations here ??, and then I found my self looking at a big tree, and lot of other characters moving around. How do I move this guy, tried to click where I wanted to go - Nothing, then I right clicked on the location I wanted to move to – again nothing !!!!
Didn’t my friend say this was kind of like Diablo with quests etc., why can’t I move. OK found the game menu, and there was something called key bindings, movement W,A,S,D,Q,E – I’ll give that a try. (At this point I should maybe say, that I was really, and to this day still is, NOT a fan of First-person games. I’ll get car sick in 10 minutes, and then I find my self with the head in the toilet, and dizzy for the next couple of hours.) so when I started moving my character around, I very quickly got car sick, since the default view was very close to first-person.
F… this, I just wasted some money on a stupid first-person game, damn my friend. Called him up, what is this !@#$, have absolutely nothing to do with Diablo, you know how I feel about first-person games, and then you get me to buy a first-person game – WTF.
My friend said, “Have you tried using the scroll wheel on the mouse ?”
Me- “Scroll Wheel on the mouse?”
My friend – “Yeah”
Me – “Just a sec.”

Logged into the game, used the scroll wheel, and behold I got a kind of top down view, a bit like Warcraft 3, which I had tried, but wasn’t a fan of due to the weird camera angle, and the camera rotating with my character (Remember, coming from C&C, StarCraft, Diablo etc. all top down locked view, no spinning of camera)

But now I could play without getting car sick, so I talked a bit more with my friend, and he told me, there are some computer controlled characters in the game (NPC), and some of them will give you one or more quests you have to go solve, and when you have solved them, you have to go back to that NPC and then you will get a reward. You can see they will have a yellow exclamation mark over their head if they have a quest for you, if it is grey you can’t get that quest, because you are not high enough level, so you’ll have to come back at a later stage to pick up that quest.

OK, yellow exclamation mark over their head, get quest, do quest, hand in quest, increase level – Got IT, thank you.
Me- “BTW, what are all those characters running around with blue names over their heads?”
My friend- “LOL – Those are other players”
Me- “Other players????”
My Friend- “Yeah, these are other players like you, running around doing quests just like you”
Me-“WoW – That’s amazing, how do they do this, it’s soooooo cool. So I can see the others that are playing this game, at the same time as me?”
My Friend- “Yes, and they can be from anywhere in the world”
Me- “Really, can I talk to them?”
My Friend- “Yes, just hit enter and type a message, then everyone around you can see what you typed. If you want to talk private to someone, hit enter and start the sentence with “/Tell Character Name”.
Me- “This is soooo freaking cool, why has no one done this before???”
My friend- “They have, there are other MMO’s out there”
Me- “Really, I have never heard of this, this is soooooooo cool”, “OK, thank you, now I’m ready to play”

So I started playing, picked up my first quest, reading and reading. Go kill X amount of this, go find X amount of that – explore there and so on. This game was amazing, and the area I was questing was sooo huge, I could run and run and run, and there where caves and stuff, and when I went into a cave, there where no loading screen like in Diablo, it was like it was all one big open world.

So I spent a few hours a day questing in the Night Elf starting area, and after a week or so I was told to find a NPC to give a message. I found him just on the edge of the Area, next to a path – He wanted me to travel to some place called Dolanaar – I ran around for 20 mins or so, couldn’t find this place…
Hmm, maybe I should run up the path next to the NPC who gave me the quest, (Que angel music, pleasing light, and good feeling atmosphere) ARE YOU KIDDING ME – this place is bigger???????
So this huge area I just spent the past week in, wasn’t everything, this place is huge, there must be room for thousands of players her.

At this point I have already forgotten about something called the horde, and all other stuff, I was logging in for some hours when I had the time, and basically treating the game as a Diablo II follow up – doing quests and just enjoying seeing all those other players running around with me – still haven’t had the nerve to talk to any of them, cause I didn’t want to bother them in their questing.

I was happy, enjoying the game. My friend kept asking about my level, and why I took me so long, and I should look forward to the dungeons I soon would be able to do. I politely said nice, but really didn’t have a clue about what a dungeon was, and even though he had spoken about a group zone, where people where helping and depending on each other to kill something called BOSSES – in a team effort.
I silently thought to myself, I’m not going to do that, I don’t want to be responsible for people not getting their quests done, because I don’t know what I’m doing. That is just too much responsibility.

Eventually I got to level 10, and got a quest to go tame a beast, I finally got my pet.
Well, finally is a big word, because I have completely forgotten that my hunter could have a pet at this point. But when I was trying to tame my first per – the bastard interrupted my casts, I died – WTF, I am your master – OBEY ME
Finally, I hand in the quest – run around doing some more questing, man this is soooooo easy with a pet, I am the toughest hunter around, look at me – almost never taking damage, my pet handles that, and when it dies I just revive it, this is easy peasy, I so got this.
Until the ungrateful bastard left me, cause it was un happy – What you talking about. Left ME, ME.
Another conversation with my friend, “you must feed your pet to keep it happy.”
Me- “Feed pet, keep happy – got it”

Sametime on screen I got an group invite from someone called Chiciolina, I declined, it kept coming back, I kept declining – don’t you understand, I’m not good enough to help you I thought.
My Friend – “Come on accept the invite”
Me- “Oh, you are Chiciolina ?”
My friend – “Yes, I’ll show you around a bit”

I accepted, he told me to go to some place called Darnassus – I told him I had no clue what he was talking about, he said – “Hold on, I’m coming to you”

So I stood there, waiting, waiting, waiting….
Me- “I know this place is big, but where are you, I can get from one end of the world (Shadowglen) to the other (Gnarlpine hold) in like 15-20 mins – what is taking you so long??”
My friend – “Just be patient, you’ll see”

So I waited some more, and I waited some more – and finally my friend arrived. He was a Human Warlock, with an IMP pet – that looked so cool.

I should say at this point my friend has also gotten me into the guild he was a member of, and onto their TeamSpeak server. I never had used the TeamSpeak, and the guild for me was just cause, well he was there and he had told me, “You got to be member of a guild to get stuff done”
But I just said hello when I logged on, DING when I increased a level (Cause he said I should do that), and GZ when others typed DING, and finally – Goodbye when I was logging off.

So we where on TeamSpeak, he had come to me in Dolanaar, and he now asked me to follow him, and so I did. He took me to Darnassus, I just couldn’t believe my eyes, this city was almost as big as the entire world I was questing in, he showed me the bank, the auction house (Which I really didn’t get the point of, I mean I could easy get by with the stuff that the mobs dropped for me).
My friend – “Are you ready to see something cool”
Me- “OFC” – thinking to myself, what could surpass what I have already seen.
My friend- “Go into this red glowing portal”
Me- “Portal, I see the red thingy, but portal (Thinking of Diablos blue circular portal shape)”
My friend- “Yes, go into the red stuff”

I did, I got a loading screen. Ahh, so this is where you go from area 1 to area 2 – like diablo.

My friend- “LoL – you have to forget about diablo, this is one big place – there are no progression through maps like in diablo, but when you are ready, you can go to the next area on the map. But there are no loading screen between zones, well except here, since we are teleporting down from top of the tree to the ground.”
Me- “What tree?? – The big one where I started??”
My friend- “No the entire area you have been questing in until now, is in the crown of a big tree”
Me- “” – not understanding anything.

Loading screen over, I now found myself looking out over the water, ah this is nice.

My friend- “Follow me, and get on the boat”
Me- “Are you trying to tell me we can sail in this game too?”
My friend- “Just get on the boat”

OMG – the boat started to move, we were actually sailing – I could not believe what I saw.

My friend then told me to hang on, he needed some people from the guild to help summon me to Ironforge. I just said OK, while I saw him standing in front of me waving with some kind of green ball in his hands, and puff he was gone.

Me- “Hey, how did you do that? Did you log out?”
My friend- “No I just teleported to Ironforge, wait a minute you will get a summon”
Me-“A summon????”
My Friend-“Yeah, that is so you get teleported to where I am – click accept in the box appearing on your screen now”

I clicked, another loading screen. Are you kidding me – how big is this game, I was standing in a grand hall of some kind, with lava or fire all around me, and some NPC’s hammering on an anvil.

My Friend- “This is Ironforge, one of the alliances 2 main cities, the other one is called Stormwind – right click me and click follow and I’ll show you around”

I right clicked, my character started moving by itself, following my friend around. This game is soooooo cool. At this point I started my subscription, there was no doubt about me playing this game forever. My friend showed me the bank, the auction house, something called profession trainers – this place was huge.

My friend- “Right, now we will go to Stormwind, just keep following me and go into this swirling portal”
My friend- “This is the train connection from Ironforge to Stormwind”
Me- “Ships, trains – what’s next – planes?”
My friend-“Not quite, though you can fly from location to location using the flight masters”

The tram arrived, we got on, the tram started moving. I look around, suddenly we were surrounded by water. I just could not believe what I was seeing, this was so cool. Finally we arrived, got of the tram, went through the portal, and BAM I was in Tinkertown, Stormwind.

Again I followed my friend around, he showed me Stormwind, Goldshire, I followed him to Westfall. And here something really magical happened.
My friend- “Wanna se something cool”
Me- “OFC” – really given up guessing what could come, since all I have seen the past hour completely had blown my mind.

My friend the warlock, Chiciolina – started to cast some kind of spell, and there right before my eyes, he mounted up on a horse. But not just any horse, this one had fire coming out of it’s eyes and nose, and it’s skin was – well, it looked infected with something, there was fire under it’s feet when it moved – this was sooooooo cool – stop it – I can’t take any more – THIS GAME “World of Wardcraft” is the coolest game ever to come into existence, and I’m freaking playing it. This is sooooo cooooool (If I have not said it before)

My friend then told me to open the map, right click, right click, right click
Suddenly there where to main islands, and a really small one up in the top left corner.
My friend – “You see that little small island in the top left corner.”
Me- “Yes”
My friend- “That is where I picked you up, that is where you have been playing until now”
Me- “”
Me- “”
Me- “”
Me- “Are you joking, so the place I thought was HUGE, and could fit thousands of players, is just that little tiny spot of the entire world I can move around in and explore?????”
My friend- “Yup”
Me- “”
Me- “”
Me- “”
Me- “”

Two things happened now – I deleted my first character at level 13. I wanted a Warlock, I wanted that cool IMP, and that awesome horse with fire coming out of every opening. My friend told me that if I wanted to play Warlock, I had to choose human, since something called “Racial traits” where really beneficial to the Warlock. And since he had that cool Warlock, with that cool IMP, and the freaking amazing horse with fire coming out of every opening, I of course did what he said. I chose human, I chose Warlock, and my name after some “Already taken” attempts, became “MAB”. Well because I had no imagination, and at that point I had three dogs, Molly – Ashley and Basil = MAB. MAB the human Warlock on EU-Agamaggan, fighting for the alliance, member of the guild “Cursed Angels”.

Now I was still mostly playing the game as a follow up to Diablo II, doing my quests – had figured out the social part, so was frequently grouping up with random players to get quest done faster, and to avoid fighting over the few quest mobs available. And at the same time having some fun while doing this in chat.

Getting to Stranglethorn Vale, getting ganked so much, so that entire zone I did during night time in the weekends. I never learned PvP, I hate it, but at the same time prefer it to be there, because of the thrill of never knowing when some stupid Horde Rouge might appear and attack you, while trying to spam your fear and trying to keyboard turn as fast as him to get it to land.
DAMN I HATE ROUGES. – DAMN I’M A NOOB

I still however, had not been in a dungeon, since I was afraid of screwing up and letting the others down because I had no clue what i was doing. This was back when the go to WoW website was thottbot, but I haven’t really figured out researching my character, cause I was quite content with the game playing it as I did, so I had no need for dungeons etc. I was in no rush to get to MAX level, because I was just enjoying the questing and exploring so much.

I spend so much time exploring and leveling, that “The Burning Crusade” was released before I hit level 60. So, I continued leveling in TBC, remember almost %^-*ting myself first time a Horde player came from the sky and one-shot me, WTF can we fly now. Yes, but not you, only when you get to level 70 you can fly. Now I picked up the pace, I wanted to be level 70 so I could fly. At the same time though, I was nervous about getting to MAX level, because what would I then do in game. Having spend the most of a year getting to level 70, the fear of the do it all over again, which caused me to look for another game after Diablo II repetition started to set in. But my friend was still playing enjoying new “Raids and dungeons” which I still hadn’t a clue what was. So, I pushed on, still getting amazed every time I entered a new zone.

Finally, I got to 70 – I typed “/G DING” in chat, and the flood of GZ coming back at me was amazing. Now what??? The anxiety was high, I was nervous, was the game over for me, or just started??

Luckily, I was in a guild “Cursed Angels”, and I had a friend in that guild, the Warlock Chiciolina.
They where progressing in something called The Mechanar and Serpentscrine Cavern. But every Saturday morning from 10:00 o’clock they would run a raid called Karazhan, to gear up new members and just to have fun. So, they invited me along.

Saturday came, I was anxious, nervous and full of excitement. I was about to join something called a 10-man raid – how cool was this. At the same time thinking to myself, you got this, you have been killing mobs for almost a year now, how much harder can this be. I joined TeamSpeak, for the first time in the channel called 10-Man Raid 1 – Yay
There was talking, and joking and laughing, and people congratulating me on reaching level 70. We where told to enter the raid, I ran to the entrance only to get told I couldn’t enter.

Eh, guys… What am I doing wrong I can’t enter.
TeamSpeak- “Have you done the Attunement quest line?”
Me- “Eh, attunement ??”
TeamSpeak- “Yes, you have to do some quest to be able to enter the instance”
Me-“ehhhh”
TeamSpeak- “pick up this quest from this person, and keep doing the quest line till you get asked to enter Karazhan”

I was so disappointed, I was about to enter and find out what a raid was, and then no luck. So, I did the attunement quests, with a lot of help from my friend and some more from the guild.

At this point I started to get more on TeamSpeak, in the social channels, and found out the guild I was in, consisted of some really friendly and helpful people, the game just kept opening up to me even after a year I kept discovering new aspects of the game.

Finally, I was able to get into Karazhan, finally I could join the Saturday 10-man Kara run.
I was mocked and ridiculed for not knowing my spells, class etc.
I was screwing up all the time and mocked for making them assign a healer just to me. But all was done in a good mood and spirit, and I don’t think I have laughed so much as I did during that run. I was learning so much from these people, they where so friendly and we had so much fun.

After the raid I was approached by some of the other Warlocks in the guild, offering to help me out with rotations, something called gems and enchants. Shout out to Gsilke, Sguma and the best Warlock I have ever met – Sophie. Sophie was an amazing Warlock player, knew his character, always helpful and could kite the add @Lady Vasj while still putting out as much dps as the rest of us.

I learned we had class leaders that we could go to for help and support. I joined the raid team, and we spent hours downing bosses, wiping and just having so much fun. I remember on Archimonde in Mount Hyjal, where the 4 Warlocks mid raid went to Ironforge to respect, affliction to see if the dot dmg would be more effective, because we were running and flying so much. We where an amazing team, and I really miss all of you guys/girl Sophie, Sguma, Gsilke and MAB the Cursed Angels Warlock quartet.

I met a lot of nice people in Cursed Angels:
Nyada – Our raid leader when I joined. At first, I was bit afraid of him, because I thought he was very strict. How I was wrong, amazing nice and helpful, with a great sense of humor
Crownir – Our main tank – My IMBA friend – we had so much fun.
Pharma – Holy Priest, later Lagaffe druid healer.
Phoenixphi – Blinking Mage – Still playing with him today
Trudur – Out kiting hunter
Adril and his brother 2 amazing shaman melee
Faenon – Druid Healer – he was so nice and helpful to everybody.
Melekertis – another main tank
Xochipilli – Pala healer
Mini – RL friend of Gsilke – always dancing naked in front of High Warlord Naj'entus, with just his head above water

And so many more, I’m sorry to those of you I haven’t mentioned, but I don’t have the member list, and it is almost 10 years ago. My friend the Warlock Chiciolina, left the guild before I joined the raid team, as I remember he turned to the “Dark Side” on EU-Ravencrest

It was an amazing time, with some very very nice people. Sadly web.archieve.org don’t have any post from TBC – but here are some few from WoTLK in the news section of cursedangels.net
Zul'Jin. It seems Cursed Angels was the 2nd alliance guild taking him
And before reset and only 13 days after game was released, we also cleaned plague wing. Another alliance first!
Cursed Angels making big raids! Sartharion alliance first!
Damn someone scavenged the Flame Leaviathan and XT02 for the pic!
Another Alliance 1st, Sartharion with 1 add
25 days after game was released Cursed Angels cleaned Naxxramas heroic

WoTLK came out. For me, that expansion had some (for the time) amazing questing, though pretty bugged at launch, how many of you could get that damn flying machine firing missiles in that quarry?

The Naxx raid though was a joke, way to easy, and sadly a sign for things to come. No more need for attunement, people able to buy Tier sets for marks, without ever having set foot in the raid. Looking for Group came during this expansion, killed all social engagement in the game. Suddenly, you couldn’t tell from people’s gear if they were a good player or not.

Ulduar was a nice raid, and with all the keepers up, also quite hard.

Sadly, at the end of WoTLK, the guild started to fall apart, some left because of the content, a lot of arguing over level of progress. I myself had had a short break from game, cause of the “Easy mode – let’s cater to all the cry babies on forum who think the game is too hard, and feel they are entitled to everything without having the capabilities or putting in the effort”.

Suddenly back from my break, I was raid leading, and later when the guild finally split up, also guild master. We tried to merge with another guild on the server who had the same problems as “Cursed Angels” and our new guild name was “From the ashes” – That didn’t last long though, and personally I quit as soon as I saw the Cataclysm expansion. The game had become a game for the millennium generation, who was used to get everything handed to them in real life, and therefore couldn’t understand why the game didn’t do that too, and was eager to !@#$% about it on forums, and sadly Blizzard as many do, listened to them, thus destroying my bellowed game.

After that, I purchased each expansion, logged in and got my character to MAX, and left the game again. When I logged in to Warlords of Draenor, I even didn’t manage that. I got to the Garrison stuff, and thought f… this, the game is now dead to me.

Today I regret the following, but I got so pissed about the state of the game I logged in to every server I had characters on and deleted every single one of them. Something I would live to regret, because when I returned in Legion, September 2018 I had no achievements. All the content and achievements I had done back when it was relevant didn’t show up on my new Character, which BTW also is called MAB, also is a human Warlock, but on the server EU-Dragonblight.

First time I went back to BT, SSC, Ulduar etc. I got achievement for clearing them. Even though I had done it years before. So, every time I talk about “The old days” people just comment, but your achievement is very recent, and of course when talking about what I did, people just laugh quite understandable. So, people, never ever delete you main character, you might be back one day, and you might want to be able to back up your stories with proof ??

This has now become a much longer post than I expected, and what I really wanted to say to Blizzard is this:

Dear Blizzard,

J. Allen Brack, famously uttered the words on BlizzCon back in 2013
“You think you do, but you don’t”

When talking about leveling, getting groups together by spamming chat for tanks, healers etc.

Blizzard, he and you are so wrong. We want it to be hard to level, so you learn the limits etc. to your character. I want to have to drink after casting 2-4 spells the first levels, forcing me to learn about mana management and not pulling more than I can handle.

I want the attunement system to come back, so I know the people I play with have learned and evolved their character during previously content, and not stepping in to a raid for the first time in their life. I want the dungeons to be hard and forcing us to talk together about tactics to get the social aspect back in the game. I want LFG to get removed from the game, I especially want sharding to be removed from the game.

I want to lag when I enter stormwind, ironforge, dalaran, boralis so I feel there is a lot of players playing with me. I have no idea how many alliance players there are on EU-Dragonblight, but not many if you go by the amount of players you can see in the city. And Boralis still lags insanely, like the old Ironforge and Stormwind did, now I just can’t see the players causing the lag. I HATE SHARDING, and prefer I can see why the game lags, ahh hundreds or thousands of people around me, not like now where it periodically lags everywhere even if there’s not a soul in sight.

I HATE SHARDING, cause the few players I see around, I might not recognize because you never know what shard you are on, so why have a server, if you can’t be sure to see the other people you are sharing that server with?

NOW I ask you, is it a coincidence that subscription numbers have steadily decreased since you made the game friendlier to the “I want it all, without putting the effort in” player base?

Is it a coincidence that subscription numbers have decreased since you removed the social aspect of the game, and basically made WoW a single player game focusing more on showing of how many mounts, pets and transmogs I have – which I BTW don’t need anybody’s help to get.
(Now I don’t care about mounts, pets, transmogs etc. and fine with me you can farm those in game and show then off, but that should not be what the game is about)

Your researchers and others will probably say this are the times, and so is the life for MMORPG’s now.
I beg to differ, since no one has the balls to release a game that is actually based on social engagement, and team work for years – and the games still having this in them are still running – Private Vanilla servers, Old School RuneScape etc.

This is why we want classic wow as classic wow – NO SHARDING – NO LOOT Sharing – NO LFG/LFR – No Easy mode. We want to have fun in chat again. We want to recognize people we pass in the world. We want to be jealous of the Warrior flexing in the faction capital with his new Tier set.

I want to feel I progress my character with tier sets specifically for my class, and when complete give my class some benefits from tier bonusses.

I want to be jealous of another Warlock giving me motivation to get that item by clearing that content.

I want to have to put a raid together from various classes depending on their abilities, because we need them on this boss.

I want attunement back, so I gradually feel progression. And have a reason to get back out in this amazing beautiful world your graphics department have made.

I want my professions to matter. Now they are a joke, but I guess if people can make gold from professions you won’t sell as many tokens.

I want to read the quest text to see where I need to go, I want to search the area for the stuff I need to collect and not have it glow on my screen 200 yds away. Why bother reading quest text, the mini map and glowing aura will show you where the stuff is. Let me decide if I want to do quests like that by installing quest helper addons, don’t force me to quest this way. Because I’m lazy, I will stop reading the story if you show me where everything is, the story someone probably have spent a lot of time creating.

So Blizzard I beg of you, please, please, please let us have classic wow as classic wow.

And if subscription numbers are high enough, (I think they will be higher than you think) maybe when you start to re-release the expansion, go in another direction after WoTLK where it all went horribly wrong, and start to think about if you could do something different this time.

I Understand you need to make money, but there is having a big profit, (Which I guess you had with 10-12 mill. Subscribers) and pure greed by destroying the game because you want to introduce more ways to get money out of your players. There is a reason free to play / play to win isn’t doing well in the west.

You can also just come out and say, screw you we made a lot of money from you. But our new market is Asia where we can make even more from micro transaction, so even if we lose our existing players – well who cares.

Just stop pretending you are listening to your fan base, which resent years has clearly shown you don’t.
Stop saying we are listening and do the opposite, instead just tell it like it is.
if this is not the case, and you really want to cater to the existing fan base, you seriously need to hire some competent public relations people.

From a long time WoW player, who actually like the raiding in BfA, but hate everything else about the game, and therefore can’t wait for Classic, unless it’s not Classic.
/MAB
My scrolling wheel broke. Wheres TLDR version?
TLDR Version

Dear Blizzard,

When talking about leveling, getting groups together by spamming chat for tanks, healers etc.

Blizzard, he and you are so wrong. We want it to be hard to level, so you learn the limits etc. to your character. I want to have to drink after casting 2-4 spells the first levels, forcing me to learn about mana management and not pulling more than I can handle.

I want the attunement system to come back, so I know the people I play with have learned and evolved their character during previously content, and not stepping in to a raid for the first time in their life. I want the dungeons to be hard and forcing us to talk together about tactics to get the social aspect back in the game. I want LFG to get removed from the game, I especially want sharding to be removed from the game.

I want to lag when I enter stormwind, ironforge, dalaran, boralis so I feel there is a lot of players playing with me. I have no idea how many alliance players there are on EU-Dragonblight, but not many if you go by the amount of players you can see in the city. And Boralis still lags insanely, like the old Ironforge and Stormwind did, now I just can’t see the players causing the lag. I HATE SHARDING, and prefer I can see why the game lags, ahh hundreds or thousands of people around me, not like now where it periodically lags everywhere even if there’s not a soul in sight.

I HATE SHARDING, cause the few players I see around, I might not recognize because you never know what shard you are on, so why have a server, if you can’t be sure to see the other people you are sharing that server with?

NOW I ask you, is it a coincidence that subscription numbers have steadily decreased since you made the game friendlier to the “I want it all, without putting the effort in” player base?

Is it a coincidence that subscription numbers have decreased since you removed the social aspect of the game, and basically made WoW a single player game focusing more on showing of how many mounts, pets and transmogs I have – which I BTW don’t need anybody’s help to get.
(Now I don’t care about mounts, pets, transmogs etc. and fine with me you can farm those in game and show then off, but that should not be what the game is about)

Your researchers and others will probably say this are the times, and so is the life for MMORPG’s now.
I beg to differ, since no one has the balls to release a game that is actually based on social engagement, and team work for years – and the games still having this in them are still running – Private Vanilla servers, Old School RuneScape etc.

This is why we want classic wow as classic wow – NO SHARDING – NO LOOT Sharing – NO LFG/LFR – No Easy mode. We want to have fun in chat again. We want to recognize people we pass in the world. We want to be jealous of the Warrior flexing in the faction capital with his new Tier set.

I want to feel I progress my character with tier sets specifically for my class, and when complete give my class some benefits from tier bonusses.

I want to be jealous of another Warlock giving me motivation to get that item by clearing that content.

I want to have to put a raid together from various classes depending on their abilities, because we need them on this boss.

I want attunement back, so I gradually feel progression. And have a reason to get back out in this amazing beautiful world your graphics department have made.

I want my professions to matter. Now they are a joke, but I guess if people can make gold from professions you won’t sell as many tokens.

I want to read the quest text to see where I need to go, I want to search the area for the stuff I need to collect and not have it glow on my screen 200 yds away. Why bother reading quest text, the mini map and glowing aura will show you where the stuff is. Let me decide if I want to do quests like that by installing quest helper addons, don’t force me to quest this way. Because I’m lazy, I will stop reading the story if you show me where everything is, the story someone probably have spent a lot of time creating.

So Blizzard I beg of you, please, please, please let us have classic wow as classic wow.

And if subscription numbers are high enough, (I think they will be higher than you think) maybe when you start to re-release the expansion, go in another direction after WoTLK where it all went horribly wrong, and start to think about if you could do something different this time.

I Understand you need to make money, but there is having a big profit, (Which I guess you had with 10-12 mill. Subscribers) and pure greed by destroying the game because you want to introduce more ways to get money out of your players. There is a reason free to play / play to win isn’t doing well in the west.

You can also just come out and say, screw you we made a lot of money from you. But our new market is Asia where we can make even more from micro transaction, so even if we lose our existing players – well who cares.

Just stop pretending you are listening to your fan base, which resent years has clearly shown you don’t.
Stop saying we are listening and do the opposite, instead just tell it like it is.
if this is not the case, and you really want to cater to the existing fan base, you seriously need to hire some competent public relations people.

From a long time WoW player, who actually like the raiding in BfA, but hate everything else about the game, and therefore can’t wait for Classic, unless it’s not Classic.
/MAB
Wall of Text crits you for 201290912812721.
This isn't a discussion... it's a monologue.

btw, you can just turn off the quest trackers in your interface options.
11/11/2018 16:42Posted by Mab
TLDR Version

Dear Blizzard,

/MAB

THAT'S the tl;dr version!?

They should hire you to redo the flavor text for quests in the starting zones. The retailers will log in, see the text and go ''!@#$ this %^-*'' and leave forever! :D
Even your TLDR version is wall of text, all i see is I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT.

Classic isnt going to be about what you or some1 else want. I realy hope it will be atleast 95% accurate vanilla version. Ofcourse there were things i would like to change, but if every1 makes huge lists of what they want, it would be a big mess.
Sharding is fine. loot trading is fine. Period. Im tired to repeat in every fraking post that you dont understand what you asking. No item trading means increased sub$, they will need huge support squad to process "apetickets" . No sharding means that we will play another private server !@#$hole only with correct math models. I dont want to see bottleneck in any noncontested locations. I dont want tagwar. Sharding in non contested areas is a MUST. I whitnessed WOW "release". I dont want to experience that again. I want technically smooth gameplay!
Demo was PERFECT.
The only thing blizz need to recalculate is a raid content math. Reduced difficulty bcos of patch progression and talent/ability revamp from earlier patches must be eliminated to hit fidelity. Same goes for itemization.
Sharding is fine. loot trading is fine. Period. Im tired to repeat in every fraking post that you dont understand what you asking. No item trading means increased sub$, they will need huge support squad to process "apetickets" . No sharding means that we will play another private server !@#$hole only with correct math models. I dont want to see bottleneck in any noncontested locations. I dont want tagwar. Sharding in non contested areas is a MUST. I whitnessed WOW "release". I dont want to expirience this EVER again.
Demo was PERFECT.
The only thing blizz need to recalculate is a raid content math. Reduced difficulty bcos of patch progression and talent/ability revamp from earlier patches must be eliminated to hit fidelity. Same goes for itemization.

Most of us in the vanilla community prefers initial lag and over-crowded zones to them bringing in phasing/sharding from retail. Also why would we need to increase sub costs just because they need the same amount of GMs as they did in Vanilla? They have a MUCH smaller team for Classic than they did in Vanilla so they're going to make much more profit per subscription than back then, even with or without sharding and loot-trading.

As for the demo being ''PERFECT'', well... https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624403383?page=1
11/11/2018 17:09Posted by Furylawlz
Sharding is fine. loot trading is fine. Period. Im tired to repeat in every fraking post that you dont understand what you asking. No item trading means increased sub$, they will need huge support squad to process "apetickets" . No sharding means that we will play another private server !@#$hole only with correct math models. I dont want to see bottleneck in any noncontested locations. I dont want tagwar. Sharding in non contested areas is a MUST. I whitnessed WOW "release". I dont want to expirience this EVER again.
Demo was PERFECT.

Most of us in the vanilla community prefers initial lag and over-crowded zones to them bringing in phasing/sharding from retail. Also why would we need to increase sub costs just because they need the same amount of GMs as they did in Vanilla? They have a MUCH smaller team for Classic than they did in Vanilla so they're going to make much more profit per subscription than back then, even with out without sharding and loot-trading.

As for the demo being ''PERFECT'', well... https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624403383?page=1

I have no intention to listen to individual who compares his Mangos experience to demo(retail) one. Its like learning history from Wikipeadia. Blizzard already told several times that they linked 1.12 database to modern client and didnt changed a number . And this person claims otherwise. Not a legitimate source of information to me. I liked Demo very much and every quality of life change is for good. At least for me. I think there will a be a lot of happy hunters around.
11/11/2018 17:09Posted by Furylawlz

Most of us in the vanilla community prefers initial lag and over-crowded zones to them bringing in phasing/sharding from retail. Also why would we need to increase sub costs just because they need the same amount of GMs as they did in Vanilla? They have a MUCH smaller team for Classic than they did in Vanilla so they're going to make much more profit per subscription than back then, even with out without sharding and loot-trading.

I have no intention to listen to individual who compares his Mangos experience to demo(retail) one. Its like learning history from Wikipeadia. Blizzard already told several times that they linked 1.12 database to modern client and didnt changed a number . And this person claims otherwise. Not a legitimate source of information to me. I liked Demo very much and every quality of life change is for good. At least for me. I think there will a be a lot of happy hunters around.

You're free to like it and say it's subjectively good, but I think it's a little misleading saying it was PERFECT when it has loads of things which wasn't in the original game, and with the project's goal being replicating the Vanilla experience.

Personally I'd say it's a start, they haven't come as far in the process yet that I would've liked at this point but it might be doable to get a proper version ready for release, we'll have to wait and see.

It kinda worried me a little watching the classic panel and on ''What's next'' on the list of things left to implement they didn't have anything more about classes, animations or the combat system. This makes it look like they believed they were done with that part with the less than serviceable gameplay we got in the demo, which makes me question their standards when it comes to authenticity. After the pretty massive criticism they got from the demo they probably understand by now that they're FAR from done, and hopefully they'll put more effort in to make sure things are like they should.
Hope you TL;DR guys are never faced with having to read an actual book, or even a medium-length news article. Your brains would probably explode.

Fortunately I am one of those people who is not cursed with a super-short attention span (one of the reasons I prefer pre-Cataclysm WoW content) and so I read it all, and it was quite an enjoyable read - though I don't quite share the author's gloomy conclusions about sharding.

You're free to like it and say it's subjectively good, but I think it's a little misleading saying it was PERFECT when it has loads of things which wasn't in the original game, and with the project's goal being replicating the Vanilla experience.

Personally I'd say it's a start, they haven't come as far in the process yet that I would've liked at this point but it might be doable to get a proper version ready for release, we'll have to wait and see.

It kinda worried me a little watching the classic panel and on ''What's next'' on the list of things left to implement they didn't have anything more about classes, animations or the combat system. This makes it look like they believed they were done with that part with the less than serviceable gameplay we got in the demo, which makes me question their standards when it comes to authenticity. After the pretty massive criticism they got from the demo they probably understand by now that they're FAR from done, and hopefully they'll put more effort in to make sure things are like they should.

You all must uderstand that it is impossible recreate client side of old system and link it to modern networking. So there will be alot of new things. But its the same raid content with correct data that was in vanilla. On the other side pvp will change in some way, but overall meta will stay the same. Its unavoidable. You cant just chop a head and sew it back with no consequences.
11/11/2018 18:01Posted by Луналав

You all must uderstand that it is impossible recreate client side of old system and link it to modern networking. So there will be alot of new things. But its the same raid content with correct data that was in vanilla. On the other side pvp will change in some way, but overall meta will stay the same. Its unavoidable. You cant just chop a head and sew it back with no consequences.

Another "techguy" who thinks Blizz sipmly copypasted things to new backend and its 1:1 copy of vanilla. Demo already show its different, not only in cosmetic things, but also in numbers (like gold drops from mobs).
11/11/2018 17:59Posted by Grupp
Hope you TL;DR guys are never faced with having to read an actual book, or even a medium-length news article. Your brains would probably explode.

Fortunately I am one of those people who is not cursed with a super-short attention span (one of the reasons I prefer pre-Cataclysm WoW content) and so I read it all, and it was quite an enjoyable read - though I don't quite share the author's gloomy conclusions about sharding.

I blame social media and manga for ruining my attention span, I'm just another innocent victim to modern society!
So do I. Damn those spiky-haired Japanese people.
11/11/2018 16:58Posted by Луналав
Sharding is fine. loot trading is fine. Period. Im tired to repeat in every fraking post that you dont understand what you asking. No item trading means increased sub$, they will need huge support squad to process "apetickets" . No sharding means that we will play another private server !@#$hole only with correct math models. I dont want to see bottleneck in any noncontested locations. I dont want tagwar. Sharding in non contested areas is a MUST. I whitnessed WOW "release". I dont want to experience that again. I want technically smooth gameplay!
Demo was PERFECT.

first of all, this is first time you repeat to any of my post, since this is the first one.
Second, who are you to assume i don't understand sharding. i Understand sharding just fine, and i rather have lag issues where i can see it's cause massive player amount present, than as now where everything feels dead, but there is stil lag everywhere.

So no, i don't want sharding - you might, i don't - and this is just my opinion, you can disagree all you want that's fine.
11/11/2018 16:49Posted by Hylax
This isn't a discussion... it's a monologue.

btw, you can just turn off the quest trackers in your interface options.

Yup, but the items and NPC's still light up
11/11/2018 17:59Posted by Grupp

Thank you, even though it got sooo much longer than intended. i Just felt i had to give my say, and let it drown among all the other posts here. But hey at least i got to say what i am hoping for in classic.
11/11/2018 16:50Posted by Nuckchorris
Even your TLDR version is wall of text, all i see is I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT.

Classic isnt going to be about what you or some1 else want. I realy hope it will be atleast 95% accurate vanilla version. Ofcourse there were things i would like to change, but if every1 makes huge lists of what they want, it would be a big mess.

I don't want anything, i hope for something, and when i see what i got, i get to decide if i will play or not.

I just wanted to give my say, have it disappear in the masses, but know i had my say.